IGNORED

Villa (Away)

Romey 1878

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll see if I can sneak a snipers rifle into the stadium.

Both teams have had their problems lately, they did well at Bristol Rovers the other night in an awkward trip and we usually get some stellar games with these two teams. I think with home advantage and the Holte End making a noise it could be a determining factor, they do have some fine players too. It should be a good game, if that bungling ass clown of a match official doesn't get too involved

A big hello and happy new year to all Toffees from Avillafan.com!!

Just the same as last season i am coming to you cap in hand looking for someone to participate in a Q&A for avillafan.com, Anyone interested??

You just as Toffeetalk will get full credit when the feature is posted on our main page! Please PM me if interested Guys.

And just so you know from the start, i hate Liverpool Fc almost as much as i hate the unwashed from Small Heath!!

Edited by Avillafan

Just the same as last season i am coming to you cap in hand looking for someone to participate in a Q&A for avillafan.com, Anyone interested??

You just as Toffeetalk will get full credit when the feature is posted on our main page! Please PM me if interested Guys.

And just so you know from the start, i hate Liverpool Fc almost as much as i hate the unwahed from Small Heath!!

All the best mate.

A litle help for Eveton Fans coming to Villa Park this weekend, if you want secure free parking head for Birmingham City Uni in Perry barr, the parking is free and on site security monitor via cctv, it is only a 10 min walk from the ground down Aston lane you get to Villa Park right by the away fans section!! well thats my good deed for the day!!

Now that i have help you!!lol can i tempt anyone to help me with the opposition view q&A??

I thought I'd start this thread now seeing as I've just found out that Clattenburg has finally been given one of our games; this one.

Clattenburg might have a good day against us you never know, considering that he was heavily critisised for the game that he took charge of back in 2007 he might favour us to get back in the FA's good books. I'll agree that he isn't the best referee in the world but on the other hand I don't think there is a referee out there that is actually really bias towards us so all we can do out there is play our own game and hope that it's enough!

A litle help for Eveton Fans coming to Villa Park this weekend...

How lovely it is to see Avinalaff's brother join our site!

And just so you know from the start, i hate Liverpool Fc almost as much as i hate the unwashed from Small Heath!!

just put the questions in here mate then take your pick from the answers.

Hi its Avinalaff's Brother Avillafan.com here!!

If anyone is interested then please take a moment to answer the questions below and PM me the answers along with your real name (if willing) for our main page feature, Toffeetalk.com will get full credit and a link will be placed on our forum to yours! Many thanks in advance,

1.Why Everton and how long have you supported them?

2. Everton and Villa seem to be a mirror for each other at the moment, both Clubs being careful with finances and both have been plundered for some of our better players by the big boys, what do you think the future holds for both Clubs if the current pattern continues?

3.David Moyes was touted a while ago as a replacement for Sir Alex Fergerson when he retires, but in the last few seasons this has tailed off somewhat and i have also heard some Everton Fans calling for him to be replaced!! what are your feelings in this matter?

4.Everton were reportedly a target of a recent buyout by the Qatar Investment Authority along with Blackburn Rovers, what do you know about this and how would you feel about becoming one of the "Money" clubs in the Premier League considering how Man City and Chelsea have been demonised?

5. Louis Saha was recently racially abused on twitter, John Terry is facing criminal charges for comments he allegedly made to Anton Ferninand and Louis Suarez has been banned for racially abusing Patrice Evra, why do you think these incidents have reared their head again? and what message do you think Liverpool FC sent out with their support of Suarez?

6. The Transfer window is upon us once again, what players do you think Everton should sign working within the tight budget that Moyes has? and who would you like to see shown the door and why?

7. What are you feelings and thoughts about Aston Villa and its Fans?

8. What you you think of the uproar that the appointment of Alex McLeish as Aston Villa Manager and how do you think he has done thus far considering all the goings on at the Club over the last 18 months?

9. If you could take one Player from Aston Villa and sign him for Everton who would it be and why?

10.Which Teams will finish in the top four and bottom 3 of the Premier League this season?

11. Who will finsih higher this season? Everton or Aston Villa?

12. And finally Match Predictions?

I watched my first game as a babe in arms, with my dad and his brother, who were probably supposed to be baby sitting. 43 years later, I'm still wishing they'd took me to a pantomime instead.

2. Everton and Villa seem to be a mirror for each other at the moment, both Clubs being careful with finances and both have been plundered for some of our better players by the big boys, what do you think the future holds for both Clubs if the current pattern continues?

