IGNORED

Villa (Away)

Romey 1878

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't think moyes would stick coleman there tbh

He did against Tamworth, like he was seeing if he could play there.

Doesn't seem to matter anyway after what markduffy posted. And I'm glad. I'm all for playing youngsters in their natural positions over and experienced player playing in an unfamiliar position as you all know.

Loan signing Robbie Keane is in contention for his Aston Villa debut.

Shay Given is also available following a seven-match lay-off with a hamstring injury, but Emile Heskey, Carlos Cuellar and Chris Herd are out.

Everton could give a debut to new signing Darron Gibson, while defender Shane Duffy will make his first league start if Sylvain Distin isn't fit.

Manager David Moyes has hinted that some of his injured players may return for this game.

http://www.sports-network.eu

How about XI today?

I think it would be interesting to see this, but im not sure about whos fit and whos not, so much on injuries lately that im not on a map anymore.

Howard

Seamus-Duffy-Johnny-Baines

Cahill-Felli

Donovan-Gibson-Drenthe

Saha

But i think Moyes will start with this

Howard

Nev-Felli

Donovan-Cahill-Bily

Saha

My predicted line up...

Howard

Neville - Duffy - Hietinga - Baines

Donovan - Felliani - Gibson - Bilyaletdinov

Saha - Anichebe

I'd be tempted to swap Bily for Drenthe and give Stracula and/ or Vellios a go up top. Can't possibly do any worse than Saha and Anichebe.

My predicted line up...

Howard

Donovan - Felliani - Gibson - Bilyaletdinov

Saha - Anichebe

I'd be tempted to swap Bily for Drenthe and give Stracula and/ or Vellios a go up top. Can't possibly do any worse than Saha and Anichebe.

I'd be tempted to swap Bily for a used teabag. But I'm hoping Ossie might be fit.

Up front is just too hard to call....apart from maybe playing Hahnemann in goal and putting Tim up?

Howard

Donovan - Felliani - Gibson - Drenthe/Bily (Royston will start if fit enough)

Saha - Denis

------------------------------

Saha needs a run out of a few games to find his feet. However, at the end of the season chances are he will be leaving because his ability has certainly declined in the past year or so, I mean, the bloke cant get a blooming shot on target!

I'm excited for this game because I want to see how Duffy does in CB. There has been a lot of hype about him in the past and Moyes is very very good teaching defenders how to do their job properly, he can make an average CB into a class one (distin is playing better than ever and look at his age!).

How about XI today?

I think it would be interesting to see this, but im not sure about whos fit and whos not, so much on injuries lately that im not on a map anymore.

Howard

Cahill-Felli

Donovan-Gibson-Drenthe

Saha

I cant see it happening mate, look how weak our right side is in defence, its way too risky. Also, I dont think Cahill is effective at all in CM, although he dosnt seem to be effective at all lately. If your going with 3 playing behind the striker then I'd put Anichebe or Denis up top, someone with real strength to hold up the ball.

I cant see it happening mate, look how weak our right side is in defence, its way too risky. Also, I dont think Cahill is effective at all in CM, although he dosnt seem to be effective at all lately. If your going with 3 playing behind the striker then I'd put Anichebe or Denis up top, someone with real strength to hold up the ball.

I dont also think that Moyes will ever pick that team, but i wanted to see that. Cahill at CM is better than Nev anyway. Hes working hard and passing better, althought when Nev were still knowing how to tackle he was way better than Tim on that. I think also that Denis would do job better at lone man than Saha, but i hope with those 3 upper mids we could create him chances to put ball in the net.

Teams...

Howard, Neville, Heitinga, Duffy, Baines, Donovan, Fellaini, Gibson, Drenthe, Cahill, Saha.

Given, Hutton, Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Clark, Petrov, Albrighton, Ireland, Agbonlahor, Bent.

Well that looks my XI then, Seamus aint fit_? and Nev is at RB.

EDIT: So, you know who to blame today if we cant win.

EDIT2: But Gibson is lower with Felli and Timmy at AM?

Edited by LexKing

I dont also think that Moyes will ever pick that team, but i wanted to see that. Cahill at CM is better than Nev anyway. Hes working hard and passing better, althought when Nev were still knowing how to tackle he was way better than Tim on that. I think also that Denis would do job better at lone man than Saha, but i hope with those 3 upper mids we could create him chances to put ball in the net.

Nev is terrible in CM haha. And I like the look of Denis I think hes going to be a half decent striker (providing that we sign him).

Nev is terrible in CM haha. And I like the look of Denis I think hes going to be a half decent striker (providing that we sign him).

Denis looks like an Argentinian Bret Angel,he has got the turning circle of the Ark Royal , his second touch is always a tackle and his speed is deceptively slow

No way we should sign him

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

Everton No. Name Position 24 Tim Howard Goal Keeper 18 Phil Neville Defender 5 Johnny Heitinga Defender 34 Shane Duffy Defender 3 Leighton Baines Defender 9 Landon Donovan Striker 4 Darron Gibson Midfielder 25 Marouane Fellaini Midfielder 10 Royston Drenthe Midfielder 17 Tim Cahill Midfielder 8 Louis Saha Striker Substitutes 1 Jan Mucha Goal Keeper 28 Victor Anichebe Striker 7 Diniyar Bilyaletdinov Midfielder 11 Denis Stracqualursi Striker 14 James McFadden Striker 19 Magaye Gueye Striker 27 Apostolos Vellios Striker

Aston Villa No. Name Position 1 Shay Given Goal Keeper 2 Alan Hutton Defender 5 Richard Dunne Defender 6 James Collins Defender 3 Stephen Warnock Defender 21 Ciaran Clark Defender 19 Stiliyan Petrov Midfielder 12 Marc Albrighton Midfielder 7 Stephen Ireland Midfielder 11 Gabriel Agbonlahor Striker 9 Darren Bent Striker Substitutes 22 Bradley Guzan Goal Keeper 10 Charles N'Zogbia Midfielder 16 Fabian Delph Midfielder 20 Robbie Keane Striker 24 Carlos Cuellar Defender 25 Barry Bannan Midfielder 38 Gary Gardner Midfielder