Confirmed:

14 July - Morecambe (A) - 2pm

18 July - Dundee United (A) - 7.45pm

21 July - Motherwell (A) - TBC

5 August - Blackpool (A) - 3pm

8 August - AEK Athens (H) - TBC

11 August - Malaga (A) - TBC

Possibles:

28 July - Rotherham Utd (opening game at their New York Stadium - reserves?)

23-28 July - Indonesian tour

Confirmed:

28 July - Hereford (A) - 3.00pm (reserves)

1 August - Tranmere Rovers (Liverpool County FA Cup final so likely to be reserves)

I thought I read somewhere that we were going to try an play in some of the tourneys that happen around pre-season time? Against decent opposition? in the "such-an-such" cup?

This is setting us up for familiar territory. Slow starts and all that....

Edited by tenaciousj

July 14th - Morecambe (away for Player/manager Jim Bentley's testimonial)

we played agaisnt both Weder Bremen and Villareal last season as well as 2 tough games against USA opposition, those were hardly poor games. Wait a bit and I'm sure there will be bigger games announced. Dundee is pretty early on anyway and we could do worse than playing the team that came 4th in the Scottish premier as an early warm up.

Please play some decent opposition in more than just the last game. We're always playing against shite teams and getting the results and then we play a quality side right before the start of the season and get our arses handed to us on a plate. Hardly setting us up to go into the season confident!

Please play some decent opposition in more than just the last game. We're always playing against shite teams and getting the results and then we play a quality side right before the start of the season and get our arses handed to us on a plate. Hardly setting us up to go into the season confident!

Theres that and not playing the 1st team getting them warmed up. From what I remember last season, quite a few of the youngsters got a run out and then were dropped for the start of the season (correct me if im wrong here guys). How can we have a good start to the season if the 1st team a/. plays shite opposition and b/. is mixed around...

Theres that and not playing the 1st team getting them warmed up. From what I remember last season, quite a few of the youngsters got a run out and then were dropped for the start of the season (correct me if im wrong here guys). How can we have a good start to the season if the 1st team a/. plays shite opposition and b/. is mixed around...

No, that's right. And we played a different formation/system during pre-season and then reverted back to the 451 come the first game of the season dont know.gif

it is nice that some of the kids get mixed in with the older players but do that at first to get the fitness up..then player 3/4 quality sides to get the sharpness into the main guys...it baffles me that we play such pathetic opposition every pre-season

Very true but preseason for me is about easing the 1st team back from holiday mode back into work mode. Kids should be brought on for last 10-15mins of real games each week to get more relevant experience.

Very true but preseason for me is about easing the 1st team back from holiday mode back into work mode. Kids should be brought on for last 10-15mins of real games each week to get more relevant experience.

Think we should be starting one, as the other 10 could look after them.

I think any player with a bit of decency would give the money up.

I know Carragher put his money into his charity, the last few Everton I remember went to the former players foundation.

EDIT:

i might be thinking of a different game for Kendall, confused myself now.

Edited by StevO