IGNORED

Pre-match Questions for Kenwright Today

c1982

Unless we start interviewing fans before handing out tickets (like joining a golf club) - you are going to get this.

If 5 valid questions were asked and then someone shouts out "where's stallone" - it loses all credibility. The exchange will be remembered for that one comment.

Why don't they have an AGM??? let's them all get in one big room and thrash it out, some questions and some factual based honest answers. There never will be an AGM as the questions that will be asked will not want to be faced.

that would be the obvious answer, but as was pointed out last night, the BU want answers, but think Blue Bill is a liar, so whats the point

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and you won't believe the answers until he says what you want to hear anyways so what's the point?

I think such a forum would expose any lies, and certainly a few well constructed questions could get the truth.

Wasn't Bills last promise thet there would be investment in January? That Moyes would have money to spend...

http://www.theblueun...-the-blue-union

trying to say it was'nt them now.......doh.gif

is there part of the video i didnt see?!

They're just C*nts.

The fans who questioned Mr Kenwright did so of their own volition, and independently of the members of The Blue Union that were present. We commend the civilised and dignified manner in which they tried to find answers to their concerns, and made particular note of the Chairman’s failings to answer any of them. We would encourage other Evertonians to question the chairman and other members of the board in a similarly civilised manner before all our games.

GREEN - Dignified? What by shoving a 'Kenwright Out' banner right in his face? Civilised, shouting at someone (questions or not).

ORANGE - Of course you did, but this wasn't the BU? Or any other member affiliated with the BU? Come off it you belleneds, of course it was you, if it wasn't one of yours directly, i'm sure the wuestion they were asking are those that can be found stapled across your forum by every other member of the 'BU'. Fuckwits.

I think such a forum would expose any lies, and certainly a few well constructed questions could get the truth.

Wasn't Bills last promise thet there would be investment in January? That Moyes would have money to spend...

couldn't it be moyes' choice not to spend in january as prices are well inflated? also january isn't over yet

couldn't it be moyes' choice not to spend in january as prices are well inflated? also january isn't over yet

Based on the squad situation at the moment, you would have to question Moyes slightly if he was'nt looking to strengthen, we are long past being down to the bare bones Edited by theprisoner

b-b-b-b-b-biiiiiiiiiiiingo!

It seems some people would rather us put what little money we have on a gamble but then will complain that were going into more debt.

They're just C*nts.

GREEN - Dignified? What by shoving a 'Kenwright Out' banner right in his face? Civilised, shouting at someone (questions or not).

ORANGE - Of course you did, but this wasn't the BU? Or any other member affiliated with the BU? Come off it you belleneds, of course it was you, if it wasn't one of yours directly, i'm sure the wuestion they were asking are those that can be found stapled across your forum by every other member of the 'BU'. Fuckwits.

It is kind of good to see in a way, because they genuinely believe those kind of actions do any good. This is a great because no one needs to point out to them what a complete f**k up they are as an outfit, it is all publicly evident for everyone to see.

Neither Bill or the fans come out of it with any credit to be honest. Does anyone think that those fans are bothered about their reputation? of course they aren't, they want to cause as much trouble for Bill and expose him. They aren't there to get medals, they are there to try and escalate the sale of the club and do not believe Kenwright is the man to do it.

I found his behaviour somewhat arrogant considering the state the club is in. He hasn't done himself any favours, he could have and should have just walked away.

From the Times today:

Suspicion of unfairness in criticism of Kenwright

Oliver Kay

FOOTBALL CORRESPONDENT

Al Mercedes rolls intoa car I park and there, in the I passenger seat, is Bill I Kenwright, whose arrival I has been intensely awaited by the handful of Everton supporters [gathered behind the railings. I "Look at him laughing," one says.

"He's done that deliberately, you know," another says. "He's parked right there."

The Everton chairman opens the door, gets out and is faced with an ever more familiar barrage of questions and demands.