I expect the big clubs across the globe will eventually form their own 'world' league, and the big investors will concentrate their funding on that. Any clubs not able to compete will be left behind. It seems to be the next logical step for football, as money will destroy the game of that I have no doubt.

3.David Moyes was touted a while ago as a replacement for Sir Alex Fergerson when he retires, but in the last few seasons this has tailed off somewhat and i have also heard some Everton Fans calling for him to be replaced!! what are your feelings in this matter?

I'm a Moyes supporter, and he has my loyalty and patience. I look at the bigger picture, and realise he is up against it with Everton. Other fans are a bit selfish in my eyes, and impatient, but they have a right to their opinion.

4.Everton were reportedly a target of a recent buyout by the Qatar Investment Authority along with Blackburn Rovers, what do you know about this and how would you feel about becoming one of the "Money" clubs in the Premier League considering how Man City and Chelsea have been demonised?

I'm at peace with being the poor club that we are, even if a few more quid in the kitty wouldn't harm us. The way Moyes has had to be resourceful has been a joy to behold, and shows a side to management that few appreciate fully. Getting into Europe and to Wembley felt such an unbelievable achievement, and brought excitement back to our club. I'm not sure having those things given to us on a plate would be quite so exciting. I'm lucky in that I've seen successful teams at Everton, and my history with the club may be different to many younger fans, who are thirsty for silverware, but I think that our club may not survive the cost of Premiership football without investment in the long term if things don't change.

5. Louis Saha was recently racially abused on twitter, John Terry is facing criminal charges for comments he allegedly made to Anton Ferninand and Louis Suarez has been banned for racially abusing Patrice Evra, why do you think these incidents have reared their head again? and what message do you think Liverpool FC sent out with their support of Suarez?

This is a subject that is very controversial, and irrelevant to our fixture, so I'm going to pass, and simply say racism is very much a problem I wished did not exist.

6. The Transfer window is upon us once again, what players do you think Everton should sign working within the tight budget that Moyes has? and who would you like to see shown the door and why?

We have many contracts expiring this season, and many players nearing the end of their careers, and I don't see how we can avoid having to sell one or two big names, be it in January or August, as we don't seem to have the funding to rebuild the squad. Any players coming in will be a bonus to our numbers, but with 3 long term loans already on our books, I feel it will be a quiet window, and one that will see fans frustrated. Players such as Bilyaletdinov really need to be moved on while they have value, but we can't afford to lose others, as our squad is too small.

7. What are your feelings and thoughts about Aston Villa and its Fans?

They're a historically strong club, and played decent stuff over the years. No real opinion of their fans to be truthful.

8. What you you think of the uproar that the appointment of Alex McLeish as Aston Villa Manager and how do you think he has done thus far considering all the goings on at the Club over the last 18 months?

Not taken much notice if I'm honest mate. I've had my mind on our own issues.

9. If you could take one Player from Aston Villa and sign him for Everton who would it be and why?

Toss up between Darren Bent, or Agbonlahor. We need a striker badly.

10.Which Teams will finish in the top four and bottom 3 of the Premier League this season?

Top 4: City, Utd, Chelsea, Spurs Arsenal. West Brom, Wolves, Wigan, and that's totally different than my prediction a week or so ago if I'm honest.

Everton will be favourites, but the outcome of the game might be a big boost to either team.

1-1 DRAW

All the best to your lads for 2012.

I was chosen that's why wink.png dad took me to a game as a nipper...now i'm 25 and have been a season ticket holder for 22 of those years...i'm goin grey and bald already

we're in the shit if kenwright doesn't manage to find a suitable buyer..you i believe have decent behind the scenes work(not sure how true that is) so i fancy you boys to be ok...our only saving grace is our fantastic youth system

i don't want him to be replaced..i want him to evolve with football..his old stubborn ways have been found out and we haven't kicked on from a few years ago...just getting some attacking coaches to give him fresh ideas would be nice..and i've never believed he would be good enough to manage man utd

i know nothing of it and i don't want to be a money club..just a stable club..there's always the what ifs for chelsea and city..if sheikhy gets bored and fucks off they're up a nasty creek without a certain implement..plus i'd hate to have the new breed of football fan who are complete todge cloths

