IGNORED

players that will improve us

davies

Guest blueboy122

Joe Mattock always looked like quite a good player for the Albion lot. I think he is only 22 or somewhere similar. Also that Tychoi looked a great impact sub last season.

Wonder if Moyes will go for Sean Davis? He was about to sign and then failed the medical is that correct about 5 years ago?

Didn't Barca say that they'd sell Ibrahim Afellay for only $6m? If only we could make that happen... But yeah, I don't see Henrique coming here, but it's worth Moyes making an inquiry into his interest in coming or not coming here.

Edited by Quinn31

Moyes wanted Afellay the first time, if he became available, I'm sure he'd enquire about him. I'd love it to happen, really can't see it though?

Would be an incredible signing for price mentioned - been injured for about a year but if he can recapture what he had then he'd be a steal!

Starts for Holland, he can't be that bad!

So did Van der Meyde :P. Just mean the prem league is a lot harder for some of the players from the Spanish league, Dos Santos has managed to play more for Barcelona than Spurs. Is he more in the Silva/Mata bracket?

Not so much improving, but if Baines goes, and Fellaini what are we looking at, £35-40m? and maybe someone like Park thown into the mix. So what do we think Moyes is going to see out of that, maybe £15m. that would leave £20m+ to go back to the bank, debt is said to be around £50m, so that would surely put us in a postion where we no longer have to sell players anymore, things would be more managable? under this board you never know though. Im just trying to think long term and would this stop the whole sell to buy culture at the club.

I don't want either player to leave, but the stories are increasing, if we can at least keep one of them.

Not so much improving, but if Baines goes, and Fellaini what are we looking at, £35-40m? and maybe someone like Park thown into the mix. So what do we think Moyes is going to see out of that, maybe £15m. that would leave £20m+ to go back to the bank, debt is said to be around £50m, so that would surely put us in a postion where we no longer have to sell players anymore, things would be more managable? under this board you never know though. Im just trying to think long term and would this stop the whole sell to buy culture at the club.

I don't want either player to leave, but the stories are increasing, if we can at least keep one of them.

suddenly its 50m from 45m? Its exaggerations like this that give the BS stories of done-deals the momentum!

IF we sold both, its 40m+. If it was me, close the overdraft off and buy Finch Farm, remaining 15m on 2 reasonable replacements.

suddenly its 50m from 45m? Its exaggerations like this that give the BS stories of done-deals the momentum!

IF we sold both, its 40m+. If it was me, close the overdraft off and buy Finch Farm, remaining 15m on 2 reasonable replacements.

Im not sure what the actual number is, i googled to try and find out and that was what came up.

Im not sure what the actual number is, i googled to try and find out and that was what came up.

fair enough. was 45m last year to the best of my knowledge and certain sites were saying its the same this year despite player sales etc...

How can it stay the same though, we sold Arteta and Beckford to pay the bank, but the debt stayed the same? that does'nt make sense

interest on debt, new signings (signing on fees on top of that).... If we were paying Pienaars wages of 75k a week over 4-5 months, thats 1.2m then the loan fee on top of that, Fellis new 75k a week deal.... Adds up

interest on debt, new signings (signing on fees on top of that).... If we were paying Pienaars wages of 75k a week over 4-5 months, thats 1.2m then the loan fee on top of that, Fellis new 75k a week deal.... Adds up

So we sold players to pay a bank debt but did'nt actually pay anything to the bank? that just sums up the current regime to me shaking%20fist.png

So we sold players to pay a bank debt but did'nt actually pay anything to the bank? that just sums up the current regime to me shaking%20fist.png

dude, as with everyone on all forums, im guessing (which is my whole point about us not really knowing whats going on behind the scenes). I imagine we will have paid the bank something, at least the interest owed if not more.

wasnt there 1.5m lost on ticket sales this year? and a loss on TV money? Louis posted them somewhere....

Edited by Matt

dude, as with everyone on all forums, im guessing (which is my whole point about us not really knowing whats going on behind the scenes). I imagine we will have paid the bank something, at least the interest owed if not more.

wasnt there 1.5m lost on ticket sales this year? and a loss on TV money? Louis posted them somewhere....

Its all very pie in the sky because like you say noone knows what's going on, this is why better communication is needed, but it's never going to happen

I know there was a loss on TV, and ticket sales were down last season i remember reading about it.

Edited by theprisoner

I think it's very important Everton hold on to Baines and Jagielka this summer. Good, realistic signings for you, IMO, would be:

Pienaar

I think K Schmeichel will be a great premiership keeper soon and with Howard 40-ish would you be happy with him?

I think it's very important Everton hold on to Baines and Jagielka this summer. Good, realistic signings for you, IMO, would be:

Pienaar

I think K Schmeichel will be a great premiership keeper soon and with Howard 40-ish would you be happy with him?

Tim Howards only 33, still got 5 years in him. As for Baines and Jags the latter is not vital, and it wouldn't be the end of the world if Baines left as long as the price was right, tbh it might end up a blessing in disguise. Reduce debt and give the youth more of a chance, one step back two steps forward.

Howard seems to have been around for a long time is was it is, but he was only 33 recently so there's still life in the old dog yet, he has been an indispensable part of the club for years and another in the line of very fine goalkeepers we have seen at Goodison. I think if we can keep hold of our prize assets this summer and beyond, there's scope there for another good season, but the Moyes situation will continue. I do feel, With an (more) attack minded manager that isn't afraid to take a gamble, they could be utilized more efficiently maybe and we could see more productivity, Jelavic is one such example.

• 3 weeks later...

Just going through the team and we look in pretty good shape for next season

Gk: Howard, Mucha ~ Fine, unless there is a better keeper than Howard is available

RB: Hibbert, Neville, Coleman, Browning ~ No need to find anyone

LB: Baines, Neville, Distin, Garbutt ~ Low priority, unless Baines goes or has a long-term injury

RCB: Hietinga, Jags, Duffy ~ Quality

LCB: Disin, Heitinga ~ Low priority, only if a free transfer

DM: Gibson, Junior ~ Good

CM: Fellaini, Osman, Rodwell ~ Quality

RM: Naismith, Osman, Coleman ~ Good enough, medium priority. Players that would improve: s-t Weiss, l-t Donovan

LM: Gueye, Osman, Anichebe ~ High priority. s-t Pranjic (can cover LB and in the middle),Barnetta, l-t Hoilett

AM: Cahill, Fellaini, Barkley ~ Low priority. Only need a short term replacement as Cahill is too old to start every week and Barkley too young. Ideal player to improve us: s-t Dempsey

FW: Jelavic, Anichebe, Naismith, Vellios, McAleny, Hope ~ Low priority only if a better player than Jela becomes available

Possible Outs: Yobo, Cahill, Silva, McAleny, Coleman = est £10 mil; wage = -100/week (Yobo not included as not here last year)

In: Donovan(assuming free from xmas), Pranjic (or Barnetta), Dempsey, Hoilett (or Weiss) = est. £10 mil; wage = 180k/week

Investment needed: £4 million to cover wages, possible covered by new tv deal. Personally think all are possible with admittedly Dempsey and Coleman being a long shots, but still viable.

I'd have included Elia as a long shot to, but looks like he's going to Werder Bremen.

Edited by pete0