IGNORED

Norwich

Finn balor

Felli suspended, Neville and Gibbo and Mirellas likely to be out whats gonna be the team?

I'd go

Howard

Hibbo Jags Distin Baines

Coleman Osman Pieneer Oviedo

Naismith

Jelly

Very small team and might be weak in middle of park but we'd play it on the deck

No Hitzlesberger?

I'd say we'd be unchanged from Reading, but i'd have Pienaar behind Jelly and Oviedo on the left

i would like to see Oviedo and Velios and Anichebe get a decent outing - they have not been given enough gametime to prove themselves - we know what we have on the pitch now but our bench is still a mystery to me - there might be some diamonds lying around - we just need to polish them - because our present main squad is not impressing especially against bottom of the table teams

Does anyone know how long Hibbo is out for? After Colemans performance this weekend I think we need some stability at right back. I know Coleman is an attacking outlet but at the back end of last season Hibbo provided a few assists and with Mirallas in front of him it could be very effective. We are leaking goals and something needs to be done.

Isn't it a bit early for a new match day thread, started on a Sunday that is, directly after the last one, but I can see why this occured, and not just because it's our next fixture, but no time to argue

Whatever side is available or Moyes chooses, (and let's just take away any match officials out the equation who may fuck us over once again), that the fact remains that this is going to be a tough fixture. Hughton has done brilliantly after Lambert left when many thought they would just crumble, and they've had some shock wins this season and mostly deserved.

This could be the best season for them since Walker was in charge in the 1990s if they carry on like they have been doing.

It's going to be tough for sure, but the players have the capabilities and home advantage will work in our favor, but it'll be close on the day

Everton 2 Norwich 1

Isn't it a bit early for a new match day thread, started on a Sunday that is, directly after the last one......

If you feel it's too early then you're free to withhold your contribution.

.....but no time to argue

Whatever side is available or Moyes chooses, (and let's just take away any match officials out the equation who may fuck us over once again), that the fact remains that this is going to be a tough fixture. Hughton has done brilliantly after Lambert left when many thought they would just crumble, and they've had some shock wins this season and mostly deserved.

This could be the best season for them since Walker was in charge in the 1990s if they carry on like they have been doing.

It's going to be tough for sure, but the players have the capabilities and home advantage will work in our favor, but it'll be close on the day

Everton 2 Norwich 1

But I see you copedtongue.png .

<sigh>

Not confidant about this at all.

I was really feeling we could possibly finish even top 3 this season but losing to teams such as Reading does put a dampner on things. crying.gif

If that was a prophecy done in the close season, could you send over some of those happy pills in this direction, I could do with something like that

August, November, the fact is, I don't think we will finish in a european cup place this season. Too inconsistent, team misses chances, we sail too close to the wind sometimes, I just feel a UEFA cup place should be a realistic target now. Of course it would be great to get a Top Four finish, but I just think it won't occur this season.

Once again, Norwich have a good side, and I said we will win but it's going to be a tough game for everyone involved.

i think we will win this one - reason : we are no longer a threat to the top 3 - and Norwich needs to be kept in check after beating 2 top sides - so we will play as well as we always do - but with some assistance from the officials for a change - just to keep us happy so we don't revolt because we have failed to beat 3 bottom sides playing against 12 men - very cynical i know - but that is what officials have made me this season

Er, Norwich won't be 'smashed' so to speak, and I don't like them, but you have to give them credit and say they are a good side that will cause us a number of problems. Hughton has done great after Lambert's departure and they have a fine side with lots of confidence, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they go home at the weekend with a share of the points. We do have some difficult games coming up - and it starts with this.

I didn't quite follow the chavs bit. Was that a reference to the plastics, or indeed those snides from Stamford Bridge ?

We will score, I'm sure of it, and may indeed get more than them on the day in question. We do have better players and being at home will be the deciding factor. We've had some good games with this opposition over the years.

If you look at the league even West Bromwich Albion are above us and occupy fourth place of all things, and they have a winnable game at Sunderland, so it's essential we get that victory today and no more failures before the end of game. Take the chances, don't get caught out late as often, make the advantage count, use the players like we know they can. This does represent another good opportunity to get another three points and with other sides about doing well lately and remember Arsenal can overtake in the late fixture if we don't get maximum points later today and we will lose more ground on a champions league place, so just a word of warning before fixture. There really can be no room for error today.