IGNORED

New ticketing commercial deal with StubHub

Interesting. Isn't it against FA, UEFA and FIFA rules to resell footy tickets though? I always thought it was, but maybe that has changed.

Although anyone who is able to sell a ticket for Everton vs Southampton (for example) at a profit deserves the extra money they make :D

Interesting. Isn't it against FA, UEFA and FIFA rules to resell footy tickets though? I always thought it was, but maybe that has changed.

Although anyone who is able to sell a ticket for Everton vs Southampton (for example) at a profit deserves the extra money they make biggrin.png

You're right, but I'm pretty sure this is only if you make a profit. Tickets can only be sold on at face-value.

I guess for selling on a ticket from a season ticket, then the club and StubHub will set a value it can be sold for.

Wouldn't be surprised if there is a surge in demand for the service when we play them though!!

I wonder how much demand will go up when the game is live on TV??

stubhub allows season ticket holders to sell tickets for whatever price they like

How much can I list my Season Ticket seat for?

Season Ticket holders can set the price for their seat for any home fixtures that they cannot attend. The price will largely be determined by demand for the fixture but it is ultimately the decision of the Season Ticket holder The new deal is groundbreaking as there are no restrictions on prices and Everton supporters can purchase as many tickets as they wish for an individual fixture.

Basically it's secure legalised reselling.

I don't see any issue with it, as most games don't sell out it's not like it would encourage people to tout their tickets apart from for big matches but then most people who are season ticket holders would want to be at those matches unless they really needed to make the money from them.

What it means really is Everton make more money and we get more bums on seats rather than empty seats at games which is only a good thing.

Probability is the seats are not 'restricted view' if they're season tickets.

The seller decides the price and StubHub take 25% - if they sell.

Not a bad idea we have 4 STs and we can't all make every game due to work etc.

We could be naughty and talk to the person in the seat we sell with a view to further sales and avoiding the 25%!!!!

• 1 month later...

Just had a look on there for the Newcastle game http://www.stubhub.co.uk/everton-tickets/everton-liverpool-goodison-park-17-9-2012-4111122/ most tickets are less than or equal to face value. Pay through paypal, pretty quick no messing about making the order and a few good seats on there.

I had tried the OS the other week, but I need to phone them up as I've forgotten my account number. It's a joke that they don't just email you it, it's only 2012 ffs shaking fist.png

• 3 weeks later...

Gonna give this thread a shameless bump to promote Stubhub, as I've won a pair of tickets for the derby from them yay.gif .

Only entered/bought through Stubhub because I was too lazy to phone the OS helpline, laziness pays well aha cool.png

Pete, if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for the tickets?

i have a season ticket myself and have had a look at putting mine on there for the games i can't make but from what i can see (unregistered) it only lets you put it on there for a minimum of £120??

no way would i put it on for that price nor would anyone buy it i would presume.

EDIT: NEVER MIND, i was just looking at the liverpool game tickets and it's just people ripping others off.

Edited by jacko1990

Gonna give this thread a shameless bump to promote Stubhub, as I've won a pair of tickets for the derby from them yay.gif .

Only entered/bought through Stubhub because I was too lazy to phone the OS helpline, laziness pays well aha cool.png

Congrats Pete. celebrate.gif

Never been to a Derby match. (not a hint lol)

Hope you enjoy it.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

It seems to be causing some controversy for the derby. Some fans are are asking for up to £460. Under 11s £96.

http://www.stubhub.co.uk/everton-tickets/everton-liverpool-goodison-park-23-11-2013-4308362/

Lower Gwladys 3

Row P | Qty 1

Pickup

All adult

£92.00

Family Enclosure 4

Row E | Qty 1

Pickup

All kid (under 11s)

£96.60

Family Enclosure 4

Row A | Qty 1

Pickup

All kid (under 11s)

£96.60

Family Enclosure 3

Row H | Qty 1

Pickup

All junior (under 16s)

£115.00

Upper Bullens Stand 2

Row A | Qty 1

Pickup

All adult

£115.00

Family Enclosure 3

Row L | Qty 1

Pickup

All junior (under 16s)

£115.00

Lower Gwladys 4

Row L | Qty 1

Pickup

All adult

£120.76

Main Stand 2

Row K | Qty 1

Pickup

All OAP (over 65s)