thought the support went too far and was pathetic..stand by your player yeah but when he was found guilty all the other stuff was stupid..claimin he was innocent but we won't appeal? if it was a reserve player he'd have been out on his arse and we all know it..just look at the way this fan is being hunted..why not the same with suarez? he gets full pay for 8 games and this fan gets a life ban..joke...john terry is an arrogant bully who has lived off some reputation that he gained and i'm not even sure were he gained it...massively overrated player who thinks he can do what he wants..as for the saha thing the guy was just a moron like the liverpool fan..driven by stress and anger at how badly the players are performing but to react like that is a joke..got what he deserved

bily to go cos he isn't getting played in the right way i don't feel...beyond that i can't see where we can afford to lose someone..i'd like to see neville and cahill move on cos i don't want their careers to whimper out after all the hard work they have put in for the club over the years(cahill more than neville there)..they're not performing and people are gettin on their backs now and it's not nice to see although fully justified...and saha gone just cos he's a soppy shite baguette..as for in i don't know..adam johnson doesn't get the playing time he deserves at city so a loan for him would be great...and just a striker that can score goals and stays in the box would be nice but we have no money and it's all pointless come summer time

know a couple villa fans..decent chaps until you get onto the subject of football...don't know enough about them to fully judge but what i seem to see is very fickle and angry people..no offence

i'd have gone just as mental to be honest..it'd be like if benitez had taken liverpool down..he'd have been a hero then but i wouldn't want the idiot runnin the team i support..not a good manager in my eyes and made worse the fact he managed your rivals

agbonlahor...immense pace and can score..should score more but played out wide mostly for villa...or petrov if we could have him 4 years ago

city, utd, spurs, arsenal

wigan, bolton, wolves

very close to call..we tend to be strong finishers of the season but i can't see it this year..i'd put them both finishing between 8th-13th

i'd kill for a win..defo take a draw but think we will lose 2-0

Edited by marcopaulo

I inherited them from my parents. Living on the Isle of Man we have no local team anyway. Who could resist that blue?

I think Villa had some quality players but the squad never fulfilled it's potential. You could and possibly should have achieved more with the likes of Young and Downing in the side, however neither have actually gone on to pull up any trees at the "big boys" just yet. Villa's financial situation doesn't seem to be quite as desperate as ours, but it must be equally frustrating as a fan to see the potential in the squad with just a couple of good signings required to make a real push for silverware, only to lose out to other teams who have spending power. It kills me seeing City and Spurs challenging for the title when they were on the same level as us just a few seasons ago, just because they received the necessary investment.

I don't think Moyes will replace Fergie, but I don't see who else would be a much better option for United. His tactics have been frustrating in recent years, we started with 6 defenders on the pitch at home against the bottom club last week, I mean jeez! But nobody else could achieve better results than he has managed. Anyway, if we get rid of him, who on earth could be tempted to come and take over a club going backwards with high expectations, no money, an insecure future and a small squad? Nobody worth the hassle of changing management.

We all "demonise" the money clubs because we're jealous, simple as. While it does seem unjust that a club putting in the same amount of effort as us achieves infinitely superior results, just because another oil merchant from the UAE liked the look of their club more than ours, we have to accept that this is football in the modern day. If we want to succeed, which as fans of our club of course we do, then multi million pound investment is the only realistic catalyst for our goals. DM has done an excellent job with a shoestring budget, taking us to Europe and the FA Cup final, but its just not enough to make that final step.

I don't know why racism has come to the fore again recently. As much as I dislike them, I don't wish to group all of Liverpool's fans under one blanket, regarding the Adeyemi incident last Friday, but Kenny Dalglish should really know better than to lead the support of Suarez. It's one thing saying "Suarez isn't a racist", but completely unacceptable for a footballing icon, manager of one of the most respected and supported sporting organisations in the world, to make a statement that could even be slightly construed as pro-racist. Once Suarez was found guilty, Liverpool should have shut up and the little tw*t should have made a public apology, whether he actually did it or not.

We won't sign anyone. I swear to god if there's any substance to the "Gibson to Everton" rumours, I don't even want to think what I might do. In terms of players leaving I don't think our squad is big enough to even let the deadwood like Phil Neville leave, not that anybody would pay money for him. If we get a 15-20 million offer for any of our major assets - Fellaini, Barkley, Baines, Rodwell - I think our hands are tied and they'll be sold, sadly, but hopefully we can hold on to them throughout this window. The best news we can hope for is agreeing a long term contract for Drenthe.

