Liverpool (H)...Tim Howard

Manchester City (A)...Sylvain Distin

West Brom (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Wigan (H)...Tony Hibbert

Aston Villa (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Blackburn (A)...Tim Howard

Sheffield United (H)...Ross Barkley

QPR (H)...Ross Barkley

Duffy, purely because from his body language you'd think he'd been playing in the premier league for years....and he didn't do much wrong. Got a good block in and got on the end of a corner. Superstar in the making.

What about the rabbit in the headlights moment at the half way line? huh.png His header was miles over the bar too, and he played only 29 minutes. Sympathy votes make a mockery of the motm.

What about the rabbit in the headlights moment at the half way line? huh.png His header was miles over the bar too, and he played only 29 minutes. Sympathy votes make a mockery of the motm.

At least he got his bloody head on it! Duffy did a lot of important stuff at the end, unlike some who did next to nothing all game.

Love the way Duffy has already come on and started shouting at his team mates to get into position. Leader!

Wow. Duffy. Keeping it from getting ugly

Duffy is looking solid. Thats one good thing about tonight

Duffy looking our best defender!

A positive was Duffy, at least.

Duffy, Heitinga and Howard can hold their heads up.

All the subs did pretty well and it was nice to see Duffy play. He was composed, committed and in control and didnt look out of place.

On a good note I'm chuffed for Duffy

Sympathy vote? I think his performance tonight was the most important one....the thing that I'll remember longest from the game. Not complicated.

Not seen the game yet so I can't comment but I can see both sides to the Duffy argument. On the one hand he has come on as a young lad and done really well for us against Spurs but on the other hand he's only played 29 minutes meaning that he's not had to cope with personal fitness levels and Spurs playing with full stamina. I can see where both lots of people are coming from I'll just have to stick on Match of the Day and rate Shane for myself. Nice to see him getting a run out though as with any young lad that comes through the ranks.

Hope he stays and becomes a first team regular because from the sounds of things he seems to have the potential and ability.

Your clever Mike, I'll give you that, though 29 minutes, isn't enough for a motm performance. Neville has taken stick for ages, but tonight, he continued doing his job while others looked out of their depth. Duffy froze on that half way line, and conceded a throw in. It's not a biggy, as it's his first run out for ages, but no way was he the moth mate. That's just crazy.

Your clever Mike, I'll give you that, though 29 minutes, isn't enough for a motm performance. Neville has taken stick for ages, but tonight, he continued doing his job while others looked out of their depth. Duffy froze on that half way line, and conceded a throw in. It's not a biggy, as it's his first run out for ages, but no way was he the moth mate. That's just crazy.

Maybe he was distracted by the floodlights?!

Can't vote, Johnny was probs the best but Spurs still got too many chances to make me stomach twist. Drenthe looked lively when he come on and Duffy didnt look out of place either, will be nice to have some one big for corners.

Was it just me or did Baines seem hungover? played like he was on a come down after a night out at times. (I trust he weren't, but just performance wise)

At 1945 tonight, I never thought I'd be saying Phil Neville was my man of the match.

Mainly for his crunching tackles on Modric, the little rat faced arsehole.

Howard and Heitinga can take credit as well. At least Drenthe looked interested. Distin, Fellaini, Donovan, Anichebe, Duffy, Gueye - meh. Baines was a heap of turd. I am mystified as to how, regardless of any injury crisis, Cahill, Saha and Bilyaletdinov have a spot in our team.

Edited by adziom

though 29 minutes, isn't enough for a motm performance.

1 minute is enough for MOTM. If someone comes on for the last minute and grabs the only goal, the winning goal, in an otherwise dour match, by running around each player in the oppositions team (twice) - then that player deserves MOTM. Duffy didn't do this, but if people think he did enough in that 29mins to propel him ahead of his team-mates then who am I/you to say otherwise?

I might ruffle some feathers here but Duffy was the only one who looked to give a shite and was the only positive thing from the game, though Johnny looked solid too.

The rest were rubbish, truly rubbish. Neville was lucky to stay on the pitch after that tackle...

Edited by Matt

I might ruffle some feathers here but Duffy was the only one who looked to give a shite and was the only positive thing from the game, though Johnny looked solid too.

The rest were rubbish, truly rubbish. Neville was lucky to stay on the pitch after that tackle...

The words brown and nose spring to mind. but who am I to argue? wink.png

lghr0173homer-simpson-duff-beer-the-simpsons-poster.jpg