IGNORED

Summer 2012 transfers - confirmed only please!

Guest blueboy122

Does Adebayor do a lot for charity? Or am i thinking of Drogba? One of the two puts half of what they earn into there own charity back home helping kids fight hunger,disease etc whilst building schools.

Guest blueboy122

I liked Drenthe. But, him in London is a bad idea. He's going to end up crashing a car full of prostitutes into the Thames. Best of luck to him though.

Yeah I liked Drenthe, couldnt be less of a Moyes type of player though. He is a liability on and off the feild I think though.

Guest blueboy122

See MON is continuing to pay over the odds for players...£15m for Steven Fletcher...? Really?

Sunderland are hilarious they always get mugged off when buying players, I remember when they paid £10 million for that Craig Gordon, £10 million for Turner they bought from Hull. There has been loads to be honest with Sunderland.

Cant believe that Jarvis is being bought for £10.75 million. Football has officially gone mad......

Guest blueboy122

jelavic - 5m

fletcher - 15m

mental

If reports are correct then MON would be better off going for Berbatov apprently he is available for around 5 million. I know people will say it's his wages but lets not forget that Sunderland will probably pay Fletcher around £80k a week anyway there mad like that.

See MON is continuing to pay over the odds for players...£15m for Steven Fletcher...? Really?

Personally I thought the £8 mil Wolves paid was high as he weren't fully proven, but that he has justified that valuation. There is a lot more money in football now and the going rate for a 25 y.o. striker that will get you 10+ goals was 10+ million 5 years ago so as much as it is a crazy fee it makes sense in the premier league's economy.

Edited by pete0

Does Adebayor do a lot for charity? Or am i thinking of Drogba? One of the two puts half of what they earn into there own charity back home helping kids fight hunger,disease etc whilst building schools.

Thats the Drog...

http://www.thedidierdrogbafoundation.com/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9085118/Didier-Drogba-is-the-Chelsea-striker-who-possesses-more-power-than-Ivory-Coasts-president.html

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/3237827/Didier-Drogbas-charity-work-shows-how-footballers-ought-to-behave.html

Sunderland are hilarious they always get mugged off when buying players, I remember when they paid £10 million for that Craig Gordon, £10 million for Turner they bought from Hull. There has been loads to be honest with Sunderland.

Cant believe that Jarvis is being bought for £10.75 million. Football has officially gone mad......

Sunderland...they're an entity in their own right. How they're still in business is beyond me. Image if DM had £10m a player...we probably could be in the CL places by now. Money isn't power, when the wrong person's spending it. (Mark Huges and Steve Bruce are other examples)

If reports are correct then MON would be better off going for Berbatov apprently he is available for around 5 million. I know people will say it's his wages but lets not forget that Sunderland will probably pay Fletcher around £80k a week anyway there mad like that.

If he wages weren't too much, i'd take Berbatov :o

Personally I thought the £8 mil Wolves paid was high as he weren't fully proven, but that he has justified that valuation. There is a lot more money in football now and the going rate for a 25 y.o. striker that will get you 10+ goals was 10+ million 5 years ago so as much as it is a crazy fee it makes sense in the premier league's economy.

Still think it's ludacris amounts....and as a direct comparison, see Marco's response.

jelavic - 5m

fletcher - 15m

mental

jelavic - 5m

fletcher - 15m

mental

Still think it's ludacris amounts....and as a direct comparison, see Marco's response.

Different circumstances which have had a massive affect on the price. Rangers had to sell to try avoid liquidation and on top of that Jela was unproven in the prem. Whereas Wolves are in a solid financial position and are only selling him because his 'head has gone'.

i'm sorry pete..but there is no dimension where fletcher is worth 14m

I'm not saying he's worth it. Just that I can see why Sunderland would pay it. I'd say the £6 mil for McFadden or £2.5 mil we got for Bent is more shocking than this. With the more shocking transfers like nearly every Dogleish signing, Torres, Lescott, Milner, Kolo Toure, De Jong, Bruno Alves, Angel, Curtis Davies, Turner, Young.