IGNORED

FA Cup draw

MikeO

That is a good tie for us I think. I would rather we played Sheffield Wednesday because Blackpool looked really good in their 3rd Round game and they have some decent players amongst their ranks. I've got a soft spot for them actually and I'd have loved to see Blackpool in the Premier League for a few more years than they had.

Having said that, against Championship opposition we really shoulden't be losing - I've put the full draw for everyone below for those that want to see it.

Liverpool v. Brighton

Everton v. Blackpool/Wednesday

Chelsea v. Birmingham

Crawley v. Stoke

Stevenage v. Spurs

Norwich v. Leicester

Sunderland/Boro v. Arsenal/Villa

Millwall/Southampton v. Bolton

I'd say that Liverpool, Everton and Spurs are safely through to the next round of the cup. I think that Chelsea should beat Birmingham but they are so hard to predict this season and that goes for Crawley Town too, they are a really good side even though they are in League Two and I can see them causing a real upset against Stoke City.

Norwich could slip up against Leicester (I'm actually hoping they do as it would add more lower league teams to the next draw) and the last two ties are hard to predict as we don't know who will be in them. I woulden't guarentee Bolton's ticket to Wembley just yet, Millwall and Southampton would fancy their chances against the Trotters I think..

Edited by Zoo

Fuck me Chelsea drawn at home against lesser opposition, I need a lie down. Is there any way to determine if these draws are not fixed in any way, what I mean is show me some tangible evidence that it's all random and everything and there's no funny business. You can say what you like but I've been a great believer for years now that it's merely ties that someone wants to happen and they just put on whatever they feel. Anyway, getting over that and let's concentrate on our own business and have to be pleased with a home tie against lesser opposition. Worth remembering in years past how we haved fared against lower league opposition in the Cup tournaments so maybe we should approach such fixtures with some caution, we usually play better against one of the heavyweights in recent years but on paper alone and with Moyes taking it seriously it should be enough for a sixth round place

Liverpool v. Brighton

Everton v. Blackpool/Wednesday

Chelsea v. Birmingham

Crawley v. Stoke

Stevenage v. Spurs

Norwich v. Leicester

Sunderland/Boro v. Arsenal

Millwall/Southampton v. Bolton

My predictions - we're going to win it boys and girls!!!!!!!! jump%20for%20joy.gifCOYBs[1].gifguns.gif

crawley would destroy you.yay.gif

Good draw. Bit surprising that none of prem teams werent tied against each others.

Which means if, and its a big if, we go through were going to get Arsenal or Chelsea, I can feel it.

Still hoping my dream from the other week comes true - Merseyside derby for the final and that we scrap a 2-1, our winner coming from Carragher own goal :)

Which means if, and its a big if, we go through were going to get Arsenal or Chelsea, I can feel it.

Still hoping my dream from the other week comes true - Merseyside derby for the final and that we scrap a 2-1, our winner coming from Carragher own goal smile.png

Chelsea....we ALWAYS seem to meet them in the cups...mental!

One of the most emotional games I've watched - I love it when we win on penalties!

I hope we don't meet Chelsea but if we do then I woulden't be as frightened as I have been in recent years. They are not the team they once where and if we had a go at them then we would probably get a result. I'll be hoping that one of the lower league teams go through and we get them though (i.e - Crawley Town, Millwall).

That 2010 cup replay I think was an amazing afternoon, they had won the Final the year before at our expense but as the match went on and into extra time the fingers were getting bitten off and lo and behold it went to spot kicks and damn it I was at home listening in and pacing up and down and when we won eventually it was just a spontaneous outburst of emotion, probably more so as I don't really like them and we had lost the FA cup final the summer before. The draw's probably as bent as a three pound note but in any event looking forward to Blackpool or Owls at home next round and with all due respect to them you have to fancy our chances of future progression. The could well represent a great chance to register our first trophy in 17 long years but one game at a time and all

Great link Zoo and good memories. Thanks for that.

That game just reminds me of how good Howard can be on his day. One of the best reflex keepers in the game. Just too many errors lately. We all know how good he can be. Hopefully we get to see that for the rest of the season.

Baines freekick made my eyes sting.