Fairly indifferent. They're a solid Premier League club and in any season I'd be very surprised if they finished anywhere other than the middle third of the table. There's some good players there - Agbonlahor, Bent, Given, Warnock, potentially N'Zogbia - keeping them safe from a serious relegation threat, but not quite enough to make a big push for the top 6.

If the club sticks with him and he gets financial backing, I think McLeish is as good a man as anyone to take the club forward. He hasn't blown anyone away or worked any miracles, but his job shouldn't be under any threat in the near future. I didn't really understand the massive problem with him being appointed. He won the League Cup with Birmingham and couldn't have achieved a much better league finish with the squad he had at his disposal, in my opinion. I think it's just as important for a manager to have time to make the club his own as it is to have a good manager, as has been proven at Man Utd, Arsenal and Everton.

Darren Bent because we need somebody to put the ball in the bloody goal!

I think City, United, Spurs and Arsenal will take the top 4 spots. Chelsea have been dreadfully inconsistent, Newcastle will be close to the top 6 and Liverpool will struggle to be anywhere near. Relegation, I think the newly promoted sides will have a rougher ride over the second half of the season. QPR especially could be at risk depending on how Hughes and any new signings settle in, Wigan will definitely struggle to escape relegation, I'd say Bolton will just get away with it.... Blackburn, Wigan and QPR/West Brom to go down.

Everton in my opinion, sorry. But nobody will really care anyway because it will be about 11th and 13th.

At Goodison, I'd fancy us to win, but away from home it could be tough. We'll probably draw, I can see it being 0-0.

My mother and father are Evertonians so I guess I just got into it through them. My first game was when we was playing at Goodison and beat Wimbledon 4-0, Nick Barmby scored a hat-trick that day, so in my eyes he was a legend until he moved across the park! Being little I was always interested in Manchester United because they were winning everything but I've always had a passion for the Toffee's - been supporting my whole life (18 years).

I don't really know much about behind the scenes at Villa Park but I could never imagine you going down, so whereas I think at the moment you're not at your best I don't think its going to get any worse. For me Everton are another club that I don't think will get relegated but I can't see us making any progress without a buyer. For all I like Kenwright as a person I want to see him replaced.

The frustration of the fans has caused some of them to call for his head. In my opinion David should stay because he has been a fantastic manager and is still managing to keep us mid-table (rather than fighting relegation) and I think that the time will come when we still start pounding above our weight again. His negative football has pissed a few people off but he's the right man for the job, I'd rather have him than say, Mark Hughes or Iain Dowie!

I'd like it because we would be able to challenge for the title however I woulden't like the status of supporting a club that is 'ruining football' and I would be worried about the long term effects. I mean it's only a matter of time before the Arabs bugger off and clubs like Manchester City hit rock bottom.

The twitter thing is in my opinion down to the person thinking they are anonymous because they are behind a computer screen. From having a username and not showing their face on their avatar somehow gave them the mindset that racially abusing an Everton player was acceptable - crazy. I also think that the Suarez saga is one big joke, he is a horrible person and someone that the game would be better off without, I can understand why Liverpool would want to back their own player but surely they know what an arse he is and I think by supporting him in the way they have they have made themselves look like a disgrace to the football league (especially with the Oldham incident too).

I would like to see us sign someone who can score goals, Jermaine Defoe or Darren Bent? I know that it's unlikely but that's who I'd like to see. I'd like it if Saha was shown the door and replaced by one of the two mentioned earlier whilst also offloading the likes of Cahill who does sweet fuck all in his games for us now.

Nice club with nice fans. You got some bad publicity when McLeish was signed and you lot kicked off but I can understand why, I've never had a reason to speak a bad word about the Villians to be honest and I probably never will do!

I can understand it, if Kenny Dalgliesh was announced as the new manager at Everton I'd go out and punch a baby. I think he's done a decent job but I don't really rate him as a manager, he was good with Rangers but then who isn't? He's not doing bad but you could do so much better. I always liked Villa when O'Neill was in charge. Sure he had success with Celtic which was arguably easy, but I do believe he's a good manager too.

Either Bent or Agbonlahor not too picky with which, I'll say Bent because his name is easier to spell. A notable mention goes out to Shay Given though, whereas I don't think we need a goalkeeper I think he is one of the best that the Premiership has seen, so he would be always welcome at Goodison in my opinion if ever Tim Howard's goal tally dried up.

