IGNORED

Francisco Júnior

I hope he is a creative player (as Ten say's David Silva on a tight budget), though i really hope he isnt defensive minded, as in the Lassana Diarra mould (sp? used to play for Portsmouth), in the sense that he is small, but he has an engine on him and will tackle all day. Okay, good signing on a free, but we really dont need that kind of player atm.

Edited by GoodisonRoad

Like Marco says, be interesting to see what his qualities are. I'm guessing Moyes is looking for a 'David Silva' type player (Obviously not at his level) for a tigh budget. He's tiny but hopefully, aided by his low centre of gravity and (hopeful) quick feet, he maybe useful.

Really? I'd read he was more of a Ramires.

I can't find anywhere reliable that says he's an U21 international. He played for the U19s in January though.

Incidentally, there is no "Da Silva", it's simply Silva.

From the official site ...................

The 20-year-old, whose full name is Francisco Santos Da Silva Junior, got a first taste of Goodison Park when he attended Saturday's 2-0 win over Chelsea and says he was deeply impressed by what he saw

If he was able to play like Modric then I would be well happy, it is what the team is lacking since Arteta at his best, silky smooth skills with a killer touch and a quick footballing brain. If he is another defensive midfielder who can pass then so be it, it's just we have got two of those already.

dont think weve got 2 think fellani is our best passer and the isnt anyone who comes close if the lad could pass it wouldnt be a bad thing, the more players who can pass and move the better for me.

if anyone has no life and wants to look though a good 20 minutes of him go on youtube and type in Francisco Junior.

dont think weve got 2 think fellani is our best passer and the isnt anyone who comes close if the lad could pass it wouldnt be a bad thing, the more players who can pass and move the better for me.

if anyone has no life and wants to look though a good 20 minutes of him go on youtube and type in Francisco Junior.

Rodders and Felli are, by any choice of words '' defensive midfielder's'' who can actually pass rather well, what we do not have however is a Scholes/Modric/Silva type of midfielder, Oh shit, hang on we do, but he's only 17. My point being is that we have no elegance to go with our ferociousness maybe, just a thought

Rodders and Felli are, by any choice of words '' defensive midfielder's'' who can actually pass rather well, what we do not have however is a Scholes/Modric/Silva type of midfielder, Oh shit, hang on we do, but he's only 17. My point being is that we have no elegance to go with our ferociousness maybe, just a thought

yer I agree and on Barkley too just think the whole team needs to look at there passing game in general mate

Really? I'd read he was more of a Ramires.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2012/02/15/these-are-the-fans-i-want-to-play-for-says-everton-fc-new-boy-francisco-junior-100252-30333491/

"Despite impressing in a series of academy games, the Etihad club have dragged their feet about offering him a contract and that alerted Everton scouts." Very proactive of us!!! Hopefully their loss is our gain!

http://www.liverpool...00252-30333491/

"Despite impressing in a series of academy games, the Etihad club have dragged their feet about offering him a contract and that alerted Everton scouts." Very proactive of us!!! Hopefully their loss is our gain!

I wonder if we could make more signings like this in the future, considering we don't have a lot of cash to spend on transfer fees. There are a lot of talented players who just can't break in at the Barcelona's, Man City's, Bayern Munich's, Real Madrid's of the world who could be good additions for us. Just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...