IGNORED

Yann M'Vila

Everton are now after Rennes star Yann M'Vila according to Sky this morning.

Newcastle and Everton are joining Tottenham and Arsenal in the chase for Yann M'Vila.

Why not, Everton has beaten Arsenal before in this transfer window :) Would be a brilliant signing.

I havent found the original Sky url for this but here is what i did find.

http://bloggar.aftonbladet.se/sillyseason/2012/08/27/fler-klubbar-jagar-mvila/

Do we need him or can we afford him? by do we need him i mean i think we should be focusing on a winger and striker first?

I'd say our priority should be a dominating central midfielder with distribution so Felli can continue in the attacking role he's performing so well in. We could probably do with cloning him (Yaya Toure would do if not!!!). M'Villa is the player I'm describing but the only way we could afford him would be to sell one of our best and that's not happening!

Guest blueboy122

In an ideal world, and we brought him to the club where we would play him? No way of us pulling this one off by the way, we could never afford him? How much do they want for him? £15M?

Guest blueboy122

Newcastle (as a replacement for Tiote.)

Where has Tiote gone? Thought he had just signed a new five year deal and declared himself happy in Newcastle for life or something along those lines.

Where has Tiote gone? Thought he had just signed a new five year deal and declared himself happy in Newcastle for life or something along those lines.

If Tiote or Cabaye were to go - both being linked to other clubs. Contract/happy?! he wouldn't be the 1st to say that one day and have his head turned the next.

In an ideal world, and we brought him to the club where we would play him? No way of us pulling this one off by the way, we could never afford him? How much do they want for him? £15M?

He'd be perfect alongside Gibson doing Felli's deeper job so Felli can continue to do his more attacking job he's been doing so well! Not happening anyway - unless we've found a pot of gold somewhere!

Guest blueboy122

If Tiote or Cabaye were to go - both being linked to other clubs. Contract/happy?! he wouldn't be the 1st to say that one day and have his head turned the next.

Hyperthetical then... Like saying if Chelsea were to lose Mata,Lampard,Merelies then they would be interested any team who loses a decent midfeild player will be looking at this guy if they money. Of course not no but I can't see him going anywhere any time soon.

Guest blueboy122

He'd be perfect alongside Gibson doing Felli's deeper job so Felli can continue to do his more attacking job he's been doing so well! Not happening anyway - unless we've found a pot of gold somewhere!

Hmm I know Maroune has been outstanding in that position so far this season but I would prefer a sliky number 10 to play there so they can feed Jelly abit more then Felliani would with his flick ons, I think with him playing up there it makes the centre halfs want to hoof it more/long range pass. Rather osman or Naismith play behind Jelly and leave Maroune to dominate and destroy teams attacks.

Hyperthetical then... Like saying if Chelsea were to lose Mata,Lampard,Merelies then they would be interested any team who loses a decent midfeild player will be looking at this guy if they money. Of course not no but I can't see him going anywhere any time soon.

I'm going off the original article linking newcastle as that unamed team and the reports linking man.u/arse to cabaye/Tiote.

Guest blueboy122

I'm going off the original article linking newcastle as that unamed team and the reports linking man.u/arse to cabaye/Tiote.

O right sorry thought you just plucked Newcastle out of the blue. I would imagine he would end up there then if Tiote was to leave with him and cabaye being good freinds. And also newcastle would offer him the cash I would think.

Edited by blueboy122

Hmm I know Maroune has been outstanding in that position so far this season but I would prefer a sliky number 10 to play there so they can feed Jelly abit more then Felliani would with his flick ons, I think with him playing up there it makes the centre halfs want to hoof it more/long range pass. Rather osman or Naismith play behind Jelly and leave Maroune to dominate and destroy teams attacks.

Felli plays there for Belgium. With him up there the ball stays high up the pitch and the likes of pienaar, osman, mirallas, naismith get more of the ball in attacking areas as it sticks. I wouldn't say it's hoof ball when it goes directly to him and he brings it under control more often that not. I'd like a dogged midfielder to do the closing down and ball winning - felli can do it but he's got too much more. Watching him on villas goal showed maybe he isn't as adept as a dm - Rodwell would have thrown himself at that shot. Keep felli where he's doing so well he's playing with a proper striker now not Cahill so it works!

Felli plays there for Belgium. With him up there the ball stays high up the pitch and the likes of pienaar, osman, mirallas, naismith get more of the ball in attacking areas as it sticks. I wouldn't say it's hoof ball when it goes directly to him and he brings it under control more often that not. I'd like a dogged midfielder to do the closing down and ball winning - felli can do it but he's got too much more. Watching him on villas goal showed maybe he isn't as adept as a dm - Rodwell would have thrown himself at that shot. Keep felli where he's doing so well he's playing with a proper striker now not Cahill so it works!

... and then Dembele passes the ball backwards LOL... The number of times i've been frustrated by this...

But otherwise, Dembele is a fantastic underrated player, but he's a working midfielder and not a forward by any means. If Belgium can forge a midfield between Fellaini, WItsel and Dembele, we're set.

I think this rumor is as hopeless as when Arsenal fans thought they were in for Eden Hazard. The never were, cause he was too damn expensive for them... and you know Arsenal fans... When they hear a rumor they instantly think he's 'their' player and if another team signs him, they 'stole' the signing. Meanwhile according to Lille officials, already last year there was no team closer to signing Hazard than Chelsea.

Meanwhile on M'Vila: he's a French international and midfield prodigy, someone who has been praised for a few seasons already. Not a typical Everton signing at all, Everton usually signs hidden gems that thay under other teams' radar, cause for some reason they effectively see something that others fail to see in these players.

If it were true, which i highly doubt, you can be sure that the board is pretty damn certain that this guy is even better than everyone thinks he is.