IGNORED

Norwich

Finn balor

Thats what you get when you come out sleeping for the second half.

Ok Naismith scored the goal but he could also easely have passed Jelavic for 2-0. What a botched chance!

No way that was a freekick at the end. Norwich gifted the goal by the ref (and by Howard, what was that?)

No motm for me. No one stood out.

Nice to see Oviedo though, can become very useful.

So so poor from us. Offered absolutely nothing after the first 20 minutes. He'll take some stick despite his goal and Naismith deserves it. Heitinga caught out over and over. Can't remember seeing Pienaar play worse, could not pick a pass, could not hold the ball, didn't defend, shocking. Jelavic looked half asleep most of the game.

Only Baines, Distin and Oviedo did well. Particularly impressed with Oviedo, only he and Baines seemed to want to drive forward. Thought the substitution came way, way too late. We were clearly tiring badly and needed something. Jelavic couldn't win anything against their CBs and support from Vellios earlier might well have helped. Naismith certainly wasn't. Feels like come May we'll look back on these last 6 weeks of easy points dropped and think about what might have been.

Edited by chicagoblue

BBC updates are fucking useless but what do you expect.

It still says we lead 1-0 with two minutes remaining, but it appears some inbred has scored for them, Yeah, there it is -

'Bassong, 90 minutes'

I don't believe I've even heard of this player. And they go and get that goal right at the end and we miss out again ?

What a load of old cunt.

All too familiar and more points wasted. Can't be asked with anymore right now. I'll maybe get back to this.

I got so exasperated after the final whistle I just spontaneously went out for for a few hours and even that didn't help much.

Ok, what do we have.

We knew before time this wouldn't be easy, they're no pushovers, have a good side, but that's more points dropped in successive weeks against lesser opposition and this champions league dream is slowly draining away.

We're not going to win the league needless to say, so that only leaves the FA cup as any winnable substance, and you know, I'd like to see us do well in that, as some only concentrate on league progress, but a bit of both would be ideal. But today, it was another frustrating day, similar outcome, I heard the referee had another poor game, what the fuck is it with these officials, it can't be a coincidence. Maybe the weather did nobody any favors up there today but every week now you read about 'it was a poor day for the referee'. Far too many occasions now, can't they find someone who's at least half competent, it is damn frustrating.

Who is it next, Arsenal I think and then someone after that I can't quite remember, but did a list recently, and there were no easy games in the immediate future.

Still irritated about today but what can you do.

sorry but i cant take anymore of heits in our defence hes absolutely awful in the air,its moyes fault for todays selection,lets just hope we get our injured players back soon but i have my doubts they will be fit in time.

Thing is, Heitinga was player of the season last year, it comes down to consistency at the end of the day Osman is the same imo. I often wonder does it have something to do with Moyes's tactic of sitting back in the second half of games. How many times have we all come on here moaning about how we only played for the first half of a game, then looked a different team after the break. We only ever play 45min of good solid attack minded football, playing to players strengths, smooth link ups between Pienaar/Baines/Osman etc etc. Then it's reversed to long balls towards Felli and Jelavic, and defending a 1/2-0 lead. How about we try the good stuff for 60-70min and see how we get on, the chances we have had in some of the games just in this season to build good early leads, and we have failed to take them imo. Edited by Simon

That was abysmal. Moyes has a problem, he has an attacking team and he can't bring himself to utilise those attributes.

sorry but i cant take anymore of heits in our defence hes absolutely awful in the air,its moyes fault for todays selection,lets just hope we get our injured players back soon but i have my doubts they will be fit in time.

Moyes had to pick the only 11 senior players that were fit/free from suspension today

Yes it was a poor performance but Moye wasnt at fault, its the fact that we have no strength in depth that is the problem

He was stripped of the services of Fellaini, Mirallas, Gibson, Hibbert, Neville, Coleman and Anichebe today so we were pretty much down to the bare bones, who is it that you think Moyes should have started with or utilised????

Anybody else think its worth giving Duffy a bit more game time? we've conceded a few from set pieces this season and with Jags and Heitinga only just over 6ft, I can't help but think Duffy might have done a better job against the likes of Holt and Morrison, I mean they're hardly the smartest of strikers, who are going to be making clever runs left, right and centre, we just struggled in the air when they hoofed it up and from set pieces. Just a thought...

Moyes had to pick the only 11 senior players that were fit/free from suspension today

Yes it was a poor performance but Moye wasnt at fault, its the fact that we have no strength in depth that is the problem

He was stripped of the services of Fellaini, Mirallas, Gibson, Hibbert, Neville, Coleman and Anichebe today so we were pretty much down to the bare bones, who is it that you think Moyes should have started with or utilised????

