IGNORED

Wigan (Away - 04/02)

MrX

Reports on the BU facebook page are saying there was nearly a mad crush at half time and some guy passed out and lost his kid, and that there were no stewards around and one policeman and that all the efc fans were being pushed together by the toilets and food kiosk, which had 10 staff and only 2 were serving and a massive build up ensued and it was evertonians themselves who sorted it out.

BU want people to tell details so they can make a complaint against Wigan and the Police

Edited by theprisoner

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reports on the BU facebook page are saying there was nearly a mad crush at half time and some guy passed out and lost his kid, and that there were no stewards around and one policeman and that all the efc fans were being pushed together by the toilets and food kiosk, which had 10 staff and only 2 were serving and a massive build up ensued and it was evertonians themselves who sorted it out.

BU want people to tell details so they can make a complaint against Wigan and the Police

Please tell me you mean he couldnt find him?

Sounds Shocking...

I wouldn't say fickle, how many internationals does brendan rogers manage? - none. Yet he has them playing fluent, attractive, effective football.

Brendan Rodgers manages many internationals, not as many as Moyes but still internationals and yes he's playing great football at the moment (mainly at home). At the same time though they looked as poor as any team I've seen at Goodison this season.

Blackpool played some great stuff like Swansea, but ultimately got found out. What becomes of Rodgers if Swansea go on a lean streak? Will he still be touted our saviour for his half season of good football in the PL? Holloway is long forgotten, Coyle is barely mentioned, Moyes is no longer our saviour - football fans are fickle (and I'm not excluding myself from that generalisation.)

the reason i put brendan rodgers name forward was someone said we would need a new manager.

so having listened to him on match of the day when he said they had a meeting before the game yesterday and decided from now on they are going to go for it,ie attack try to win the rest of the games,i think thats quite refreshing from a manager.

I agree and hope it works for them. What I'm saying though is if it doesn't work for them and say they free fall now until the end of the season, we won't be talking about how well he had done on here!

Brendan Rodgers manages many internationals, not as many as Moyes but still internationals and yes he's playing great football at the moment (mainly at home). At the same time though they looked as poor as any team I've seen at Goodison this season.

Blackpool played some great stuff like Swansea, but ultimately got found out. What becomes of Rodgers if Swansea go on a lean streak? Will he still be touted our saviour for his half season of good football in the PL? Holloway is long forgotten, Coyle is barely mentioned, Moyes is no longer our saviour - football fans are fickle (and I'm not excluding myself from that generalisation.)

I think there is a massive difference between everton and Swansea in terms of quality available, however because of the tactics and coaching of their manager that gulf is not apparent. That's is a damning criticism of moyes, bang for buck Rodgers delivers far more. I honestly could not name one of their internationals, you'll have to help me out.

The day we compare ourselves in terms in quality to a team like Swansea is the day that we need to look at what is going on... They play better football, have a structure, a plan, play with pace and go it on a shoe string compared to us. They would have bettered Wigan yesterday, and will probably finish above us in the league.

Edited by Hafnia

I think there is a massive difference between everton and Swansea in terms of quality available, however because of the tactics and coaching of their manager that gulf is not apparent. That's is a damning criticism of moyes, bang for buck Rodgers delivers far more. I honestly could not name one of their internationals, you'll have to help me out.

The day we compare ourselves in terms in quality to a team like Swansea is the day that we need to look at what is going on... They play better football, have a structure, a plan, play with pace and go it on a shoe string compared to us. They would have bettered Wigan yesterday, and will probably finish above us in the league.

Spot on. Oh And they have Williams at the back who is a regular for Wales, but other than that im struggling, i think Vorm is 2nd/3rd choice for the Netherlands though.

I honestly could not name one of their internationals, you'll have to help me out.

Off the top of my head, Allen, Williams, Taylor - Wales, Sig(whatever his name is)arson - Iceland, Caulker/Sinclair/McCechran - Eng u21. I'd imagine Vorm (and Krul of NUFC) will be in a Dutch squad very soon too.

Yeah we've got a lot more but we're an established PL club. When Swansea are established in the PL like Stoke then we can talk about how great Rodgers is. Don't get me wrong, I like him but he hasn't really proved anything yet - remember they're still on a high after coming up, didn't Wigan finish 8th in their 1st season? Moral at EFC this season must be so low with all the outs over the summer, it seems to be on the up now. I have been very frustrated by some of Moyes decisions this season but he has had his hands tied for the last 3 years, he had built something (to a point) and hasn't been able to push on. I would like to see some of the players not playing, playing and a more positive approach at times but that's what we don't know so who's to say it would work? I for one still think Moyes is the right man for the job - in the current climate anyway.

