IGNORED

Wigan (Away - 04/02)

MrX

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why on Earth can't we play some of our bloody flair players? If there's any opposition that you can afford to take some risks against, its Wigan, they are atrocious.

Neville shouldn't have set foot on that pitch today, and playing Fellaini in the hole, rather than going two up front or playing Drenthe, Donovan and Pienaar as the three behind the striker, is criminal. We should have pushed Felli and Gibson forward and either put Jelavic and Stracq up front, or brought Drenthe into the attacking midfield three when Cahill came off.

Horrified at todays tactics and some of the individual performances, don't care how great he is in the dressing room, but Neville should not be anywhere near the first team ever again, Fellaini was shit after he got moved up front. he can't play there, he has'nt got the vision or passing for it and it resulted in standard Distin/Heitinga/Hibbert/Neville hoofball hoping Felli would knock it down or on, completely pointless, Donovan again looked a bit lost in periods of the game, and im yet to be convinced by Gibson, i think the fact alone that Anichebe rescued the game for us say's it all.

Im really not sure what the answer is, Moyes is far too negative, even if it is Kenwright someone needs to grab hold of him and say, listen David this is not acceptable at the moment, i really don't know, but it can't go on.

What a load of fucking shite that was.

We started well and looked like we were going to build on the Man City game but after the first 15mins we droped the tempo, we pressed less, we sat back and we started hoofing it forward aimlessly and that continued until the end.

Moyes should right fully be coping a lot of stick. Distin didnt look with it at all in the first half, he got better int he second but he lost runners, he scewed simple clearances and he was the biggest culprit of the aimless hoofs. He is better than that and probably needs a bit more time to get his sharpness back. Moyes got the Hibbert decision right on Tuesday, but he got it wrong today.

Heitinga again was the best defender on the park, although Baines was decent overall as well. Hibbert looked less confident at RB than CB for me, and I think if Wigan had targetted him with the ace of Bousajouer a little more then we would have been in trouble.

Felli was solid until he was moved to play off the striker, at which point he became shite.

Gibson was a passenger. Didnt offer anything, but didnt do anything particularly wrong.

Donovon was anonymous.

Pienaar was the best of our lot today. Started really well but seemed to tire towards the end. Should have been subbed if we hadnt already wasted them.

Cahill & Straq started alright but took the foot of the gas. They should have been hounding the Wigan defenders but let them play way too much. The service they received was nothing short of shite at times.

Neville was an awful substition. He had plenty of options on the bench but he made the most defensive one possible IMO. That screwed us up big time. We closed down less, our passing was worse, we dropped deeper still and we lost the ability to change thigns round properly if we conceeded. Piss poor.

Jelavic didnt show me anything tbh. I was disapointed with his touch tbh but he did look lively.

Vic did well to get the space for the header but did absolutely nothing for the rest of the time.

Last and least, Howard was really poor. Didnt have much to do all game, and bar one decent save, his communication with his CB's was shite, he was flapping and lost concentration for their goal.

Overall that ranks up there with one of the most disappinting days of my Everton supporting life. All the optimism, belief Tuesdays performance gave me has now turned back into the despair that came before it. This should have been 3 points in the bag, and while I could understand Wigan getting something if they got a little lucky or they played really well, the sad thing is they were shite and we were just as bad.

I really do wonder what Barkley will have to do to play again. Osman and Rodwell are out injured and he still isn't even on the bench. Neville was our only midfield player on the bench, while we had two wingers on there. And Moyes probably didn't even intend to bring either of those on. And this was against one of the worst teams in the league.

Moyes:"Our efforts in midweek told on us today"

pathetic excuse..if they aren't fit enough to play 2 times in 4 days they shouldn't be in a prem squad..we had other options beside that point anyways...wish he'd just say we were shite..i was too negative..i'm a moronic defence obsessed phil neville fucking shaft lad

It's one step forward and two steps back with Moyes, it really is. He got his tactics pretty much spot on against City and then he goes and serves up that Sunday League shite today. He's his own worst enemy. Wigan are a terrible side and we should have layed right into them today, but Moyes only knows one way and that's defensive. And Neville coming on for Cahill exemplified that perfectly. It was totally unneccesary and Neville contributed the square root of fuck all. Again. If Moyes knew how to attack then that substitution would never have been in his mind. He could have brought Jelavic on and really gone after the shite Wigan defence. Or he could have brought Drenthe on and played him in the hole or even put him on the wing and had Pienaar in the hole instead. He had much better options rather than that negative move.

Oh and how crap did our defence look with Distin back in it? Our best defender my arse. The man causes panic and I've said it all along, it's no knee-jerk reaction based on just today's game. We always look likely to concede when he plays and my heart is often in my mouth when the ball goes near him. I really hope we don't extend his contract.

Howard - Needs shooting after letting that goal in. And then not long after he flaps at an easy ball as well.

Hibbert - Didn't contribute offensively and was troubled constantly by their wide man.

Heitinga - Held our defence together while his partner had a shit time. Won headers, made blocks, was calm when it was possible and cleared it when needed as well.

Distin - A liability back there today. Totally off the pace. Misjudged things, showed no composure on the ball whatsoever, which invited pressure. Was fooled by the Wigan attackers into throwing himself to the ground time after time, leaving a gaping hole in the centre of our defence for Heitinga and Baines to clear up.

Baines - Made one or two crucial interceptions/blocks and put a beautiful cross in for Anichebe's goal.

Donovan - As I feared he really is not having the same impact as last time. Where has his pace gone? Because he looks very slow when he's attacking. I hardly remember him doing a thing today tbh.

Gibson - After a promising debut he's been rubbish and completely anonymous (his goal aside). Today was no different; he was the invisible man.

Fellaini - Until he was pushed further up I thought he was having a solid, neat and tidy game. But after the move he was totally ineffective. Unsurprisingly.

Pienaar - I thought he played really well, especially when you consider his match fitness must be very bad at the moment. He didn't stop running and he is the only player I can remember really making an effort to run forward and get us towards the Wigan box. The rest were content to play tippy tappy shite that took us nowhere.

Cahill - Back to being anonymous.

Straq - Didn't win much aerially and looked fucked. Maybe shouldn't have started after his exertions against City.

I really do wonder what Barkley will have to do to play again. Osman and Rodwell are out injured and he still isn't even on the bench. Neville was our only midfield player on the bench, while we had two wingers on there. And Moyes probably didn't even intend to bring either of those on. And this was against one of the worst teams in the league.

Something has clearly gone on there and i hope we see him again before he leaves in the summer(probably) but the fact that the u21 team recognise him as a player yet his own club don't seem to, something stinks to high heaven about the whole Moyes/Barkley situation.

Something has clearly gone on there and i hope we see him again before he leaves in the summer(probably) but the fact that the u21 team recognise him as a player yet his own club don't seem to, something stinks to high heaven about the whole Moyes/Barkley situation.

Three points:

1. Stop watching the soaps! No drama, he's 18 having missed most of his 16/17th year with a broken leg.

2. Are the England u21 team better than our 1st team?

3. You're not a police detective are you?

Three points:

1. Stop watching the soaps! No drama, he's 18 having missed most of his 16/17th year with a broken leg.

2. Are the England u21 team better than our 1st team?

3. You're not a police detective are you?

No lol but if you can sit there and honestly say that you don't think something weird is going on there, then maybe you should be tongue.png