IGNORED

Semi Final

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is it you don't like about ITV?

Currently Chiles/Townsend/Keane (plus the ads) but back in the sixties Brian Moore....give me an era in between and I'll give you something I didn't like.

It's the whole ITV ethos....aimed (like the tabloids) really low....can see it from their morning "news" programme through Jeremy Kyle to Lorraine to This Morning to whatever shite Cowell's pumping out now. Hateful populist generic voyeuristic diazepam for the masses.

Chiles used to be OK when he was a minor pundit, but now... complete dross.

As for Keane... awful, just awful (and I'm not anti United, I think Neville's excellent).

Anyway, of the four contenders, I'm supporting Everton. Liverpool doing a double would be a total travesty and only fuel the King hype, Chelsea have won enough recently. So between Spurs and Everton it's a close call, but would be nice to see a bit of success shared out, since Spud will get CL again I expect

It's looking like a tough cup to predict this time round though. Come on Everton!

Shared with ESPN....they get one live semi each.

Both will show the final.

hopefully when noone watch ITVs coverage (not that ESPN is better with Barnes and Keegan on the pitch side :rolleyes: ) , because its shit, they will realize and do something about it.

Just read that the ref is Howard Webb for us unsure.png

Currently Chiles/Townsend/Keane (plus the ads) but back in the sixties Brian Moore....give me an era in between and I'll give you something I didn't like.

It's the whole ITV ethos....aimed (like the tabloids) really low....can see it from their morning "news" programme through Jeremy Kyle to Lorraine to This Morning to whatever shite Cowell's pumping out now. Hateful populist generic voyeuristic diazepam for the masses.

This this this this this!! Will have 5 live commentary on then and hope there's no delay between TV and radio!

Edited by mogsy

is it bein unsensitive to say that they should play when told and shouldn't get special treatment

They can't not play on the 15th April for ever.....I think a semi against us would have been a perfect way to exorcise the demon personally.

Do Rangers refuse to play on 2nd January? Or Juve on 29th May? Bradford on 11th May?

Don't want to be insensitive but it's just a date.

They can't not play on the 15th April for ever.....I think a semi against us would have been a perfect way to exorcise the demon personally.

Do Rangers refuse to play on 2nd January? Or Juve on 29th May? Bradford on 11th May?

Excellent point

pisses me off...i might not be able to make it cos of work now...fuckin annoyin kick off time

3.00 would have been far better and more sensible to give people time to travel down

The pros and cons of Wembley are well documented, but the only place close to being enough capacity would be OT and then there's still a lot of fans would miss out.

My own opinion is that Wembley should be for the final only, and go with the old scheme of things... play it at City or Villa

But you know what REALLY troubles me?.... Hillsborough happened (in part) thanks to some lousy planning and questionable venue and yet, still, we think it's sensible to have two sets of fans travelling a long way, on the same route and in a hurry thanks to the early kick off...

It should be a fantastic day for both fans, but the FA do nothing to ensure it.

problem is...if you dare say summat you're automatically an insensitive cunt

Tricky one that - I think United have played on Munich anniversaries, but not 100% certain.

I can sympathise with the view of making the day sacred, but it's a thin end of a wedge too. Bradford City could do similar, and United, and in future, other teams too... what then? eventually there's no available dates at all.

I don't think it's insensitive to question if keeping the day sacred is the right choice - it's just a question and doesn't mean you think any less about what happened. It's only like a funeral where some folks will say "it's a sad sad occasion and we want sad music and sad faces, and the other half say he'd have wanted AC/DC playing and everybody to party" - people just work through stuff in different ways.