We should all know by now! Moyes is never, never anything to do with a defeat or a poor performance!

After all, he has nothing to do with the tactics of any given team he puts out and he certainly isn't responsible for any substitutions during the gamerofl.gif

I personally like Moyes, but to say he plays no part in a defeat or poor performance is complete rubbish.You need to get a griplaugh.png

Pretty sure Hafnia was referring to Moyes' general inability to manage an attacking team. Moyes is far too conservative by nature. Now his defence is getting all leaky, he doesn't know what to do.

Edited by formby

Pretty sure Hafnia was referring to Moyes' general inability to manage an attacking team. Moyes is far too conservative by nature. Now his defence is getting all leaky, he doesn't know what to do.

Thats just another ToffeTalk myth, surely the fact that Everton have been playing some fantastic football and have created more chances and had more shots than any other team in the top flight of any European League makes a mockery of that

Thats just another ToffeTalk myth, surely the fact that Everton have been playing some fantastic football and have created more chances and had more shots than any other team in the top flight of any European League makes a mockery of that

Not really. I would say that Moyes’ natural conservatism, his desire to protect leads rather than punish opposing teams, not to say team selections and substitutions, have cost us a lot of points this season. So, all that ‘fantastic football’ is wasted. Moyes will never change. He is what he is.

Guest blueboy122

Find it hillarious the way people are talking about Moyes on here. When clearly it was the players who didnt show up and not Moyes. Thats why we lost the game, sorry drew the game. Some members should be banned for the garbage they continually spout.

Find it hillarious the way people are talking about Moyes on here. When clearly it was the players who didnt show up and not Moyes. Thats why we lost the game, sorry drew the game. Some members should be banned for the garbage they continually spout.

Agree with blueboy122 on players not showing up but where was the substitution around the 60-70 minute mark? Team was clearly lacking in pace, strength and ideas.

DM can be blamed for his in game tactics, he hardly ever makes a substitution that turns round a match or the run of play.

But all saying that he cannot manage an attacking side are way of the mark. This season we have seen an everton playing a very attractive and attacking football

Agree with blueboy122 on players not showing up but where was the substitution around the 60-70 minute mark? Team was clearly lacking in pace, strength and ideas.

DM can be blamed for his in game tactics, he hardly ever makes a substitution that turns round a match or the run of play.

But all saying that he cannot manage an attacking side are way of the mark. This season we have seen an everton playing a very attractive and attacking football

We are not doing anything with it though thats the thing, you can hardly claim it's getting us the points we require is it? some Evertonians are equally blinkered imo and can't see past Moyes and think he is the only football manager who has ever worked under restrictive circumstances. Half the problem in this country is that we think the Premier League is the be all and end all, and anyone outside of it is not good enough, so once you run through the list of usual suspects, O'neil,Hughes,Lambert, you soon come back to Moyes. Point im trying to make is did'nt we go out of our comfort zone to get him in the first place?

Im not saying get rid btw.

Edited by Simon

Moyes has an attacking footballing team and what does he allow/make them do? Sit back and invite them, this has gotta stop. We are conceding late goals far too often - even the players expect it now.

Vellios came on with injury time remaining, WTF!!! He needs to get a grip of his in game management.

don't understand at all..moyes allowed them to play attacking football and we were winning games..yesterday we were lumping it to jelavic against them two monsters at the back?! what was that about? yes i agree his hands were tied somewhat with injuries suspensions etc but we still had osman, oviedo, naismith, pienaar and baines to play around with it...why was hibbert on the bench if he wasn't fit enough to play? why was hitzelsperger allowed to stay on for so long? barkley may not be ready but hitz was that tired barkley would have been a lot better..also i'm seriously getting worried about howard his decision making seems to be getting worse and it hasn't always been the best...why wasn't coleman playing by the way? also i'd stick duffy in with any of the other lads at the moment..we can't seem to keep clean sheets so a change up might work

so annoyed yesterday..but bad performances do happen..and we still got a draw when we could have easily lost it in that second half

Edited by marcopaulo

We were lumping it forward back when we were winning games as well. It's just that with Fellaini there, he actually brings the ball down on like 90% of balls lumped forward, gives it wide to Baines/Pienaar or Mirallas and then we can build from there. Today we didn't have that option and a lot of long balls went astray. We should have passed from the back, but they pressed much higher up the pitch in the second half (as did Reading last week) and our defenders just didn't have any other options then to hoof it as none of our midfielders seemed to understand in which space they had to be to be available to get the ball, neither did Jelavic when the ball was with a full back.