IGNORED

Everton V Wigan 26/12/2012

Hafnia

Well I thought it may have been at home, I recall a particular drab affair with this opposition and many people weren't pleased and sure it was at Goodison Park. This was in the very recent past, it was brought more into focus as it was a home game and a lot of people were less than happy about things. Four out of the last five games between the two sides have seen drawn games.

It will be a surprise, if not a damn disappointment, if Wigan take anything away from this game this time round. It's imperative we keep winning and lose those previous drawn games and frustrations if we are to continue to challenge.

all things being equal we should win - but Wigan is probably the best team in the bottom 5 -

they have also had a raw deal from officials in their last 2 matches - they are desperate with their backs against the wall -

have an uneasy feeling about this one even though on form we should bury them -

if the ref plays fair we should pull it through

Their strikers took the piss out of Heitinga last time out, and I haven't seen much to suggest anything will be different if we don't cover our asses with some pace at the back.

Distin is a must.

Eliaquim Mangala? Young, pacy, very talented, good ethics and commits few fouls. Not going to be too expensive. worth considering if we sell Fellaini.

Well I thought it may have been at home, I recall a particular drab affair with this opposition and many people weren't pleased and sure it was at Goodison Park. This was in the very recent past, it was brought more into focus as it was a home game and a lot of people were less than happy about things. Four out of the last five games between the two sides have seen drawn games.

It will be a surprise, if not a damn disappointment, if Wigan take anything away from this game this time round. It's imperative we keep winning and lose those previous drawn games and frustrations if we are to continue to challenge.

I think we drew 0-0 with them two years ago in December at Goodison... Can't remember if it was 0-0 or 1-1.

It's hard to imagine Jelavic possibly having such a bad game again so soon and Peanuts really is buzzing at the moment. Osman is getting the opportunities too so I can see a really good result on the cards here providing we can tighten up at the back and concentrate a little more......the recent goals against us have been almost laughable...schoolboy stuff in some cases.

Looking at the rest of the Prem 'keepers, I think Tim is really only adaequate at best and I reckon a replacement must be on Moyes' New Year wish list.

All that said, a cracking 4-1 win is not too much to expect. As someone said earlier, a tonking is on the cards for someone....I reckon it's Wigan!

Tim is a great keeper. His run in PL proves it. He has had a few dodgy games. Id also like to see a new keeper at Everton, to provide some competition but to say that Tim is just adaequate is laughable.

If EFC can pay it, they can rent Courtois from Chelsea. They promised him a loan spell at a Premier League club before going to Chelsea itself. So he can adjust to the EPL. But I'll warn you, this lad isn't going to come cheap. A season loan for this guy will probably half as expensive as buying Butland, which does make you think twice :P

If EFC can pay it, they can rent Courtois from Chelsea. They promised him a loan spell at a Premier League club before going to Chelsea itself. So he can adjust to the EPL. But I'll warn you, this lad isn't going to come cheap. A season loan for this guy will probably half as expensive as buying Butland, which does make you think twice tongue.png

I think we should avoid Butland, i can see us being pulled into an auction there and we can't afford that.

Eliaquim Mangala? Young, pacy, very talented, good ethics and commits few fouls. Not going to be too expensive. worth considering if we sell Fellaini.

Not sure about him not being expensive. Porto are great negotiators and they definitely rate him. Mangala would be brilliant for us though.

Anyway I have a good feeling about this one. 3-1 win, Jelavic to get back to scoring ways.

I'm sensing a clean sheet, we're long overdue one.

Comfortable 3-0....all in the first half (these late wins are bad for my heart). Osman, Jelly & Gibson.

I feel were going to get a clean sheet in this game too. Like you said its been loooong overdue!

I can see Jelly getting more than one this game I dont know why. I dont want to sound stupid but my guts saying hes going to bang in 3 today! My brain says two tho.

3-0 Jelly (2) + Gibo screamer.

Let's see how we do without Fellaini, Mirallas and Coleman.

Especially curious to see how Moyes will try to neutralize Everton's holding midfield issue.

Could we expect something like this?

Howard

D E F E N S E

Pienaar - Osman - Gibson - Oviedo

Naismith

Jelavic

Still wondering whether this calls for Barkley or not...

Edit: Okay never mind, apparently it's going to be

Okay never mind, apparently it's gonna be

Howard

Jagielka - Distin - Heitinga - Baines

Osman - Nevillle - Gibson - Pienaar

Anichebe - Jelavic
Edited by Mirallas

Let's see how we do without Fellaini, Mirallas and Gibson.

Especially curious to see how Moyes will try to neutralize Everton's holding midfield issue.

Gibson can play.

Kammy's covering the game today.

Brief_CK_normal.jpgChris Kamara@chris_kammy

Just arrived at Goodison Everton v Wigan, should be an absolute cracker. We do not have a Soccer Extra tomorrow so back 2 Shakey after match

Edited by pete0

Lol @ Fergies rants on Newcastle and it's 0-1 after 4 minutes for the Toons biggrin.png

Chant ringing out from the Geordie faithful―We thought you were dead / We thought you were dead / Robin van Persie…We thought you were dead!

Few early corners, need to make the most of them.