IGNORED

Wigan (Away - 04/02)

MrX

As usual, we didn't seem to have any game plan. I would really like to know what Moyes does with this team all week, because I can't see any kind of attacking patterns; we have no runners, no movement, hence no one touch football... You don't need players of Barcelona quality to play good football. We don't need to be so negative and play hoofball to get results.

Why can't he just have Fellaini sitting in front of the defense with two more skillful midfielders ahead of him. Fellaini (or Rodwell) just needs to win headers and tackles, stay in position, be available to receive the ball and play short, simple passes. In Heitinga, we have a defender that is easily capable of building up play gradually as well. Pienaar, Osman, Barkley and Gibson could play as left and right midfielders. They need to pass and move, pass and move... That's the only way to create space and time. Drenthe, Gueye, Donovan and Coleman could play as wingers. They should stretch the pitch, apart from an occasional run inside of course. I just don't see any of the basics of football when I watch Everton.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, pushing him up the pitch is a smart choice, why not just flamin leave mr captain on the bench, leave felli where he is best and bring jelly on for Cahill

I missed the start of the second half and it took me a full 5 minutes to accept that he'd actually brought Neville on for Cahill (who was clearly injured).

Moyes wants punching in the face for this.

Yup

Why on Earth can't we play some of our bloody flair players? If there's any opposition that you can afford to take some risks against, its Wigan, they are atrocious.

Neville shouldn't have set foot on that pitch today, and playing Fellaini in the hole, rather than going two up front or playing Drenthe, Donovan and Pienaar as the three behind the striker, is criminal. We should have pushed Felli and Gibson forward and either put Jelavic and Stracq up front, or brought Drenthe into the attacking midfield three when Cahill came off.

Pretty much any sub except Neville in any position probably would have won us the game. Astoundingly bad management.

How embarassing... went to the pub and only managed to watch the first 45 minutes because I was that pissed I didn't see any of the second half. I remember being gob-smacked at Howard doing something silly (I think that was the goal) but that was about it.

I did some betting with my Dad and I purposly didn't back Everton because I know that we would lose against Wigan being the team that we are. (one step forward and two steps back like Romey said). The annoying part is that had Howard not fucked up for us we would have snatched ourselves a 1-0 win which I would have been happy with, it's shocking what he did (even if I can only rememeber part of it).

Still, if Man United win tomorrow I am £132 richer! (Arsenal, Norwich, Sunderland and Man City all won).

Regarding the howard flap... anyone else think that at the last second he thought he couldn't pickup the ball, thinking the deflection was a backpass? that was my first impression when he went for it then seemed to let it go... I guess he most likely just deceived by the googly...

Foresight. Moyes has none.

Moyes was teetering on the edge for me even after the city game - he's far too big for his boots. Been at this club way too long. In my opinion it comes across that he feels he is able to expose the house that he built to a bit of extreme weather conditions. He is arrogant beyond believe to think we should accept that against lowly opposition.

Do I seriously need to start hating Neville? I shouldn't do, but moyes is making it very difficult not to. He isn't good enough for the championship!!! What does he bring to the team, please tell me!?

We had an ideal opportunity to set up a real attacking team yesterday, as I feared Cahill and Neville were involved. If no one can accept that Cahill is finished then please look away for the following months, it will be painful for you. It happens to the best of them - he will always be admired however question marks will remain over his insistence to travel round the world for pointless games. Still, it's got him to be number 1 Aussie sports icon.

Really really tired of everton at the moment, love the club, I really do - but this is all just draining. New starts all round please.

Bringing Neville on for Cahill was a horrible decision - it should have been Jelavic or Anichebe/Drenthe at least. Neville should only be in contention with Hibbert and maybe to come on late in tight games when we need organising to see the game out.

Cahill however is far from finished in my eyes - maybe as a 'forward' his best days are behind him... he needs reinventing now because of this. Cahill should be a deeper midfielder now - we'd still benefit from his threat at set pieces. He's still got fight in him I just think it needs to be deeper rather than when we plump for Neville or Johnny in that role. I think we'll see Rodwell playing off Jelavic when fit.

Bringing Neville on for Cahill was a horrible decision - it should have been Jelavic or Anichebe/Drenthe at least. Neville should only be in contention with Hibbert and maybe to come on late in tight games when we need organising to see the game out.

Cahill however is far from finished in my eyes - maybe as a 'forward' his best days are behind him... he needs reinventing now because of this. Cahill should be a deeper midfielder now - we'd still benefit from his threat at set pieces. He's still got fight in him I just think it needs to be deeper rather than when we plump for Neville or Johnny in that role. I think we'll see Rodwell playing off Jelavic when fit.

Cahill isn't a midfielder either though c, he can't tackle, poor first touch and his distribution is poor.

