IGNORED

fav player we had on loan/short term contract etc

I remember being excited about Jo because in his first game he scored too and looked really good, it's just a shame that he was in actual fact a pile of wank. The best players I've seen on loan here would probably be Manny Fernandes and Landon Donovan, both class acts that did really well in Royal blue.

Don't see how Matteo Ferrari is on the list though, didn't he only play a handful of games due to injury?

I remember being excited about Jo because in his first game he scored too and looked really good, it's just a shame that he was in actual fact a pile of wank. The best players I've seen on loan here would probably be Manny Fernandes and Landon Donovan, both class acts that did really well in Royal blue.

Don't see how Matteo Ferrari is on the list though, didn't he only play a handful of games due to injury?

hes on my list as when he did play he looked class!

Guest blueboy122

Are the likes of Arteta or Kevin Campbell allowed to be considered or just players who never got a full time contract?

If they're not, Manny also but for the Arsenal performance.

Love Stubbs tackle in that haha. Mind he would have been sent off for that today.

Wasn't just him, Jeffers also contributed if I remember, but Campbell did play a big part in our survival in the late 1990s when first on loan. Donovan also contributed, and was a fine player, Grand Old Team talked about nothing else.... Also McBride. Was only here for a short time, and Moyes tried to extend it but was unsuccessful. Gave a good account of himself in a short time. Tom Johnson was another we brought in from Celtic I remember when Smith was in charge, and had been a proven scorer for all his previous clubs, but only appeared briefly and it never worked out for him in the games he played for us, before he went back. (I try not to recall the Walter Smith years if I can help it) but just a player or two relevant to this thread.

Manny Fernandes.

was suprised to see his name thought I was the only one, still think other than fellaini he's the most talented midfielder weve had in a decade something must have went wrong to be looking for a club at the prime ages of your career, dont think moyes liked his attacking style of play bit like drenthe.

Who were your fav players we had on loan or short contract etc?

richard gough, matteo ferrari, jo when he scored!

I saw that guy in the MLS last time I went to go game. A quick search on google tells me he plays for Montreal Impact. I suppose Kevin Campbell gets a mention for his loan stint? He did play for us for oh I don't know 5 and a half seasons!?

Manny Fernandes for me too

I don't think Ginola has been mentioned, I was initially eager to see what he could produce, was still a big name player, but only got the one goal I think in his short time. Can't remember when exactly it was, but Smith would have been manager at the time. When we first got Ferguson on loan in '94, along with Ian Durrant, I was quite excited, as I was aware of his endeavors in the SPL, and realized we had a player of potential on our hands. We was not disappointed.

Even with all great mentions of the Straq in the other thread, no one has mentioned him here. You bunch of hypocrites wink.png

Thinking about it Straq would probably be up there as well. He didnt have the class of some of the loan players we have signed but he worked his bollocks off!

Ahem!