"Where's our money?"; "Where's the Arteta money ?"; "Name your price, Bi II"; "How much are you selling for. Bill? Is it 150 [million]?"; "Who's next. Bill? Rodwell? Barkley ?";"It's time for change, Bill"; "We deserve answers, Bill"; "This is our club"; "Let go if you love the club. Bill"; "Didn't you used to speak to all the Everton fans. Bill?"

At this point, Kenwright wanders over and tells the supporters that "your Blue Union has really betrayed this club". Then he walks off, to be followed by more of the same—"Betrayed the club? How dare you? You've saddled the club with debt"; "You've betrayed the club. Bill"—and uncomfortable reminders of failed attempts to relocate Everton to Kings Dock and, more recently, Kirkby.

Where to start? Perhaps with the important point that no one—not Kenwright, not those supporters who express justifiable concerns about stagnation or worse, provided that they do not resort to abuse—has betrayed Everton. To suggest otherwise ignores the reality that the Merseyside club are victims of English football's unforgiving 21st-century landscape, rather than the influence of individuals or groups.

According to his critics, that landscape is of Kenwright's making. His detractors accuse him of presiding over decline at Goodison Park, of "saddling the club with debt"(£45 million of it, to be precise), of selling players such as Joleon Lescott and Mikel Arteta and not reinvesting in David Moyes's squad, of leaving Everton to face a bleak future at Goodison Park while perceived lesser clubs move forward ambitiously under wealthy owners or in new stadiums with far greater revenue streams.

"Let go if you love the club," the Everton supporters chant It is a sentiment that appeals to Kenwright's sense of romance and his yearning to do the right thing by the club that he has supported

all his life. And, whatever his critics say, he wants the same: to step aside and make way for the wealthy investor who will re-establish Everton as a leading force in English footbalL

But how can Kenwright "let go" if there is no credible buyer?"Lettinggo" means leaving Everton at the mercy of the chancer, shyster and carpetbaggers who constitute such a significant portion of the market of potential buyers of football clubs—or at the mercy of financial institutions, whose only interest is in getting the best price, with no regard for the future of a club who have been an intrinsic part of Merseyside life since 1878.

The supporters are not duty-hound to believe Kenwright when he says that he is trying to sell, but they do have an obligation to accept that Everton are a hard sell at a time when there are so few ( credible figures willing to invest in, let alone bankroll, even such famous clubs. Perhaps they will feel that is Kenwright's fault, that Everton have missed the boat and are doomed to mediocrity, but they were doing just fine until the past couple of seasons, when the banks got tough and, significantly, Manchester City and ( Tottenham Hotspur found the money and the confidence to turn the "big four" into a "big six".

That should have been us, the Everton supporters will say. And perhaps, had the Kings Dock plan been realised, it would have been. But for now they have little choice but to make the best of what they have. Asking questions of Kenwright is more than fair. Regarding him with such suspicion that even his driver's choice of parking space is seen as some kind of "deliberate" affront is unfair and unhelpful.

Every club are looking for an owner who cares and is rich enough to satisfy the supporters' ambitions. Everton have one who cared deeply enough to save the club in 1999—and still cares passionately—but that was when football was still a game for millionaires, not billionaires. And a lot of people, Evertonians among them, liked it better that way.

left out the bit about, Fortress sports fund, and NTL and a few other things, but a good article nevertheless

NTL could just as easily been NTL pulling out at the last second (didnt they go bust soon after anyway?) but FSF I dont know enough about, cant seem to find any balanced articles on it.

NTL could just as easily been NTL pulling out at the last second (didnt they go bust soon after anyway?) but FSF I dont know enough about, cant seem to find any balanced articles on it.

Kenwright should never have sanctioned the NTL money to be spent til it was in the bank, that's the fuck up.

Edited by Romey 1878

Thats quite true, i think they did in the end, i still think Moyes has had a part to play in it all, and of course there is the board members Earl and Woods, i don't think we will ever find the truth out tbh

Kenwright created the FSF to see off Gregg in his power struggle, Gregg offered Kings Dock on a plate if Kenwright stepped down, Kenwright had to pull something out of the hat to show he had the ability to get investment into the club. The fortress fund was created, when his mission of seeing the back of Gregg was achieved, it vanished.