Coyle and Holloway had their teams play attacking football, as does Lambert. But imo Rodgers has his teams playing good football. There's a difference there. And that's down to his philosophy.

Watford/Reading?

He's Jose's 'student' as Jose was 'Sir Bobby's'. I think he will be a very good manager (good pedigree) and admire how his team are playing currently, but it's early to be getting too carried away about him.

Edited by c1982

I was at the game, my thoughts on performances:

Howard - Didn't really have much to do, crucial save in the first half from Di Santo but has to take a share of the blame for their goal

Hibbert - Really struggled, Bousejaur gave him the run around and it was no surprise to see him replaced

Baines - Set up the eqalliser but didn't really do anything else of note

Heitinga - Had a decent game. Wasn't a stand out performance but he barely put a foot wrong.

Distin - Got himself in a muddle to allow Di Santo a 1 on 1, a couple of mistakes thereafter

Donovan - Anonymous. Came to life a bit late on but still a below par performance

Pienaar - By far our best player, everything that was good about our performance came through him.

Gibson - Anonymous. Passenger. Lazy. Brings nothing to the table. Attitude problem. A couple of signs of petulence when he didnt recieve the ball.

Felliani - After good performances v Fulham and Man City, was really poor today. Struggled in possesion and was even worse when pushed forward

Cahill - Started of quiet brightly but quickily faded. Looked a yard off the pace thereafter. I fear that his past injuries have caught up with him and his legs have gone.

Stracula - Not his best performance despite being under pressure to perform with the arrival of Jelavic. He lacked his high work rate and looked jaded.

Moyes - Surprised he brought Distin straight back after the defensive performance against City, was expecting the same XI to start. Continues to show loyalty to players who have perfomed well in the past but simply aren't up to it anymore, ie Cahill. Shocking choice to bring Neville on for Cahill at half-time considering the other options he had available. The fact that we only went 4-4-2 with 10 minutes left and 1-0 down against bottom of the league is pretty soul destrying.

Overall - A really sub-par performance and we still haven't scored more than 1 goal in a league game since beating Bolton in November. In recent weeks we've played Bolton, Blackburn and Wigan, picked up 2 points and scored 3 goals. One positive tho was Jelavic, looked lively and got himself into some good positions but his teammates failed to find him. Hopefully after some time in tarining and some game time they will learn what he's about and he can become a decent player

c1982 - You say we don't know if a change would work. Well we know how the team is currently set up doesn't work so would it not make sense to perhaps try something different? You can't know unless you try.

Yes but who?

My first point was why would Rodgers come to us?

One comment that interested me that Moyes made before the game was about Straqs work rate affecting the rest of the team against Man City and that's why we played better. I presumed it was Moyes finally getting some spirit into the team but clearly not.

We effectively played the same way against City as we did against Wigan from a tactical perspective and the only difference was that we fought for the ball against City. Sitting deep and trying to contain City is the right thing to do (provided you press well, get stuck in and counter attack) but its completely the wrong thing to do against wigan. In fact its the complete opposite of how you should play against Wigan so what he and his scouts do all week I have no idea. I have never seen a team so under prepared so constantly. Remember the crossing game we played at Stoke? Some managers rely more on spirit than tactics but we have neither.

So now if we do get rid of Moyes who do we get to come in? I still think Coyle is a good manager, but he is similar to Moyes. Same set up, same style of play and more reliant on passion than structure. Anybody who actually thought Holloway could do a job needed their head testing, although at least he had a go and almost kept a very poor Blackpool side up. Rogers is doing well and plays good football, but I haven't seen enough of his teams tbh. I like Lambert a lot tbh, good man management, team plays good football and he shows a fair amount of tactical nous from what I have seen.

I think Moyes has had his time now. He has had opportunites to change things around now and re-invent the side and he hasn't done so. Maybe the new signings will change that but I won't be getting my hopes up.

i'm with the opinion of people who say we need new backroom staff..someone to advise on the attacking part of our game cos it clearly isn't moyes or round's strong point

I share that opinion to some degree. Sir Alex has changed his assistant regularly in his time - new ideas - they've not done too shoddy!!! I'd like Wilkins or someone from the continent e.g queirez at man.utd.