IGNORED

Wigan (Away - 04/02)

MrX

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm an Everton fan (obviously) and what to go to Wigan away at the begining of next month, I have 1 away match stub (Sunderland away) and about 64 credit points. I know we usually take a good crowd to Wigan, in previous seasons have tickets gone on general sale or have they sold out before they go on general sale?

• 2 weeks later...

well after the great win and two signings i reckon we wont lose a game again this seasonunsure.png lol id go for duffy centre half, hibbo full back and 0-2 win the count with a brace

O-o Count Straquala?

Less confident of beating Wigan than City, should have had the game won in the 1st half last season then were very lucky to hold on to a point. Head says score draw, heart says we've finally turned the corner 0-3

Jelavic to start? Who to make way?

He will probably put Stracq back on the bench and start Jelly in his place. Personally I would like him to put TC on the bench (even though he has been playing better of late) and put Stracq in his place so we can have Jelly up top with Stracq just behind him winning every high ball that Neville hoofs into the Wigan half.

My prediction: Everton 3 Latics 0.

I'm quite happy for Denis to keep his place and bulldoze through their dogshit defence.

Haha such a way with words you've been around Marco for too long mate :)

Let's face it they are shite and by right's We should be giving them a good drubbing.

0 - 3 Denis x 2 and Jelly for a debut goal

Straq has to start for me and I would be gutted for him if he didnt keep his place. He has been the epitomy of everything good about our last two performances.

I would have the same team as teh Man City game, but drop Neville for Duffy and get Pienaar in there for one of Donovan/Drenthe (providing peanuts is match fit!).

Very confident of a win as if we pressurize them enough in their own half then they will practically hand us the goals on a plate. 3-0 for me. Straq, Cahill & Jelavic from the subs bench.

Guest blueboy122

Tried to buy a ticket in the away end 2 weeks ago, all sold out so I resigned myself to having to sit in the Wigan end. Anyway rang up and asked if I could purchase two tickets they said they dont sell any tickets to anyone who hasnt bought tickets off them before. For example if I had recently moved to the wigan area and wanted to go and support my local team I wouldnt be able to due to there policy of not selling tickets to anyone who hasnt previously bought them. No wonder the stadium is always empty! Shocking

Mark Lawrenson's Prediction for Wigan Athletic v Everton

Wigan's prospects look bleak - they are bottom of the Premier League with 15 points from 23 games.

Just say they are aiming for the magical 40 point mark and they need at least eight wins, which is more than half their games, to reach it.

I know all that has been missing for them when they have stayed up for the last couple of years has been Steve McQueen and the music from The Great Escape but, I just cannot see them staying up this time.

I like Wigan, and their manager Roberto Martinez, because they are a friendly well-run club but I just feel it is their year to face the drop.

Their problem is that if you get a goal against them, they help you get more - it is rare they stay in games after going behind.

They have averaged less than one goal a game all season, don't look like scoring enough to win games, and they always give you chances. That is not a great combination, to put it mildly.

The Latics have been in the relegation zone since October and have never looked like getting out of it. Some of their individual players are good enough but, collectively, they don't get it together often enough.

Everton were like the Everton of old in their win against Manchester City on Tuesday, and they look in much better shape than they did at the start of the month.

At that point, it almost seemed as if Toffees boss David Moyes was back to where he started when he took over 10 years ago, but a lot has changed since then. Moyes has signed Landon Donovan, Darron Gibson, Steven Pienaar and Nikica Jelavic.

Against City, they were missing a few players but they didn't half scrap and that was the key for them - some of the City players did not like being tackled!

This game presents a different problem, though, because, unlike on Tuesday, they will be expected to win it. Replicating the level they reached against City will be difficult, which is why I am only going to tip them to get a point at the DW Stadium.

Prediction: Wigan Athletic 1-1 Everton

Here are all of Lawro's 240 invidudal Premier League predictions, together with how the League Table would look like if he was correct...

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Mark_Lawrensons_Predictions_2011-12.html

Tried to buy a ticket in the away end 2 weeks ago, all sold out so I resigned myself to having to sit in the Wigan end. Anyway rang up and asked if I could purchase two tickets they said they dont sell any tickets to anyone who hasnt bought tickets off them before. For example if I had recently moved to the wigan area and wanted to go and support my local team I wouldnt be able to due to there policy of not selling tickets to anyone who hasnt previously bought them. No wonder the stadium is always empty! Shocking

What!? That's luda', how do they expect to ever get new fans?