IGNORED

How will Everton do next year?

Season 2012/13  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think Everton will finish next season?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • 5th
    • 6th
    • 7th
    • 8th
    • 9th
    • 10th
    • 11th
    • 12th
    • 13th
    • 14th
    • 15th
    • 16th
    • 17th
    • 18th
    • 19th
    • 20th

Guest blueboy122

On another note, I wouldn't be surprised to see United finish outside the top 4 tbh.

I dont think so, I would bet my mortgage they will be up there fighting for the title come April

I'd take right now, Manchester City (again) taking the league championship, over the plastic snides, MUFC or Arsenal even. Just would be my preference, last day back in May was quite epic, unbelievable end to the league season and I never begrudged them their title success

As for ourselves, about 5th to 9th being realistic, dependant on a number of things, such as can Jelavic replicate his success of end of last season, will Moyes quit with the defensive crap and actually show a bit more attacking emphasis and attempt to finish teams off?, how we fare in domestic cup tourneys, if you do well in cup competitions, that can follow on into league games sometimes, a bit more belief, or something else to fight for, a decent and significant start to the autumn months, no 'season starts in March' this time, and a bit more collective belief and Moyes using his players to their maximum efficiency. Having Goodison back into an arena I remember would also be beneficial. Maybe it's all too much to ask but they are the basic requirements.

On another note, I wouldn't be surprised to see United finish outside the top 4 tbh.

I would... Fergie always finds ways for them to pick up points. The current squad looks as weak in comparison to some of the Man Utd sides of recent years, but I dont see the other main contenders improving much either.

I really think there could be one or maybe two teams come out of the pack like Newcastle last year, and I just hope one of them is us.

The Executioners Bong http://theexecutionersbong.wordpress.com/2012/08/10/analysing-evertons-passing-pressing-tempo/? latest blog on out passing and pressing tempo is a good read. Looks like we need to up the tempo in both this season, sad to see how low are temp has been, as we all know how well we can play when we focus on attack rather than a rigid defence.

7th or 8th could well be accurate enough. Just to reiterate, a good start is essential, as is a maintaining of consistency, and Moyes to actually let the players attack and scrap all that apprehensive tactic crap. Next season, will be leading up to our 18th year without a Trophy, say what you like, but simply not good enough for a club of our stature, the opportunities have been evident on past occasions though, we not deny it. Can the drought finally end in 2013?, no one can say for sure, had a good Cup run last year before we gave it away at a late stage, we have players of potential who are capable of being part of a cup winning side. Obviously won't be League Champs, and European Cup looks doubtful, but you never can tell, so ideally our best chance of success lies in the two domestic cup tourneys, no European soccer either, which is a pity. It all gets underway soon enough, but we really should be looking at between 6th and 8th as a plausible finish.

Torn thigh muscle!?! I hadnt even heard anything about it until that! He could be out for months if that is the case (depending on the size of the tear of course).

he limped off in hibbert's testimonial..it didn't look that bad..be gutted if it turns out to be he has looked really good in the middle for us

Id be very surprised. They took the title challenge to the last day by playing distinctively average football the whole season, no reason they'd not be contenders this season too...

Yeah me too. They dont have the best players, but they always have the best mentality. Its like they just think "were man united, were better than this" then just win. They get fired up by Fergie, he doesnt accept not winning, if they got a solid midfielder and pull off the RVP deal, I expect them to win the league.

http://www.liverpool...-name_page.html

Didn't think it warranted a whole new thread.

According to that piece in the Echo we're in for another striker and a midfielder. The Guardian claims we're in for another striker and a right-sided midfielder. Either Guidetti or Niang as a striker and Johnson/Phillips/Fetfatzidis (preferably Johnson out of those three of course) as a right-sided midfielder in would make me very happy.

Well it's all about the new guy they brought in, big things are predicted by some, but I don't see any chance of a duplicate of the success of last season under Dalglish. Rogers may improve on 8th spot, but the league championship will remain elusive for another, what is it, 23rd year now.

I thought Redknapp gave a good enough summary of the teams involved, wasn't too much favoritism involved. Gave a fair and impartial analysis.

Jamie Redknapp is the effin worst.

http://www.skysports...7992038,00.html

Homer much with calling for Liverpool to make up the massive seventeen point gap of last year? How does Liverpool get mentioned for the race to a CL spot when they finished a whopping 8th? Seriously, outrageous this man

They've invested in a manager who gets his team to play football and 2 players. If they buy 9 more who can play tika-taka then I don't see why not? afro.gif

Jamie Redknapp is the effin worst.

http://www.skysports...7992038,00.html

Homer much with calling for Liverpool to make up the massive seventeen point gap of last year? How does Liverpool get mentioned for the race to a CL spot when they finished a whopping 8th? Seriously, outrageous this man

thats not the worst one:

Jamie's Judgement: I liked the look of them in the Community Shield and I'm convinced they'll be right up there again this season. Anyone who finishes above them will win the title.
well no shit Sherlock.....