Manchester United, Manchester City, Tottenham & Chelsea will be up there whilst QPR, Wigan Athletic and Blackburn Rovers will get the chop.

Everton - we will come good in the second half of the season. That and the fact that I'm an Evertonian, so I'm incredably bias!

Urgh. I'll go for 1-0 to us, hard one to call because we always seem to have tight games with you boys. I'll say that a Baines penalty will win it for us in the 95th minute!

1.Why Everton and how long have you supported them? - I blame my dad. Going on 37 years now

2. Everton and Villa seem to be a mirror for each other at the moment, both Clubs being careful with finances and both have been plundered for some of our better players by the big boys, what do you think the future holds for both Clubs if the current pattern continues? - Relegation, Leeds type situation. Something needs to happen.

3.David Moyes was touted a while ago as a replacement for Sir Alex Fergerson when he retires, but in the last few seasons this has tailed off somewhat and i have also heard some Everton Fans calling for him to be replaced!! what are your feelings in this matter? - I think that he has done his bit for the club and deserves to go to a club with other ambitions and a big wad of cash. he is far to defensive in his tactics and Everton does not have the player types to support his football thinking. Ive been a massive fan of his, but he has lost his plot and plays players out of their positions too often when there are other alternatives. I wish him all the best for the future and hope that he does well. I still think Man U would be a great club for him and he would probably work wonders there. Its a bit like Cahill really. Cahill is an Everton hero, but he is in danger of destroying that hero status. Dont want that to happen to either.

4.Everton were reportedly a target of a recent buyout by the Qatar Investment Authority along with Blackburn Rovers, what do you know about this and how would you feel about becoming one of the "Money" clubs in the Premier League considering how Man City and Chelsea have been demonised? - Bring on the cash

5. Louis Saha was recently racially abused on twitter, John Terry is facing criminal charges for comments he allegedly made to Anton Ferninand and Louis Suarez has been banned for racially abusing Patrice Evra, why do you think these incidents have reared their head again? and what message do you think Liverpool FC sent out with their support of Suarez? - All im going to say on the matter is that any harrassment of any kind does not belong anywhere. Its up to the clubs and the players and the media to make sure not to support this kind of behaviour in any way. There is a perfect example of how not to behave in Scandinavia at the moment. There was a supporter in a game between Denmark and Sweden that drank 22 beers (allegedly) and ran onto the pitch to punch the ref after a penalty call. The game was cancelled, Denmark lost 3-0 and the next game was played without supporters. The guy has now been fined £200 000 and some of the danish players are actually contemplating paying the fine for him (including the goalie Sörensen) HOW STUPID IS THAT? What message does it send out to the bad elements?

6. The Transfer window is upon us once again, what players do you think Everton should sign working within the tight budget that Moyes has? and who would you like to see shown the door and why? - Bily and Saha should go, just to raise some money. Tim Cahill should go so that we can remember him fondly and get some cash. Im actually for a sale of Rodwell aswell if it raises near 30 mil. I dont think any player is worth that much money and there are alternatives. Im hoping that Drenthe signs a contract. Wouldnt mind loaning Guidetti either but he is already out on a loan. Im a fan of Defoe and Pavluchenko aswell and we need a goal scorer badly.

7. What are you feelings and thoughts about Aston Villa and its Fans? - With all respect, I dont really think about Villa. I have a really good mate whos a die hard City fan so he hates your guts. He met Olof Mellberg at the airport once and thanked him for the throw in. Olof did not seem amused.

8. What you you think of the uproar that the appointment of Alex McLeish as Aston Villa Manager and how do you think he has done thus far considering all the goings on at the Club over the last 18 months? - Again, sorry, no opinion, my mate has an opinion. Its not printable.

9. If you could take one Player from Aston Villa and sign him for Everton who would it be and why? - Id take N'Zogbia. Really wanted Everton to sign him last year. Or Agbonlahor simply because we need a striker

10.Which Teams will finish in the top four and bottom 3 of the Premier League this season? - Top 4 - Man City, Man Utd, Tottenham and Chelsea. Bottom 3? I dont know, hope Everton wont.

11. Who will finsih higher this season? Everton or Aston Villa? - The way things are looking right now? Villa. Im not in a happy place at the moment due to the game at Spurs

12. And finally Match Predictions? - 0-0, the ref blows the whistle after 30 minutes and cancelles the game due to it not being worth playing. The game is then decided on a coin toss down the local pub. Entertainment value is higher there. Who wins the coin toss? No-one as a freak coin landing on its edge leaves the punters baffled and they all go for a curry instead.

