IGNORED

Wigan (Away - 04/02)

MrX

No, Marco's got it right. I meant in relation to the players we could use. I didn't make that clear, sorry!

I'd like to see (when Donovan's gone)...

1st choice xi:

...............Howard...............

Hibbo..Heit...Distin...Baines

Drenthe..Rod..Felli..Pienaar

......Anichebe...Jelavic.........

Back-up xi:

...............Mucha...............

Coleman..Jags...Duffy...Nev

.........Gibson...Cahill...........

.................Barkley..............

Baxter.......................Gueye

.............Straq/Velios............

Obviously there's 2 different systems there and we have a few injuries at the mo. Watching Newcastle this season shows that 4-4-2 isn't dead, it's worked for them even with Best and Ameobi up top at times! I would actually like to see Anichebe given a run, up-top and as part of a front 2. I just think he's beefed up (muscle) so much he could really bully defenders and put the shits up them. I too would like Barkley get game time and think he should get it in the hole that Cahill usually fills. Like said before I'd like Cahill to play as more of a DMC, breaking up play and putting himself about (as back-up though). Nev is probably our back-up for Baines and Hibbert - couldn't see Coleman and Drenthe working on the same flank!

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reports on the BU facebook page are saying there was nearly a mad crush at half time and some guy passed out and lost his kid, and that there were no stewards around and one policeman and that all the efc fans were being pushed together by the toilets and food kiosk, which had 10 staff and only 2 were serving and a massive build up ensued and it was evertonians themselves who sorted it out.

BU want people to tell details so they can make a complaint against Wigan and the Police

There were plenty of police/stewards around but they were making the problem worse

I nipped down 5 mins before half time and you couldnt move then, so when the half time whistle did go it was absolute mayhem

I was trying to get back up to my seat but the bell ends were refusing to let anyone back out and so a few fifgts broke out with the stewards.They came up with some daft excuse that the concourse wasnt designed to take so many people at one time

There were plenty of police/stewards around but they were making the problem worse

I nipped down 5 mins before half time and you couldnt move then, so when the half time whistle did go it was absolute mayhem

I was trying to get back up to my seat but the bell ends were refusing to let anyone back out and so a few fifgts broke out with the stewards.They came up with some daft excuse that the concourse wasnt designed to take so many people at one time

seen a few people saying similar things, and that they felt the treatment from stewards/police was very poor and that our fans were being huddled together a bit to much also saw someone else (utd fan i think) saying they had trouble when they last went there with the stewards at half time

I'd like to see (when Donovan's gone)...

1st choice xi:

...............Howard...............

Hibbo..Heit...Distin...Baines

Drenthe..Rod..Felli..Pienaar

......Anichebe...Jelavic.........

Back-up xi:

...............Mucha...............

Coleman..Jags...Duffy...Nev

.........Gibson...Cahill...........

.................Barkley..............

Baxter.......................Gueye

.............Straq/Velios............

Obviously there's 2 different systems there and we have a few injuries at the mo. Watching Newcastle this season shows that 4-4-2 isn't dead, it's worked for them even with Best and Ameobi up top at times! I would actually like to see Anichebe given a run, up-top and as part of a front 2. I just think he's beefed up (muscle) so much he could really bully defenders and put the shits up them. I too would like Barkley get game time and think he should get it in the hole that Cahill usually fills. Like said before I'd like Cahill to play as more of a DMC, breaking up play and putting himself about (as back-up though). Nev is probably our back-up for Baines and Hibbert - couldn't see Coleman and Drenthe working on the same flank!

What about Osman? he's back from injury this month

seen a few people saying similar things, and that they felt the treatment from stewards/police was very poor and that our fans were being huddled together a bit to much also saw someone else (utd fan i think) saying they had trouble when they last went there with the stewards at half time

Just a couple of quick thoughts/ comments on that situation. Even if the concourse, toilet area is not sufficient what really gets me is the selfish smokers who gather in the toilets and stay there all through half time denying people the chance to get to the toilets and causing crowd congestion. Maybe not all the fault of stewards/ police etc but definately at away games quite self instigated. Also all toilets have an entrance and an exit and I saw an argument brewing with lads trying to get into the toilets through the exit, when the stewards and a couple of Evertonians pointed this out and asked them to use the entrance for safety an argument and fight started, ridiculous.

Reports on the BU facebook page are saying there was nearly a mad crush at half time and some guy passed out and lost his kid, and that there were no stewards around and one policeman and that all the efc fans were being pushed together by the toilets and food kiosk, which had 10 staff and only 2 were serving and a massive build up ensued and it was evertonians themselves who sorted it out.

BU want people to tell details so they can make a complaint against Wigan and the Police

I was there and it was a joke, you could barely move.

I was there and it was a joke, you could barely move.

I went the next day to see the Wigan Warriors and Huddersfield Giants game and when I went down at half time there were no stewards and once again there was too many people jammed together trying to get around. I went for a piss and it took me about half an hour to get to the toilet, I'm not a fan of the DW Stadium because I think that the people that run it (Dave Whelan etc...) are bloody idiots, it's just a shame that I have to go every week to see my favourite team. Let's hope that its sorted out.

I never though I'd say this though but one this topic I'm with the Blue Union.

It certainly sounds it, the BU seem for once to want to persue it through the correct channels, i actually hope they do some good with it for a change.

Pris, Out of interest what is it that annoys you about the B.U? are you judging them on the odd idiot?

Their overall aim in my opinion is ok in my eyes. Sure, they are going to attract the element of "I'm just not happy so let's join this movement" - but the guys who front it are educated and capable.

Let's be honest the way the club has been run, something had to give... we are unlikely to be able to get a bunch of public schoolboys with daddies contacts in the press, parliament and so forth to front a campaign - it was always going to be a bunch of honest working class guys who will use whatever means they have to highlight the 'element' within the club.

Too many fans are happy to show anger at Moyes tactics (myself included) - however we have no chance of applying any pressure to his incompetency whilst he may think he's "doing the best he can for a club that is lucky to be where it is based on the finances he has worked with" - the day the bar is raised due to higher expectations from a board who have supplied him with ample funds can not come quick enough for me... that will never be this board, so the sooner they are out the better...