IGNORED

Pre-match Questions for Kenwright Today

c1982

So my only point on this topic ... I f**king hate BU. They are everything I hate about pressure groups. Other thing, and I hate to get personal, I loathe the high horse that people like Hafnia (feel free to complain to the mods) jump on when stupid stunts like this are performed by this extremely badly run group. That is all.

(Romey's last sentence above sums it up nicely for me.)

Don't be an arse, You don't know me, you read my posts. Create your own opinion, and stop making excuses for those who offer none, and don't use my name as part of your posts. I stand for nothing other than what I believe in.

Mods? Why would I complain to the mods? I can take care of my own opinions without the need for backup. Don't be a helmet.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone has a view, and as long as folks aren't personal about things, they should be allowed to express it.

It's too easy for someone to be accused of not being 'loyal' if they question the current tactics, or regime.

It's too easy to be accused of being patronising (as a City) fan if you say something complimentary about Everton

It's too easy to be accused of rubbing it in if you criticise aspects of Everton.

It's just views, as wide and varied as can be.

I don't think people jump on a bandwagon, it's simply that some themes really reasonate with someone's belief and passion.... so if you THINK BK's the problem, you'll jump in with BK talk.

People see what they want to see. I know the moment I post a controversial view... the 'City' noose is around my neck. The same can happen with some of the Everton posters who are viewed as 'pessimists' or 'foolish optimists'. Once people assume that's what you are, they read that in your posts. Sometimes, it's worth reading a post multiple times and trying to really read what they are saying... usually it's not as bad as it might look.

It must be easier for an opposition supporter to join in with home debates then you're allowed some room for error or mistakes can be overlooked. Even I've felt sometimes as a long standing supporter a bit apprehensive about posting on any Toffee board in case others may take issue with it, load of stuff and nonsense at the end of the day, of course there will be disagreements and differences of opinion, that's all part of soccer forums, but there will sometimes be an element of doubt with some posts in case of any Backlash or such. Maybe some people don't like to be told they're in the wrong or something but we can only call it as we see it

I think we forget sometimes how easily we can get upset on the internet.

Under all the bravado and 'it's only a forum', you CAN say stuff sometimes that really gets someone upset... not necessarily because you posted something awful, but they might be particularly sensitive. And of course, sometimes, things just get to us, even when we have thick skins.

I've walked out of matches and heard entirely opposite opinions about a player or a decision from fans of the same team who've just watched the same match... so you can bet your life on a forum like this the range of opinions will be huge.

I'm much more in favour of people debating a point though, rather than discussing the poster of the comment. As soon as it turns to 'You are a tosser', or "you're always negative', the focus is turning from the topic to a person, and that's when it gets messy.

I think people should try to avoid looking at WHO posted, and just focus on what was written. Saves a lot of upset.

I was talking on a Tamworth forum today and some fucking miserable supporter from Altrincham sticks their nose in and starts giving me attitude because I kindly asked him to refrain from getting involved in a post match debate that was none of his business and posting snide remarks about Tamworth for whatever reason, told him to do one

There will always be those about intent on disturbances or with less than nothing to do than rile genuine supporters, it will never change

PS Think we'd better leave it at that as this is a Kenwright thread, but there you are

Kenwright shouldn't have said that but I hope those fans are pleased with what they managed to achieve with that protest....sigh.

The fans can shout and scream as much as they want at the gates but it won't make a difference to where this club is headed, if anything it causes more ill feeling between Kenwright and the fans. We should all save our breath for the stands and get behind the lads on the pitch every Saturday, that's where the fans can make a difference, unless the BU is suddenly going to strike oil under Stanley Park.

I appreciate and respect that everyone is entitled to have their opinions and express them, but I have to agree with BlueSky and Av, we have to be realistic and just concentrate on what's happening on the pitch.

Both sides are led by complete and utter morons who discredit themselves any time they're in the public eye.

You've got Kenwright on one side who puts his foot in his mouth that often you'd think he'd brought about foot and mouth disease. Then you have the leaders of the BU who constantly make themselves look like clowns with their methods.

I'm sick to fucking death of it all. You lot bicker like little children while Everton falls apart and we all lose out.

Thats about sums it up!

It is the fans club in the sense that if we ALL don't go and don't buy the merchandise etc, EFC wouldn't be able to continue as a business.

It is Bill's business as much (well slightly more) as it is Earl's and Woods'... these people should be questioned too... Bill may not even be the main 'problem'!

I really do wonder sometimes just how much BK does actually own, in that we all know he borrowed money to buy the club then more to get rid of whats his name. The fact is and we all know it, when you look at the finances at the club its actually owned by the banks. It was the banks that stopped us 'trading' in the summer it was the banks that immediately took the Bellefield, Pienaar money.

Anyone who believes BK is running the club is deluded the bank calls the shots alls Blue Bill appears to want at the minute is a payday, and i am worried that were getting closer to goimng bust than ever.

In many ways bill is his own worst enemy, because out of that shower of useless pricks, he's the only one who puts his head above the parapet.

The time has come for him to be the enormous self proclaimed evertonian that he is and be up front about things.

Why would it be harmful to release the asking price for his shares? The only way I see it is because he would face criticism if they were ridiculously priced. Therefore that is my understanding. £150m is the rumour, a complete and utter piss take.

think everything i wanted to say has been covered, but im going to summarise my view as best i can. BK shouldnt have risen to it but I understand why he did. I wouldnt exactly call the protest peaceful, the tone alone was aggressive. Bill will regret it, i wouldve said embarrassed rather than betrayed because thats what the BU are doing. Theyve gone from a union to help the board seek investment to a witchhunt to get Bill out. Berating a man who is under-pressure with the same stupid slogans "Sell the club if you love it Bill", "im the number one fan Bill (that one really pissed me off)" etc etc in the tone of voice makes them sound like sheep with no brains. its these sheep that represent the BU and these sheep who embarrass the club.