We had to be a 4-5-1 team to accommodate him at his best - he's past that now. Unfortunately he isnt good enough for the prem anymore. Maybe a lower team but nope, done I'm afraid.

That's all well and good, and you could be right in what you're saying, but can you honestly see Moyes making this change? Because I can't. Change isn't in his vocabularly.

brendan rodgers ?

Why would he come here? In our current situation e.g not competitive in the transfer market unless we sell, I think we've got the best manager we could wish for. If we were taken over, hence money available, Moyes would then have to prove himself in that situation. If he didn't then a manager like Rodgers/Lambert would be appealing (obviously Mourinho if we ever had billions!!! *wakes-up*) - thing is when we were doing poor last year people were calling for moyes' head and quoting holloway and coyle as better options - it's a funny old game... and let's be honest football fans are generally fickle!

I wouldn't say fickle, how many internationals does brendan rogers manage? - none. Yet he has them playing fluent, attractive, effective football.

Moyes has internationals galore, and in rodwell and Barkley two of englands best prospects. Some managers out there would love to work with such talent.

Let's stop undervaluing what we have, moyes is under utilising - lets not be kidded.

I said before yesterday's game that we beat a very good team who were very poor and we were very wasteful in possession in doing so. Moyes clearly didn't see that, he went for the same bloody approach against a team that required guile rather than steel - amateur.

I know your not defending him but I wouldnt even want that until moyes or neville goes we will always have this same problem, someone said they heard moyes telling neville to lump it long last game and that hit the nail on the head for me he's like his bum boy. fuckoff neville you would have to go back a good 10 years to find a worse player id rather have van der meyde drinking on the bench than see him play another game.

Edited by Blue4Ever

I know your not defending him but I wouldnt even want that until moyes or neville goes we will always have this same problem, someone said they heard moyes telling neville to lump it long last game and that hit the nail on the head for me he's like his bum boy. fuckoff neville you would have to go back a good 10 years to find a worse player id rather have van der meyde drinking on the bench than see him play another game.HOW ON THIS PLANET DID U PLAY FOR ENGLAND U MANC CUNT.

Yeah it was me, you could hear it on the Sky Sports pitch microphone lol

I know your not defending him but I wouldnt even want that until moyes or neville goes we will always have this same problem, someone said they heard moyes telling neville to lump it long last game and that hit the nail on the head for me he's like his bum boy. fuckoff neville you would have to go back a good 10 years to find a worse player id rather have van der meyde drinking on the bench than see him play another game.HOW ON THIS PLANET DID U PLAY FOR ENGLAND U MANC CUNT.

no need

Listen gents, of course it wasn't a very nice thing to say, but let's not pussy foot around the issue here, the lad was given a 4 year deal last year and in that time he has played some of the worst football I have seen from a supposed captain. He is due to pick up a wage till he's gone 36!!!???

Unfortunately his continued inclusion in the team brings out anger and outbursts as above, I'm not condoning it - but lets just say there are one or two on here who aren't hesitant to use such terms, so let's not get all righteous about it.

As for the whole "great servant" "model professional" nonsense we continually hear, I'm sick of it. He's playing for a premier league team earning a wage, he hasn't dedicated 15 years of his life playing for the red lion, organising fund raising race nights, tote tickets and getting up at 9am to put nets up.... He's a multi millionaire who in may will be tweeting pictures of his 6 pack in Barbados whilst we will be all contemplating a new season of floated no where passes.

Yeah the last bit was wrong. never liked him never will like said above this servant bullshit not havin it, worst technical player ive seen at goodison since I got a season ticket 7 years ago. I just get frustrated that how good a manager moyes in ways in others he does really makes you think with saha playing all them games in the past, other players not getting dropped for poor games and his subs sometimes are just dreadful, some people dont see what drenthe does but for me moyes should know by now we havent got pace apart from donavon and he's going. I dont think people see the big picture with donavan and pienaar (no way we will give harry 5 millon) drenthe by then will probably get offers off other teams and leave. next season we wont have a squad at all the way its going and the youth players shouldnt be on the bench really should they.

I think I'm right in thinking that too many fans have been thinking "what on earth is moyes thinking"

Therefore the abilty to think anything positive diminishes, and it leaves fans thinking "this really isn't good enough, I think Neville is one of his favourites - and contributes nothing to the team"

They then think "sod this, I think I'll vent my spleen on toffeetalk, the place for the thinking evertonian"

on twitter last night neville sayin a lot of abuse flyin around on twitter about everton and he isn't sure why..told him exactly why..got into a discussion with this lad and he has just said now....

"he went with a good attacking 11 Cahill got injured If moyes thinks Neville the best option that's fine by me"

i'm amazed any fan can defend or be happy with this shite