IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

9 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

You may see players jostling and holding every week but don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone actually rugby tackle like that in a football game . Owen Farrell would have been proud of that tackle

It was a stronger example I agree but where do they draw the line? Literally see grappling in most games. Mcmanaman said same thing. 

7 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

It was a stronger example I agree but where do they draw the line? Literally see grappling in most games. Mcmanaman said same thing

Which proves I’m right! 😜

Either way it was a ridiculous thing to do and it put the game beyond Watford just when it was staring to look like they might nick a point

Good result for us and that’s all that matters, let’s hope City can do us another favour here

Just now, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Which proves I’m right! 😜

Either way it was a ridiculous thing to do and it put the game beyond Watford just when it was staring to look like they might nick a point

Good result for us and that’s all that matters, let’s hope City can do us another favour here

Yep it was.  Watford looked very solid and Liverpool looked like a good version of us, lacking pace and tempo. 

hopefully city snot the crap out of Burnley. They are missing mee against us by all accounts.  

8 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Get in !

Need them to get absolutely snotted, have the legs run off them with tarkowski and pope getting straight reds for having a fight. 

a solid 8-0 for Man City would put us in a comfortable goal difference situation vs Burnley and put City favourable vs the shite

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

Yep it was.  Watford looked very solid and Liverpool looked like a good version of us, lacking pace and tempo. 

hopefully city snot the crap out of Burnley. They are missing mee against us by all accounts.  

Yeah he is not even on the bench here

Burnley actually started very brightly and had a good effort themselves y and City looked very sluggish , then created the goal out of nowhere . Since then City look in total control and look like they could get a bag full

Probably a good weekend on the whole. 

Norwich picked up a point but that isn't the worst outcome with Watford and Burnley losing. 

The teams above us all got something with Leeds and Brighton picking up a point and Brentford getting 3 points from Chelsea. The latter two clubs are safe now and Leeds probably are too, assuming they pick up another point or two here or there.

I am a little worried about Watford's fixtures. They play us, Leeds, Brentford and Burnley. They also have a game against Palace and Leicester, then tough games against City and Chelsea. Its not unrealistic to see them getting over 30 points with a good run. 

Burnley are the same. They have a decent run of fixtures and if they can find a bit of form, they could go on a little run and also get themselves over 30 points.

Norwich have no chance IMO with the points they are on and the games they have remaining. We could probably do with them beating the the other two teams mentioned.

For us, Wednesday is huge (to state the obvious). A few weeks ago I would have fancied something from Leicester but they are getting closer and closer to full strength now and they will be hard to beat again. Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal will be very tough games and Palace are better than us and will be confident from the FA Cup game. Utd can be hit and miss, I have seen them play really good in spells, then well off it in others. That then leaves us with what would normally be two very winnable games against Brentford and Watford. If we can get the three points on Wednesday, I think that will mean that we will only need to pick up 3 or 4 more points from our remaining games which must surely be achievable. 

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

Probably a good weekend on the whole. 

Norwich picked up a point but that isn't the worst outcome with Watford and Burnley losing. 

The teams above us all got something with Leeds and Brighton picking up a point and Brentford getting 3 points from Chelsea. The latter two clubs are safe now and Leeds probably are too, assuming they pick up another point or two here or there.

I am a little worried about Watford's fixtures. They play us, Leeds, Brentford and Burnley. They also have a game against Palace and Leicester, then tough games against City and Chelsea. Its not unrealistic to see them getting over 30 points with a good run. 

Burnley are the same. They have a decent run of fixtures and if they can find a bit of form, they could go on a little run and also get themselves over 30 points.

Norwich have no chance IMO with the points they are on and the games they have remaining. We could probably do with them beating the the other two teams mentioned.

For us, Wednesday is huge (to state the obvious). A few weeks ago I would have fancied something from Leicester but they are getting closer and closer to full strength now and they will be hard to beat again. Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal will be very tough games and Palace are better than us and will be confident from the FA Cup game. Utd can be hit and miss, I have seen them play really good in spells, then well off it in others. That then leaves us with what would normally be two very winnable games against Brentford and Watford. If we can get the three points on Wednesday, I think that will mean that we will only need to pick up 3 or 4 more points from our remaining games which must surely be achievable. 

I would say a very good weekend both Watford and Burnley lost, and we could make it an excellent one by getting something against West Ham.