IGNORED

Pre-match Questions for Kenwright Today

c1982

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those that believe that everything that comes out of the club is true must believe it's true then.

Are there such peoplehuh.png ?

You can't believe everything coming from the club is true when there are at times conflicting bits of information from different parties.

Other than Gregg's (correct as it turned out) scepticism at the end I don't know that there was another side of the argument at the time....though I may be wrong.

The scenario that Haf and many others adhere to presumably grew after it failed to materialise.

Bottom line is, I guess, whether you think BK expected the money to come and was let down with the rest of us or whether you believe he knew all along it wasn't going to come.

This is where i think a lot of Bill's problems stem from, i think maybe he has asumed a bit too much in the past and maybe he should have just kept his mouth shout till the event actually happened, but i guess that's the excited fan in him, but as chairman he should know better, or he is just an out and out liar, im not so sure

I liked the article, but disagreed on a couple of points too... specifically that Kenwright isn't to blame.

He's the chairman. It's his duty to best by the club.

Accepting the (seeming) fact that TODAY Everton are a hard sell, you have to look at why they are currently a hard sell.

We shouldn't go into the age old specifics of debt / ground etc... but we should say "ok, one of the country's VERY top clubs has had good revenue throughout BK's tenure. It's spent very little during BK's tenure, and yet now, it finds itself in debt, not worth very much, and this has happened in a climate where some other rivals have managed to do much better (let's discount City as a bit of a special case).

He took over a great club, which admittedly wasn't in the best of shape even then, but arguably no worse than the mess most clubs where in.

After 25+ years of Stewardship and 13 years of ownership, blame should and MUST be laid firmly at his door.

Nobody can blame him for not having enough money... he's not a billionaire. But they CAN blame him for lacking foresight enough to realise he was going to run out of money. They can blame him for not seeing opportunity when the 'boom' was on to sell Everton then. They can blame him for increasing the debt. They can blame him for failing to invest in the team (not huge amounts, just sensible amounts for the club of its size).

Being a fan of Everton doesn't make him a great runner of the club. In some respects, it might well hinder his judgment. But, like any manager or player would be, he MUST be judged on results. The results are.... he's probably taken the club backwards, and at best, not progressed. And given such failings, he has the audacity to claim he's the best person to find his own replacement. I don't think he is.

Only a fool has himself as a representative in court - the old legal adage goes. In the same way, only a fool who couldn't properly run a football club would believe he can identify the 'right' folks who can.

Kenwright created the FSF to see off Gregg in his power struggle, Gregg offered Kings Dock on a plate if Kenwright stepped down, Kenwright had to pull something out of the hat to show he had the ability to get investment into the club. The fortress fund was created, when his mission of seeing the back of Gregg was achieved, it vanished.

Did Gregg ever claim that he would deliver Kings Dock or is that just another Buffoonism ( BU Statement)?

I'll allow you to find the answer to that question Dunc, given that this was known before the blue union existed.

I don't know the answer to that but I'm guessing that he claimed he would deliver Kings Dock.

But there's no guarantee that he'd have been any more successful than Bill....and we might have ended up today running around with "Gregg Out!" banners.

I don't know the answer to that but I'm guessing that he claimed he would deliver Kings Dock.

But there's no guarantee that he'd have been any more successful than Bill....and we might have ended up today running around with "Gregg Out!" banners.

Conditional tense Mike? That is fact isnt it?

shaking%20fist.png

do you try and be a prick on purpose?? shaking%20fist.pngshaking%20fist.png i hope the masseuse is a trunchbull lookalike!!

and buffoonism laugh.png

suck it baby! mmmmmmmmmmwaahahahahhaha!

Looking at GOT, someone made a very valid point as to how Earl seems to escape all focus when he owns only a little less than Kenwright and is never seen. It's all very well pointing out kenwrights failures, but what has Earl done, and does he actually 'own ' the shares???

I dont know the answer that is why Im asking the question

Is it a BU known or is it a fact?

Gregg stated publicly that he would fund the Kings dock if he was given full control of the club. We will never know if he would be true to his word, but its gone now, it was a big miss, move on.

Looking at GOT, someone made a very valid point as to how Earl seems to escape all focus when he owns only a little less than Kenwright and is never seen. It's all very well pointing out kenwrights failures, but what has Earl done, and does he actually 'own ' the shares???

Earl has no interest in football, or the club, and has said that from the start. For me, Earl and Woods need to be taking a big chunk of the pressure off Kenwright. He's had months of stick, lets maybe give him a few rounds to get his energy back, and drag these two into the ring abit.

How about a protest of "let go if you dont really care about the club" to Earl, and maybe "we forgot that you were here" to Woods.

Edited by StevO