IGNORED

Yann M'Vila

Must have failed in his appeal to get the international ban reduced, figured no reason to slug it out in a real league while he has not chance of contention. Go get the big money while it's on the table and in a couple years see if he can get a move back to a real league back into the France picture. Can't totally say I blame him.

So that bid that was mentioned was us it did sound like a deal we would do though but the fact we offered a deal like that is good signs regardless of egoistic mercenary singing for another side all about the money with him. Sell his dignity for a lot of money lets face it Russia is definately not a good move in terms of football development compared to the best league in the world the BPL but in this day and market money talks. And when cash strapped teams like us try to compete in the market we're bound to lose out on a few decent players. Investment will be needed sooner rather than later to transform us into a side challenging for European places. It doesn't even need to be as much as spurs united

Chelsea or arsenal. Say if we had the same amount to spend as Stoke or Sunderland I could see moyes finding some right gems with the money we're taking about. Stoke and Sunderland spend around 25 - 30 million in the summer.

So that bid that was mentioned was us it did sound like a deal we would do though but the fact we offered a deal like that is good signs regardless of egoistic mercenary singing for another side all about the money with him. Sell his dignity for a lot of money lets face it Russia is definately not a good move in terms of football development compared to the best league in the world the BPL but in this day and market money talks. And when cash strapped teams like us try to compete in the market we're bound to lose out on a few decent players. Investment will be needed sooner rather than later to transform us into a side challenging for European places. It doesn't even need to be as much as spurs united

Chelsea or arsenal. Say if we had the same amount to spend as Stoke or Sunderland I could see moyes finding some right gems with the money we're taking about. Stoke and Sunderland spend around 25 - 30 million in the summer.

Don't worry, Kenwright hasn't been to bed for, ooh about 3 years now trying to find an investor.

• 9 months later...

On another note I hate it when good players move to shite leagues like Russia and Turkey, Snejider being a good example.... Apart from money what the fuck would you want to play in Turkey for? Turkey is almost a third world country!

Bit of a harsh post. Russia and Turkey aren't 'shite' leagues, they're two of the better leagues in Europe outside of the top nations. I agree though that the very top players only go there for the cash, but the likes of Shakhtar (Ukraine, but the logic remains), Galatasaray and Zenit are still generally good teams.

As for Turkey being a 'third world country', pretty strange thing to say. It's fairly advanced these days and many people say Istanbul is a beautiful city (never been there myself).

I realise you were exaggerating for effect, but still.

About M'Vila himself, he's a talented boy but obviously he has attitude issues as people have said, and he does come across as a mercenary. His reputation has gone down the shitter somewhat as his stock has plummeted due to loss of form, injury and his disputes with the national team. It will be interesting to see if it retrievable. He's still young and it will be interesting to see if he will play for France again when he's eligible - possibly not as they have quite a few quality midfield options. I'd like to see him salvage his career.

I've not long come back from Turkey, and it was the best place I've ever been to. To say it's 3rd world is unusual. I was very impressed with the Turkish people, who I should add are exactly the same as us in every way, only work harder than we do. If you ever go on holiday and never visit their country you will be missing something very special.

That is why players might want to go there. I don't know if their league is great, but their country is stunning.

I've not long come back from Turkey, and it was the best place I've ever been to. To say it's 3rd world is unusual. I was very impressed with the Turkish people, who I should add are exactly the same as us in every way, only work harder than we do. If you ever go on holiday and never visit their country you will be missing something very special.

That is why players might want to go there. I don't know if their league is great, but their country is stunning.

Only thing that puts me of going to Turkey is the heat, but otherwise Ive always been intrigued.

Oh, and knowing my luck, the big earthquake thats been predicted to hit Istanbul would happen the day I arrive :rolleyes:

Been Turkey 7 times on holidays. Still always had the best holidays there, no question.

Mrs was very skeptical about Turkey, as she HATED Egypt and thought they were similar. She now holds the Turkish holiday as her favourite.

Couldn't recommend it enough. There's nightlife if you want it, relaxation if you want. So many different things to do.

Guest blueboy122

Turkey is an awful country. Full of Brits looking for a cheap holiday in the tourist areas and then outside of those places your talking war zones.

My idea of a nightmare.

Each to their own I suppose.

Guest blueboy122

Bit of a harsh post. Russia and Turkey aren't 'shite' leagues, they're two of the better leagues in Europe outside of the top nations. I agree though that the very top players only go there for the cash, but the likes of Shakhtar (Ukraine, but the logic remains), Galatasaray and Zenit are still generally good teams.

As for Turkey being a 'third world country', pretty strange thing to say. It's fairly advanced these days and many people say Istanbul is a beautiful city (never been there myself).

I realise you were exaggerating for effect, but still.

About M'Vila himself, he's a talented boy but obviously he has attitude issues as people have said, and he does come across as a mercenary. His reputation has gone down the shitter somewhat as his stock has plummeted due to loss of form, injury and his disputes with the national team. It will be interesting to see if it retrievable. He's still young and it will be interesting to see if he will play for France again when he's eligible - possibly not as they have quite a few quality midfield options. I'd like to see him salvage his career.

Fairly advanced from what perspective? Tourist areas I presume which are god awful, outside those areas your talking tribal lands and as for Istanbul... Big smelly dirty city.

As for your point regarding it being a good league.... It doesn't make sense it's like saying Iraq football leagues are good minus all the other great leagues of course. It contradicts itself. My point was why would someone choose to go there over the better leagues. Basically it's the best outside of the decent leagues like PL, seria A, la liga etc