IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

I'd have Krul over Howard, either of Cabaye/Tioté/Sissoko over Osman/Gibson, Cissé/Rémy over our centre forwards and Ben Arfa over Mirallas and Pienaar. Ben Arfa and Cabaye (who isn't playing today of course) in particular are two very good players imo.

:rofl: WUM.

The fewest English players ever started the first game in the PL / English top flight.

Can't think of another country or sport with a league and a national team where this would be allowed to happen.

Richard Scudamore, the Premier League's chief executive, feels that his organisation have been blamed unfairly for the growing imbalance in elite English football. No to mention the dismal failure of the England Under-21 and Under-20 teams in this summer's respective junior European Championship in Israel and World Cup in Turkey.

"It's not the Premier League's fault the country's population is only 60 million and there are 212 countries playing this game," said Scudamore last month. "It's bigger than us."

Gobshite. Abject greed. Disgraceful.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/19/england-qualified-players-premier-league

Edit - Spain's population is about 47 million and Italy's slightly less than ours so what's the next excuse, Dickie?

Edited by Cake

We show up quite well in those stats, with Baines, Jags, Osman and Barkley all in the starting line-up.

And credit to us for that. The thing with people like Scudamore and the rest of the FA is it's always somebody else's fault but that's true of a lot of organisations and individuals. Bleating about our population and the number of countries taking part is embarrassing.

I think Delph was thrown in at the deep end and failed to adapt quick enough. It doesnt surprise me one bit that he is starting to get his act together under Lambert.

Must admit I thought Lambert wasnt going to have much of an impact at Villa but I like the way he is setting up his teams and the promising players he is bringing in.

I think Delph was thrown in at the deep end and failed to adapt quick enough. It doesnt surprise me one bit that he is starting to get his act together under Lambert.

Must admit I thought Lambert wasnt going to have much of an impact at Villa but I like the way he is setting up his teams and the promising players he is bringing in.

I didn't watch Villa enough and didn't focus on him enough to judge whether he had a good season or not, but I definitely already noticed he had lots of attributes last season. He reminds me of Moussa Dembele. Strong lad who'll put himself about and win physical duels, not very creative but a tidy passer nonetheless and most importantly, he goes past players with ease right through the middle.

I didn't watch Villa enough and didn't focus on him enough to judge whether he had a good season or not, but I definitely already noticed he had lots of attributes last season. He reminds me of Moussa Dembele. Strong lad who'll put himself about and win physical duels, not very creative but a tidy passer nonetheless and most importantly, he goes past players with ease right through the middle.

He certainly has ability in there and I haven't seen either of his game this season (or even at the end of last season) to comment on whether he has progressed a lot recently but he always struck me as a strong tackler that had a bit of a hot head. When he first started playing games for Villa he looked well off the pace and quite clumsy. When I did see him last season he looked a much better player, albeit still quite raw. I think he will be a solid mid table premiership player but I would be surprised if he ever becomes more than that.

Fulham are an odd team. They have enough ability to get enough points but I wouldn't be surprised to see them go down at the same time.

i would, but I know what you mean. It's more a matter of teams being worse than them, rather than them being better. If that makes sense?