IGNORED

Summer 2012 transfers - confirmed only please!

Too late imo, Wenger should have bought years ago. He could have spent big but has chose to go for bargains or youngsters. They could have bought Jags but wouldnt stump up the extra £2 mil and instead squandered it on fodder Mertesacker and Squillaci. With a better cb and goalkeeper in earlier, they would have won another trophy by now. Before last season the only double figure (£million) players have been Reyes, Hleb, Nasri, Arshavin and Vermaelen, and when major players are sold they don't buy a ready made replacement, instead buying a youth who will hopefully fill the void in the future. The teams challenging for major trophies would buy both. Last season Wenger bucked up his transfer policies and brought in Arteta as a straight replacement for Fabregas and it payed off big time, but they hadn't replaced Nasri and only had 2 good centre backs so the league was always going to be out of reach last season. They've had a bit of bad luck that has hindered them as well with RVP and Eduardo injuries preventing a league challenge a couple of seasons ago, and a few less decisions than the other title contenders. But ultimately Wenger's transfer policy has to take the blame.

Like I said, RVP's motivation is nothing to do with what ambition Arsenal have or haven't shown. He's only interested in the money.

On topic; Aquilani has moved to Fiorentina permanently.

Like I said, RVP's motivation is nothing to do with what ambition Arsenal have or haven't shown. He's only interested in the money.

On topic; Aquilani has moved to Fiorentina permanently.

saw this on twitter yesterday :
Aquilani cost L'pool close to £35.3m £17m transfer, £14.4m wages, £3.9m pay off to leave. What were kopites saying about Pienaar? #lfc #EFC

Confirmed where?

Breaking news on Joey Barton - Sky Sports understands the QPR midfielder is set to join Marseille on a one-year loan deal, with Stephane Mbia to come the other way. We'll bring you more shortly.

by @SkySportsRachG 11:08 PM

from SSN Edited by Matt

I wonder what kind of reception he will get at Goodison. He seemed like a really sound bloke until he went off the rails and started being a knob, I can't see him doing much at West Ham, he was already trailing off for us around January/February so I don't think its a big loss.