IGNORED

Twitter Transfer Rumours

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

He came out of the Red Bull New York Academy, apparently. So the fact that I have no clue who this guy is...is a bit weird. Not that I know every single guy involved in the organization or anything but I would think that a guy who got signed by a team like Empoli would be a bit more known stateside and by RBNY fans.

Apparently he trialed with Red Bull New York this past season. Obviously he didn't get signed, but I'm not sure if it was because he didn't get an offer or because he didn't want to sign. I'll try to find more info on this guy but so far what I'm finding is not very encouraging.

• 2 weeks later...

You are aware that it's not a serious thread, but a piss take aren't you?

100%. Making fun of 'Murrica is one of my life's pleasures. There's just some misguided information in there akin to me believing the English are all either sallow-skinned, yellow-teethed dandies or sallow-skinned, yellow-teethed hooligans. Of course I would never insinuate such a thing... rolleyes.gif

100%. Making fun of 'Murrica is one of my life's pleasures. There's just some misguided information in there akin to me believing the English are all either sallow-skinned, yellow-teethed dandies or sallow-skinned, yellow-teethed hooligans. Of course I would never insinuate such a thing... rolleyes.gif

As an American I find this to be pretty damn funny. Pehaps has been shown before, but reddit has a legendary 'Murican forum I would recommend it to anyone who can have a laugh. www.reddit.com/r/MURICA

Wouldn't bother me. He's only featured for us twice this season. I honestly thought that he would make it here at least as a squad player, but even with injuries, he hasn't been used this season, which I think is a tell-tale sign that his time here is limited. Hopefully the 3 million euro fee is right, and maybe we could use that for loan fee's or towards buying a player for a "nominal" fee (Hoarau?)

@GFN_France

#Everton Update: Nothing on #Hoarau yet but Magaye #Gueye could well be off to #Lyon. Price quoted at around €3m. #EFC #OL

He's an ok bench player but for me from when I've seen him he doesn't have the attributes to become a starting player for a top end Prem outfit.

With his age it would more then likely be best for both parties if we sold him on, we get a decent fee for an unproven player and he gets the chance to play regular football or a much better chance then here, the pace of the French league will suit him better.

Who gives a shit? Let it be their mistake or genius move tongue.png.

Oh, I'm totally with you there. If Barcelona came in for Gueye offering megabucks I'd absolutely take it regardless of whether Gueye ever gets a start. But my question was more in regards to if Lyon would realistically be after Gueye, and if he's enough of a quality player for this rumor to be true and them to actually be after him.

Oh, I'm totally with you there. If Barcelona came in for Gueye offering megabucks I'd absolutely take it regardless of whether Gueye ever gets a start. But my question was more in regards to if Lyon would realistically be after Gueye, and if he's enough of a quality player for this rumor to be true and them to actually be after him.

I wouldn't have thought he'd be on their radar tbh, but he's young and French and did reasonably well for Strasbourg. So they might think he can replicate that being back in France.

• 2 weeks later...