IGNORED

James Mcfadden

I've noticed on other sites that people are calling the deal an embarrasment amongst other things. Am I the only one who thinks this is an overreaction?

Okay, he's no world beater, and it's safe to assume he won't ever be chased by Barcelona. But before he was injured he was a proven premier league player. We got him for feck all, and in all fairness, I highly doubt this deal would have happened if Davey had money to spend in the summer.

So yeah, whilst it was never a signing to get people excited [to put it mildly] it's not as if Moyes went out and signed Joe Bloggs from Marine AFC. He's an international footballer with years of EPL experience who happened to be available for free outside of the transfer window.

Totally agree with JP. We got McFadden for nothing who is a proven goalscorer at both club and country level, I can't seem to understand how Bill (and others) can come to the conclusion that he is 'fookin useless' given what he has done over the years for this club. If we would have spent big money on James then I could fully understand how people would be getting angry but I do believe that some people like to moan for moanings sake and this is what's happening here (pretty similar to the signing of Darron Gibson), he's a decent player that people are moaning about just for moanings sake.

Sometimes I wonder if we signed Lionel Messi people would send hate-mail to David Moyes because he isn't tall enough for our style of play.

^How useless James McFadden is.

A waste of wages, I'd rather have a youngster on the bench than him.

While his youtube video looks impressive he's not the same player any more - older, slower etc etc.

Because there's loads of quality young players available for free in September?

Totally agree with JP. We got McFadden for nothing who is a proven goalscorer at both club and country level, I can't seem to understand how Bill (and others) can come to the conclusion that he is 'fookin useless' given what he has done over the years for this club. If we would have spent big money on James then I could fully understand how people would be getting angry but I do believe that some people like to moan for moanings sake and this is what's happening here (pretty similar to the signing of Darron Gibson), he's a decent player that people are moaning about just for moanings sake.

Sometimes I wonder if we signed Lionel Messi people would send hate-mail to David Moyes because he isn't tall enough for our style of play.

^How useless James McFadden is.

Youtube takes the best moments of a players career and complies them. If it took the worst moments he would look useless, so that dosnt really prove anything.

Personally I think Moyes needed reinforcments and faddy fit the bill.

While his youtube video looks impressive he's not the same player any more - older, slower etc etc.

We already have young players with far more quality than him at the club.

Complete and utter joke of a signing, said it at the time and I'm saying it now. Proven goalscorer? Ffs.

BOOM.

Posted Today, 10:13 PM

snapback.pngRomey 1878, on 17 Jan 2012 - 19:40, said:

snapback.pngMikeO, on 17 Jan 2012 - 20:11, said:

snapback.pnghafnia, on 17 Jan 2012 - 20:15, said:

Complete and utter joke of a signing, said it at the time and I'm saying it now. Proven goalscorer? Ffs.

BOOM.

Did you not quote mine for a reason Ten. ??

Posted Today, 07:24 PM

I dont know why they are giving this fella a wage, he is fookin useless.

Edited by Bill

Because there's loads of quality young players available for free in September?

Cheers Mike.

I said nothing about bringing a youngster in. I'd rather have James Wallace, Jose Baxter, Connor McAleny, anyone from our youth ranks on the bench than waste the wages we have on McFadden. They'd offer just as much, if not more, than he does coming off the bench.

Edited by Romey 1878

Baxter scored a pearler the other day by all accounts against Blackburn - but yeah, the scottish rooney has had his 15 minutes of fame, earned a fair whack of money I would guess and unfortunately what talent he did have will be lessened by serious injury. Championship football beckons me thinks or a return to scotland.

Baxter scored a pearler the other day by all accounts against Blackburn - but yeah, the scottish rooney has had his 15 minutes of fame, earned a fair whack of money I would guess and unfortunately what talent he did have will be lessened by serious injury. Championship football beckons me thinks or a return to scotland.

I actually think, in the early days Mcfadden looked as though he had a lot more than Rooney does, but he just could'nt be arsed, every week was the same apart from the odd moment, like the Charlton game, a complete waste of a career, i wish Moyes had shown Kissock the effort he showed Mcfadden, Kissock might still have continued with football as a chosen path.

Dunc's answer. I thought he quit to be a DJ (last i heard) was also concentrating on his skating?

Yeah he was trying to get on a music course at the college at one point, he was never the best skater tbh, i used to skate and used to see him down the Lost Art shop in town, and it was music he was always on about, remember when he left EFC, i remember someone saying him and Moyes fell out because Moyes wanted to mould him into a full back, and he wanted to play in behind the striker, and because football was'nt his main interest, he just walked when he could'nt get his own way, slighlty stroppy teenager but still, why would you take a 2nd striker and make them into a full back unsure.png