IGNORED

Twitter Transfer Rumours

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha love your optimism on deadline day Romey. I agree with you though, I'm sick and tired of hearing a good player might be on his way, only for it to be rejected AGAIN. I think we'll sign no one. Possibly Barry on loan and I think Victor might leave. Felli to stay as well. My predicition.

Haha love your optimism on deadline day Romey. I agree with you though, I'm sick and tired of hearing a good player might be on his way, only for it to be rejected AGAIN. I think we'll sign no one. Possibly Barry on loan and I think Victor might leave. Felli to stay as well. My predicition.

I had optimism about 4 hours ago, then it was cruelly shat upon. AGAIN! :(

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very interesting - http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reread-everton-fc-january-transfer-6478624

Examples;

@Chuff84: Are we more likely to sort out a foreign loan signing in this window and permanent deals sorted in/for summer only?

Greg O'Keeffe "As we have already said, free transfers or loans are more likely this window as Roberto Martinez doesn't see much value in this market."

@berg100m asked on Twitter: If we need players in, why aren’t Everton looking to bring McGeady in now?

Greg O'Keeffe "It's a valid question Berg, and many fans may be asking it.

"It's viewed as bad business to pay for a player now who wants to join the club in less than five months for free, especially with the belief at Goodison that there's enough quality on the flanks in the short term - particularly with Deulofeu on the road to recovery.

"Russian clubs can also be difficult to deal with which could lead to any fee being inflated in January."

We've had a few questions about Tom Ince.

Greg O'Keeffe "There is genuine interest in Tom Ince, as we explained this morning.

"That goes beyond rumours.

"There is a belief at Goodison that Tom would suit the attacking style under Martinez and would link up well with Ross Barkley.

"With every impressive performance from Gerard Deulofeu, the odds of Barcelona recalling him shorten so Ince would be viewed as offering a direct and energetic threat down the flanks."

@IrishEverton asked do you know how much Martinez has to spend from player sales?

Greg O'Keffe "Hello Irish,

Roberto Martinez has a significant amount remaining from the summer sale of Marouane Fellaini to spend.

"He would also have money from the potential sales of Johnny Heitinga or Nikica Jelavic.

"That means he has got enough to make a big signing if he wants, but he would prefer to wait until the summer as that is a better time to invest."

Very good to hear really....

Very interesting - http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reread-everton-fc-january-transfer-6478624

Examples;

Very good to hear really....

The Echo also said that the McCarthy deal wasn't dependent on Fellaini deal, which I'm calling bullshit on. So take every word of that with a massive pinch of salt.