No matter how much we would like to think the club is ours, it isnt. The paperwork isnt signed by all the fans, its signed by Kenwright and the board. As fans we put in a hell of a lot of money but as has been pointed out, its not the majority of the income. Going the that logic whoever pays for the TV rights has more right to claim the club is theres.

Utterly disgusted with the behaviour of those clowns.

There are quite a few posts I would love to tear into here but not got the battery life on the laptop.

Edited by Matt

In many ways bill is his own worst enemy, because out of that shower of useless pricks, he's the only one who puts his head above the parapet.

The time has come for him to be the enormous self proclaimed evertonian that he is and be up front about things.

Why would it be harmful to release the asking price for his shares? The only way I see it is because he would face criticism if they were ridiculously priced. Therefore that is my understanding. £150m is the rumour, a complete and utter piss take.

how much is the club worth??

what if he comes out and says no i want far less than that? are the bu gonna apologise for bein such arseholes about this point? no they aren't..and if it's too high he's only gonna get shit..he's got nothin to gain and no reason to release the asking price unless they are buyin...it's such a borin question and if that is all these morons have they aren't gonna make a difference one jot

also where is the 150m rumour from? never heard that til yesterday on twitter i must say..

Edited by marcopaulo

how much is the club worth??

what if he comes out and says no i want far less than that? are the bu gonna apologise for bein such arseholes about this point? no they aren't..and if it's too high he's only gonna get shit..he's got nothin to gain and no reason to release the asking price unless they are buyin...it's such a borin question and if that is all these morons have they aren't gonna make a difference one jot

also where is the 150m rumour from? never heard that til yesterday on twitter i must say..

...and does the £150m clear the debt?

None of us actually know anything officially, it's all 'I've heard' etc. so let's not pretend to know stuff unless we actually do. To be honest, I think rumours are the main cause of the problem at EFC at the moment - we've got fans setting up other fans for disappointment.

Talk about flogging a dead horse.

Its none of your business how much he wants for his shares so why are you so obsessed about it?

I just wish the Buffoon Union would get back in the taxi they came in and piss off

Talk about flogging a dead horse.

Its none of your business how much he wants for his shares so why are you so obsessed about it?

I just wish the Buffoon Union would get back in the taxi they came in and piss off

If it was bill kenwright motors then fair enough. It isn't - it's everton football club, he's at the helm of an emotive institution which heavily relies on its fan base. In over 10 years he has increased debt and sold off assets - the voice of the fans has been silenced under his regime.

Let's just say his pricing is delaying the sale and in the meantime more players are sold off, squad dwindles and performances decline, you happy with that Dunc?

If it was bill kenwright motors then fair enough. It isn't - it's everton football club, he's at the helm of an emotive institution which heavily relies on its fan base. In over 10 years he has increased debt and sold off assets - the voice of the fans has been silenced under his regime.

Let's just say his pricing is delaying the sale and in the meantime more players are sold off, squad dwindles and performances decline, you happy with that Dunc?

You keep banging on about how BK has increased the debt and sold off assets but what would you rather he had done, kept the assets and be playing in League 2?

BK has never had the money and so yes he has sold assets to keep the club going, its unsustainable and the wheels have now come off because there is nothing left to sell. Obviously I am not happy about it and that is why I am just as desperate as you for the club to be taken over. However I havent got the time of day for the morons at the Buffoon Union. They just keep spouting out the same old tiresome crap.

I do agree that the club is a shambles off the pitch however I dont think for one minute that BK is a liar and I dont agree with the pathetic name calling that is going on from the BU. They havent got a clue what they stand for themselves so how is anyone supposed to take them seriously?

I hugely admire the way they managed to drum up a lot of media attention which was promptly wasted. What annoys me the most about them is they bang on about the way they are not getting personal and only trying to get answers ,then they do get personal with insults and make idiots out of themselves.

I'm sure there principle aim was to get some answers and draw attention to the clubs plight but now it has become a boring "Kenwright out" and even "Moyes out" group . If they kept the twats on a leash and acted in a more professional and laid-back way then they may get some support or progress .

I fear there will be more useless drum-banging come February.

It's all very much like boxers trash talking to be honest. It's about publicity, and while you think it's harmful and disrespectful there is an aim to it.

My own honest opinion. If I was to be given 30 minutes with bill I wouldn't be able to do what they have done. It's not in my nature, however whatever he told me - I just would or could not believe.

http://www.theblueun...-the-blue-union

trying to say it was'nt them now.......doh.gif

We commend the civilised and dignified manner in which they tried to find answers to their concerns,

is there part of the video i didnt see?!

that whole article is a joke with the same old whining going on and on. At which point are they going to actually live up to their promise to aid?

Edited by Matt

http://www.theblueun...-the-blue-union

trying to say it was'nt them now.......doh.gif

It is quite possible it wasn't them... it may have been other disgruntled fans someone recorded it and sent it to the B.U.

I know many fans who aren't BU supporters who want kenwright out. Are the dwindling attendances saying anything? - I know at least 10 stay awayers who will not return till we are sold.

I just want us sold asap, things are getting desperate.

Unless we start interviewing fans before handing out tickets (like joining a golf club) - you are going to get this.

If 5 valid questions were asked and then someone shouts out "where's stallone" - it loses all credibility. The exchange will be remembered for that one comment.

Why don't they have an AGM??? let's them all get in one big room and thrash it out, some questions and some factual based honest answers. There never will be an AGM as the questions that will be asked will not want to be faced.