Kenwright created the FSF to see off Gregg in his power struggle, Gregg offered Kings Dock on a plate if Kenwright stepped down, Kenwright had to pull something out of the hat to show he had the ability to get investment into the club. The fortress fund was created, when his mission of seeing the back of Gregg was achieved, it vanished.

no disrespect intended Haf but I cant take your word on it alone considering our disagreements on the whole thing. Thats not to say youre not right though.

Other than Gregg's (correct as it turned out) scepticism at the end I don't know that there was another side of the argument at the time....though I may be wrong.

The scenario that Haf and many others adhere to presumably grew after it failed to materialise.

Bottom line is, I guess, whether you think BK expected the money to come and was let down with the rest of us or whether you believe he knew all along it wasn't going to come.

Other than Gregg's (correct as it turned out) scepticism at the end I don't know that there was another side of the argument at the time....though I may be wrong.

The scenario that Haf and many others adhere to presumably grew after it failed to materialise.

Bottom line is, I guess, whether you think BK expected the money to come and was let down with the rest of us or whether you believe he knew all along it wasn't going to come.

The king of spin, Ian Ross, said the FSF was a "means to an end, nothing more". His words.

The king of spin, Ian Ross, said the FSF was a "means to an end, nothing more". His words.

True but that doesn't really clarify anything.

Those who believe that everything that comes out of the club is a lie can't cherry-pick the bits that apparently support their argument and assert them to be truesmile.png.

True but that doesn't really clarify anything.

Those who believe that everything that comes out of the club is a lie can't cherry-pick the bits that apparently support their argument and assert them to be truesmile.png.

Those that believe that everything that comes out of the club is true must believe it's true then. So must therefore see they've been played smile.png .

Edited by Romey 1878

Shareholder Mark Graysons evidence to Public Inquiry into Destination Kirkby.

Proof of Evidence - Mark Grayson Page 3 of 12

1.7 Subsequently problems emanating in the boardroom of Everton FC came to the fore most dramatically in the summer of 2004 when the newly appointed CEO Trevor Birch mysteriously left the club after just 6 weeks14 whilst the relationship between the Directors appeared to have become strained. This led to attempts by Paul Gregg in July 200415 to seize control of the club by offering to buy out Mr Kenwright’s and Mr Woods’ shareholding for a reported £15m with the offer to invest a further £15m through a rights issue16. Mr Kenwright and Mr Woods declined the offer stating that they wanted to know who was behind the offer and wanted to see proof of funding17. A PR war subsequently ensued with Mr Kenwright initially claiming to have found investment through Anton Zingrevich18 then miraculously through the Fortress Sports Fund investment proposals. These proposals appeared within a few weeks of Mr Gregg going public in his attempts to buy the club and this despite years of Mr Kenwright previously claiming to have been unsuccessfully searching ‘24/7’ for investment. Sadly, the issue with the Fortress Sports Fund was allowed to drag on19 and on20 until eventually most observers had began to realise that the Fortress Sports Funds proposals was just a tactic to prevent Paul Gregg from seizing control of the club. To date, I do not recall any official explanation as to why the proposals failed to materialise.

1.8 It later transpired through an email21 issued by Ian Ross Everton’s Head of Communications and External Affairs to an Everton Shareholder that the Fortress Sports Fund proposals were actually a ‘means to an end’ in order to prevent Mr Gregg from acquiring the club. The whole Fortress Sports Fund episode was a sad and sorry episode in the history of Everton Football Club. It was a bleak demonstration of the lengths individuals would be prepared to go to control Everton Football Club.

Those that believe that everything that comes out of the club is true must believe it's true then. So must therefore see they've been played smile.png .

Some people just don't want to believe that they have been fooled, it's fair enough. It's human nature, tribalism, the same that we have seen from some Liverpool fans in the suarez incident.