IGNORED

Cardiff City rebrand

Cardiff should always be blue, Swansea white and the national side Red for me.

I feel sorry for their supporters while we're at it, how the fuck did Cardiff City get to the play off fixtures this year dry.png they were absolutely abysmal in the two games the last week, they looked more like fourth division than a couple of games away from the top flight, absolute fucking garbage from the players and team against West Ham, and they may just as well have given the London club a bye through to the 'final' or last game even dry.png

What was it, about 45 games thus far, and then a couple of stand off fixtures to determine who gets into the EPL, and then that crap. I hope Birmingham City or Blackpool realize what an opportunity this is and go out and play like there's some kind of reward out there. The championship league is a damn difficult league to get out of though, but at least show some heart and desire etc if nothing else.

Basically the owners want Cardiff to become the unofficial Malaysian National team?

What a joke. I'd be right pissed off if Everton wanted to have an Elephant for a badge and changed to a red, white n blue outfit (based on the Chang deal).

Not suprised fans have reacted angrily. They should be blue and still have the bluebird. I'm guessing they just want to make themselves, 'more' Welsh?

Said it before, it's not about the color for me, that in the team is a fucking shambles, they thought they were good enough for the EPL this year ? NO

I may have a tune in to BCFC and Oranges later tonight to see who plays the Final in a few weeks, hopefully one of them will put up a fight, and not just roll and over and die and say 'fuck it, but it's too much to ask' etc

Can you imagine Hillary and Tenzing 26,000 feet up Everest and with that mentality.. Let's call this off and go home, we've done well to get this far etc

dry.png

• 4 weeks later...

nope.

i dont mind them naming the stadium too much, and you can change the badge within reason (been done plenty of times) but i dont think i could handle a colour change. Maybe if it had a historical meaning, but not for marketing.

It's not as bad as what I thought it would be. At least they have kept the bluebird on the crest and given the fans a chance to get a blue shirt in the form of the 2013 away one (It will be interesting to see which one sells more, Blue or Red).

As for Everton being re-branded I'd say no.

Everton rebrand to have a red shirt? No no and yet again NO.

I feel for the Cardiff supporters in a way, yes they still have the bluebird but it is a tiny thing under a red dragon. No way would I go for all that in one go.

However in these times money talks and Cardiff desperately need investment. £100m is not to be sniffed at.

Would you accept a red shirt and a badge with a liverbird on it with a small tower underneath for £100m? If that happened to us I think many of us would be having fits, and yet there are some who would accept it with open arms as we also need investment.

For me though it would be a step too far.

I thought they'd changed it to a red dragon?

Blue bird just underneath the dragon. Depending on how patriotic they are its not a massive slap in the face to them.

As for Everton, I'd have no qualms about a Liver bird on the shirt as long as we still had our badge.

Ahh, I see now. Looks totally out of place doesn't it? The badge would have looked better without it.

That's what I thought, it looks like they've tried to keep both parties happy by including both crests but it just looks odd. Either one or the other IMO, they could have just had the red dragon on the front crest and the bluebird on the back collar (like Liverpool have done with the flames).

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know 100% but its probably because the board wanted it and they are the people in charge of the club. Cardiff are run by Malaysians if I'm not mistaken so naturally they woulden't give a toss about Cardiff's heritage just about as making as much money as they can from them. It'll be interesting to see how the shirt sales stack up to see whether the blue outsells the red or vice versa.

Guest Nikica

I don't know 100% but its probably because the board wanted it and they are the people in charge of the club. Cardiff are run by Malaysians if I'm not mistaken so naturally they woulden't give a toss about Cardiff's heritage just about as making as much money as they can from them. It'll be interesting to see how the shirt sales stack up to see whether the blue outsells the red or vice versa.

Yeah, my question was more rhetorical. It's the way football is going now sadly.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not the type who clings desperately to tradition and is afraid of change. But some things should be off-limits.