IGNORED

James Mcfadden

I didn't rate McFadden the first time around, honestly can't see why we brought him back after 2 serious knee injuries that can only have made him detioriate further. Like othes have mentioned, would much rather see the likes of Baxter/ Vellios get more game time.... and I'd hardly call somebody with 24 goals in 191 games a proven goalscorer

In the words of KC and the sunshine band "please don't go"

Seriously though, what sort of response did he expect "yeah McFadden has been a great signing, as a free signing would much prefer him picking up a wage than someone like Seb Laarson"

or "yeah Ross barkley isn't gonna make it, he's pants and musn't be good enough"

J.P your search for a forum that doesn't offer varying opinions to such posts may be a fruitless one...put the ego to bed, continue the debate, stand your ground or change your opinion, find a middle ground. We've all been proven wrong from time to time, it's all part of being human...

• 1 year later...

Neither did I. I was flicking between the Braga game and the Celtic one and happened to notice that Faddy was in a Motherwell kit.

I guess that shows his Premier League career is over. He was never used here in his second spell and wasn't used at Sunderland either. It looks as if he's going to retire where he began.

I guess that shows his Premier League career is over. He was never used here in his second spell and wasn't used at Sunderland either. It looks as if he's going to retire where he began.

Limited talent (though I'll never forget the Charlton goal) but he's earned more in the last ten years than I would've done in five lifetimes....good luck to him.

Neither did I. I was flicking between the Braga game and the Celtic one and happened to notice that Faddy was in a Motherwell kit.

Played a significant part in the 4-4 at OT, calmed our midfield down and looked composed on the ball. Mad how Moyes only used him for the big game, has done similar with Barkley.

Played a significant part in the 4-4 at OT, calmed our midfield down and looked composed on the ball. Mad how Moyes only used him for the big game, has done similar with Barkley.

Did he bollocks... He was only one step above useless. I think he won a decent foul just outside their box but otherwise gave the ball away when he tried anything other than a 5 yard pass!

I liked McFadden as a player but always seemed to do better at International than club level. The exact opposite of Rooney for example.

He did OK in his time here. Was never going to be a club legend, and can't believe the kid's still in his 20s, someone check his birth certificate, but apart from some brief highlights both for Scotland and his time at GP, I felt his greater moments were few and far between. Back to Fir Park where he was previously involved, and I wish him well but I think overall he could have done so much better.

I liked McFadden as a player but always seemed to do better at International than club level. The exact opposite of Rooney for example.

The exactly opposite of Rooney? Wayne Rooney has scored 33 goals in 79 appearances which isn't a bad return. It's a bit rich how you're implying that he's doing everything at Manchester United and nothing in the national team.

On the subject of Mcfadden I always liked him, he was just one of those players that I was drawn to (a bit similar to Phil Neville), with my hand on my heart I could say that he wasn't good enough for Everton but I always had a soft spot for him, especially after his stunner against Charlton Athletic. I think with a bit more love from Moyes he could have been something more as many have suggested as when he played for Scotland he blew the roof off the place.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 years later...