£126.50

Lower Gwladys 6

Row P | Qty 1

Pickup

£132.26

Park End 3

Row N | Qty 1

Pickup

All adult

£132.26

Park End 2

Row MM | Qty 2

Pickupaisle

1 kid (under 11s), 1 adult

£135.70

Lower Bullens Stand 4

Row E | Qty 1

Pickup

All OAP (over 65s)

£138.00

Park End 5

Row B | Qty 1

Pickup

All adult

£138.00

Family Enclosure 3

Row K | Qty 1

Pickup

All adult

£172.50

Upper Gwladys 2

Row N | Qty 1

Pickup

All adult

£207.00

Upper Gwladys 4

Row B | Qty 1

Pickup

All adult

£207.00

Upper Bullens Stand 6

Row E | Qty 1

Pickup

All adult

£212.76

Park End 3

Row JJ | Qty 1

Pickupaisle

All adult

£230.00

Upper Gwladys 2

Row N | Qty 1

Pickup

All adult

£230.00

Upper Gwladys 2

Row N | Qty 1

Pickup

All OAP (over 65s)

£230.00

Lower Gwladys 2

Row N | Qty 1

Pickup

All adult

£287.50

Family Enclosure 3

Row L | Qty 1

Pickup

All adult

£287.50

Family Enclosure 3

Row L | Qty 1

Pickup

All adult

£287.50

Family Enclosure 2

Row L | Qty 1

Pickup

All adult

£287.50

Family Enclosure 2

Row L | Qty 1

Pickup

All adult

£287.50

Lower Gwladys 2

Row H | Qty 2

Pickupaisle

1 kid (under 11s), 1 adult

£345.00

Lower Gwladys 5

Row U | Qty 1

Pickup

All adult

£345.00

Lower Gwladys 5

Row U | Qty 1

Pickup

All adult

£345.00

Upper Gwladys 3

Row A | Qty 1

Pickup

All adult

£460.00

Lower Gwladys 3

Row A | Qty 1

Pickup

All adult

£460.00

Alan Myers tweeted about it:

For those asking: StubHub offers ST holders a facility to sell their seat for games they can’t attend.

To date, most tickets on the site have been listed at face value or below. While, we understand that some fans might be frustrated to find prices higher than they hoped, it is the season ticket holder’s prerogative to list their seats at whatever price they choose.

Ultimately though, it is up to the potential purchaser to determine if they are prepared to pay it.

I think about the fan who can't get to a game and can at least get a much needed £20-30 back for his unused ticket.

incredible isnt it! Im wondering is the higher bids are to cover their season ticket because people are skint (sacrifice 1 game if it pays for the rest) of there are some outrageous, greedy cunts out there

I don't see why it's greedy - if someone is willing to pay. These folks stumped up for season tickets. Those now looking for tickets could have chosen to do the same.

are you really comparing a ticket being sold from one fan to another, with a player that our club has heavily in and who has gone from an unknown quantity to one of the best RBs in the league?!

Yes - it's the same principle at work. In this case, someone took a risk spending a lot of money on season tickets. Some weeks, when they can't attend matches, they can't recoup what they spent. Other weeks, when there's a derby for example, they can make more money. Why not? They invested a significant sum: Why shouldn't they reap some reward? No one's forcing others to pay the higher price. They do so willingly.

It's closer to;

Someone offers you a lift to the shops, as they were going anyway, you get in and accept, only for them to charge you through the nose for the petrol, inconvenience and wear'n'tear on their car.

If someone can't go the game, usually, they'd get sweet FA. So to charge nearly 10 x the face value, when they might not be able to go anyway is a pisstake.

When I had my ST's and I couldn't go the games, I'd either give it to my mates or if someone offered some money for it, I'd only say £10?

Yes - it's the same principle at work. In this case, someone took a risk spending a lot of money on season tickets. Some weeks, when they can't attend matches, they can't recoup what they spent. Other weeks, when there's a derby for example, they can make more money. Why not? They invested a significant sum: Why shouldn't they reap some reward? No one's forcing others to pay the higher price. They do so willingly.

there are so many things wrong with this....

there are so many things wrong with this....

Like what? Unless you seek to live in a planned economy, where prices are fixed by some higher authority, it's the way the world works. Long live capitalism!

Everton as a team could learn from this. Maybe they should be charging higher prices, which would allow them to invest more in players. Maybe they should give more urgency to having a new stadium, so they can generate more revenue from the additional seating. Maybe, if they have the entrepreneurial spirit of these season ticket holders, they wouldn't have signed such junk advertising deals.