IGNORED

Twitter Transfer Rumours

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read a few tweets that we've bid for Keylor Navas (Costa Rican keeper). Can't find an official link. I would actually like another gk so we can loan Joel out, especially if we have a cup keeper and a league keeper again this season.

Why would we have signed Howard to an extension if we were going to buy this guy?

I've read a few tweets that we've bid for Keylor Navas (Costa Rican keeper). Can't find an official link. I would actually like another gk so we can loan Joel out, especially if we have a cup keeper and a league keeper again this season.

Agreed. Would be nice to be able to loan Joel out and truly see whether he's someone who can replace Howard 2-4 years from now, or if he's a perennial #2.

If we were to buy him, we'd have someone who can replace Howard right now, no? I've read that this guy is supposedly pretty good and I don't see him signing just to play in the Cups.

Why would we want to replace Howard now? He just signed a contract extension.

We're not replacing him though. Roberto will use two 1st team keepers - one for league games and one for cup games.

We're not buying a 10m+ keeper to play in the cups, nor is a 10m+ keeper signing for a team where he'd only play in the cups.

We're not buying a 10m+ keeper to play in the cups, nor is a 10m+ keeper signing for a team where he'd only play in the cups.

I've seen no mentions of £10m+ nor was I talking exclusively about Navas anyway. I see us signing a better 'cup keeper' (not necessarily Navas) and loaning Joel out.

I've seen no mentions of £10m+ nor was I talking exclusively about Navas anyway. I see us signing a better 'cup keeper' (not necessarily Navas) and loaning Joel out.

Navas has a release clause of €10m, about £8.2m. We're probably gonna have to pay all of it if we want him cause he's being linked with most of the big clubs in Spain. Perhaps we could sign another keeper so we can loan out Joel, but I don't think it's going to be Navas.

Edited by Steve_E

How about genuine competition for the 1st goalkeeping place plus investment in the future? Just because T-How signed an extension doesn't give him automatic right to be main keeper. Don't get me wrong, made up Tim is staying but he is getting on and a genuine challenger will push him, whilst Robles (who I still have faith in) could go out on loan

How about genuine competition for the 1st goalkeeping place plus investment in the future? Just because T-How signed an extension doesn't give him automatic right to be main keeper. Don't get me wrong, made up Tim is staying but he is getting on and a genuine challenger will push him, whilst Robles (who I still have faith in) could go out on loan

Having two top keepers at one club doesn't last. One will force an exit if they are sitting the bench every match.

Having two top keepers at one club doesn't last. One will force an exit if they are sitting the bench every match.

I know what you mean, but Tim has 2 full seasons left I reckon so I dont see there being a long wait :)

Edited by Matt

Strong rumours on twitter that we're signing Steven Caulker for around 4 million. Thoughts? Big yes from me, especially at that price. Caulker the agressive CB who attacks the ball and Stones the ball playing CB. Sounds good.

I'd be extremely happy with that! I've mentioned going after him on here a few times. Really hope this is true.

I'd be extremely happy with that! I've mentioned going after him on here a few times. Really hope this is true.

Hope so as well. We need one signing now just to make us blues feel a bit more optimistic about next season. Caulker on the cheap would be a very, very good start. We might even be a threat from corners next season.....