IGNORED

Fans Conference 2012

Very interesting and there was some good stuff in there, especially with what Elstone said. I do think he is a very genuine bloke and he gave some pretty honest answers, which isnt what you would normally expect to see from people in his position.

he reminds me of Tony Blair - all smiles, nice ideas and sound bites but all seems to be to placate.

He said AGMs are still banned because Kenwright and the board are still upset over the last time AGMs were held and ´proxies´ tried to disrupt things by asking for repeated EGMs. He said matters weren´t help by Kenwright feeling he was betrayed by all the Blue Union stuff last season. A return of AGMs is not imminent.

Read more: http://www.grandoldteam.com/news/fans-view/2012/oct/19/fans-view-everton-fans-conference-2012#ixzz2A1dAsLnw

It is fair to say that one of the reasons fans became disgruntled was the banning of AGM's - so that is a chicken and egg situation there. I respect the fact that they are sharing information with fans, however AGM's are a must and the lack of can't be excused.

It is fair to say that one of the reasons fans became disgruntled was the banning of AGM's - so that is a chicken and egg situation there. I respect the fact that they are sharing information with fans, however AGM's are a must and the lack of can't be excused.

Why so the same people can ask the same questions again? Sounds pretty pointless to me. The fans conference is good enough.

Why so the same people can ask the same questions again? Sounds pretty pointless to me. The fans conference is good enough.

The questions aren't answered deserve to be repeated. Or certainly the reason for an answer not being given must be shared to cease suspicion.

The questions aren't answered deserve to be repeated. Or certainly the reason for an answer not being given must be shared to cease suspicion.

Have you not read any BU crap? It will be the same old nonsense eg. How much is the club valued at? Where's the money Bill?

We already get more information than most clubs/businesses are willing to expose. Personally other than the plans for a new stadium I don't see what else fans would want to know. What is it you want to know?

Lol Here we go again, What is the asking price Bill ? What bids have you turned down Bill? Why have prospective takeovers fallen through, we dont care about the confidentiality agreements? What's Jennies favourite position ?

Answer ...... None of your bloody business !!!!

... and we go around and around again!

I had a look at the above link and it said 'There was free scouse for everyone (and beer)'. I didn't quite understand that, unless local supporters were allowed into the event free of charge ?

I agree also with an above response that Annual General Meetings are necessary and give a platform to supporters and with relevant people in attendance. Damn annoying for fans though that you can't always get the answers you seek.

Wasn't aware that the blue union ran the AGM's, none the less there's thousands of other questions that can be asked and answers given favourable and unfavourable.

Are we still on the "how much are we for sale for?" That would be an interesting and vital piece of information - NDA's can protect interested parties but yes an idea as to whether we can hold our breath for a sale or whether a £250m asking price is the problem.

The problem isn't the questions that would be asked, it's the clear intention to avoid Taft is a problem. Shareholders have the right to have a voice, simple as that.

KEIOC were well onto our board who tried to get us to move to a shed on the outskirts of town. They have proposed viable alternatives, exposed transport issues etc etc - idiots??? I think they exposed the idiots.

It's unfortunate that the club has frustrated fans to the extent that they have made groups to oppose their decisions, but it is what it is.

Shareholders have the right to have a voice, simple as that.

This.

The BU have a big idiot following but I think it's unfair to call KEIOC idiots. They did a good thing for this club and they did it all in the right way.

I agree. I think KEIOC were a small group and therefore easier to organise and be more directive. When they joined up as part of the BU the band wagon effect seems to bring a bit more negativity and less direction.

I suppose five voices asking three or four questions is easier to control than 100 shouting one question.

Edited by StevO

I have to admit I do have a degree of empathy and used to have maybe still have a little bit of respect for them however I cant take them seriously while they are associated with the Buffoon Union

They have done some exceptional work with the football quarter but then go and associate themselves with the "Whats the price Bill ? " throbbers,

If they want to keep their respected work and views, KEOIC need to detach themselves away from the BU. As some have said, you get a small minority of pigheaded, tunnel visioned idiots who believe everything they're 'fed'.

For KEOIC's sake, they need to detach and regroup, keep doing the good work they started.