My mother and father are Evertonians so I guess I just got into it through them. My first game was when we was playing at Goodison and beat Wimbledon 4-0, Nick Barmby scored a hat-trick that day, so in my eyes he was a legend until he moved across the park! Being little I was always interested in Manchester United because they were winning everything but I've always had a passion for the Toffee's - been supporting my whole life (18 years).

That was vs West Ham wasn't it - I was returning home after a ski trip when I was at school on that day and managed to catch the highlights before we left for home!

Lawro's Prediction for Aston Villa v Everton

Both these clubs are very much mid-table material in the Premier League and look like staying there - they seem to be drifting in no-man's land at the moment.

Villa have signed Robbie Keane on loan from Los Angeles Galaxy, which will give them another option up front, but they have definitely become a selling club.

On that note, there have been plenty of rumours that Darren Bent will be leaving Villa this month but I cannot see where he is going to go, especially if you think that they paid Sunderland more than £18m for him this time last year and will probably want their money back.

Everton are treading water too, and they are really fortunate that they have such a top manager in David Moyes. If he wakes up one morning and decides he is sick of banging his head against a brick wall every day, they are in big trouble.

I saw Moyes being interviewed after Wednesday's defeat by Tottenham and felt his frustration. I got the feeling he is wondering where he goes from here.

I am a big fan of his and he has done an outstanding job but every time people talk about Everton, it is all about how they cannot compete financially.

Bringing in Darron Gibson from Manchester United for £2m would be a decent buy at that price, because they need to replace Mikel Arteta, but all Moyes can do at the moment is shop around for bargains like that.

As for the game, it will be tight. Moyes will gee his players up after the Spurs match, while with Villa you are never quite sure what you are going to get. They were poor in their last home league game against Swansea but comfortable in their FA Cup win over Bristol Rovers.

Because they have home advantage I think they might just sneak this one, although I think Everton might end up a couple of places above Villa come May, if only because I think that even on a bad day they remain very competitive.

Prediction: Aston Villa 2-1 Everton

Here are all 210 of Lawro's Premier League predictions for the 2011-12 season, together with how the League Table would look like if he was correct...

Lawro's 2011-12 Predictions

Both my dad and grandad support Everton, took me to my first game. Supported them for 16 years (I'm 23)

Probably more of the same, we'll continue to fall behind the so-called big boys unless we get serious investment. How far behind we fall depends on the investment in the teams around us

Cannot argue with what he has done for the club, but I feel he's gone abit stale tactics wise and shows too much loyalty to players who have performed well for him in the past but simply aren't good enough any more. Some of his substitutions leave alot to be desired. He's allowed the squad to become inbalanced over the years which has led to our distinct lack of a creative player and a decent striker. Time to move on for me.

Wouldn't agree with it. Wouldn't want to sell our soul and risk bankruptting the club in the future. Rather sit tight and wait for a better business proposition. Id rather have a chairman like Arsenals than have Citys or a Chelseas.

I think one high profile incident has sparked it all, kind of like waiting for a bus, you don't hear of one for a while then a few happen at once. The fact Liverpool supported Suarez and then didn't appeal was a joke.

We've signed Darron Gibson today, I'm sceptical as to wether he's actually better than what we've got. We desperately need some creativity and a goalscorer. We've got an ageing squad so I'd listen to offers for a few players. I'd also consider offers for Baines/ Jags/ Felliani and Rodwell if we could get big money, but only if that money was reinvested in the squad. Saha has to go, doesn't look interested.

I've watched a couple of Villa games this season and they have looked abysmal. Almost as bad to watch as they where in the John Gregory era

Made a massive mistake appointing him, I think it won't take alot for the fans to turn on him due to his Birmingham connections. N'Zogbia so far looks like a poor buy. Underperforming given the players you've got. Some of the performances under McLeish have left alot to be desired - ie Arsenal, Liverpool and Swansea

Darren Bent, scored goals wherever he's been. Just what we need. If N'Zogbia played to anything like his best I'd take him too.

Top - City, United, Spurs and Chelsea

Bottom - Bolton, Wigan, Wolves (Keep an eye on QPR under Hughes and I think Fulham could struggle )

Everton, simply becasue Villa have more tougher away days

0-0, 1-1 or 1-0 either way. Bonus points for suggesting it will be the worst game of the season?