IGNORED

Mirallas Injury

drs08

Not sure about this publicly coming out?

But behind closed doors this would have been a smart move by Moyse.

We all know Mirallas has the ability, he just needs to get his fitness up to prem standards.Once he gets there he has the potential to be a world class player. he just needs to get the Everton mentality engrained in his system then we can watch him ignite.

But at this moment, he may only be in games for spells, but those spells are ending up as goals. Isnt that what all the special players around the world do.

Lol Might stop people moaning at Moyes for bringing him off

"

But he continues to be hampered by a succession of niggly injuries, which have occasionally prompted the 25-year-old to signal to the bench that he wants to come off."

"

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

I also found hit weird him stating publicly:

"I look at him and he's signalling to me with 15 minutes to go, so maybe he's not quite got what's required at Everton or the Premier League."

Bit harsh, especially in the public domain no!?

Hope he's not trying to fuel his own departure. Mirallas is one of the best players we've had this season, next season he will be even better because he will have had a full summer to get himself fit. I can understand his comments about him coming off too easily because he's been failing to make 90 minutes in most of the games he's taken part in but to say he isn't good enough for Everton is rather strange.

It could just be a bizarre double bluff to keep teams away from him.

Can I hear a few of you say "Sorry David, for slagging you off every time he was subbed" ? dry.png

* Taps fingers waiting for the first to have the balls and say they were wrong.

That's okay, we'll just get on Davey for basically saying Mirallas isn't good enough for Everton.

I've not slagged Moyes off for subbing him....but...

Questionable management if a player asks to come off because he's tired and the manager says, "Sure son, have a rest."

Should he not be saying, "Everyone's tired! Dig deep and get the f'ck on with it!"?

That's okay, we'll just get on Davey for basically saying Mirallas isn't good enough for Everton.

He didnt say he wasnt good enough for Everton, he was referring to his fitness not being good enough

I look at him and he’s signalling to me with 15 minutes to go - so maybe he’s not quite got what’s required at Everton or the Premier League.

What he has got in abundance though is pace, ability, he can score goals, he can take you on and he can play in two or three different positions.

I'm sure I seen mirallas show a bit of petulence when being subbed against Wigan - must have dreamed it. Maybe he was fuming that he wanted to be taken off earlier despite being the only player who looked like he wanted to win.

Strange that Moyes is highlighting Mirallas yet again - uncalled for in my opinion, this belongs behind closed doors, not for press consumption.

BTW has Davie solved the issue of Leon Osman being shattered after 55 minutes yet? I see more running out of mirallas at 80mins than I do out of ossie after 55... Yet again Mirallas comes under moyes microscope despite being our best performer of recent. Strange.

I'm sure I seen mirallas show a bit of petulence when being subbed against Wigan - must have dreamed it. Maybe he was fuming that he wanted to be taken off earlier despite being the only player who looked like he wanted to win.

Strange that Moyes is highlighting Mirallas yet again - uncalled for in my opinion, this belongs behind closed doors, not for press consumption.

BTW has Davie solved the issue of Leon Osman being shattered after 55 minutes yet? I see more running out of mirallas at 80mins than I do out of ossie after 55... Yet again Mirallas comes under moyes microscope despite being our best performer of recent. Strange.

Yet again, regardless of anybody else, it's Moyes that 'you' look to criticise.

I think justifiably so to be honest - I don't see how going to the press is going to sort out something that should be dealt with inhouse. If I was Mirallas I certainly wouldn't be happy, he busts a gut whilst there a few passengers that could be looked at instead. Moyes seems to want to put the emphasis of him being subbed on mirallas - we will see.

Moyes on Mirallas:

He's had a lot of niggles. He's nearly not quite adapted to what the Premier League means and how the games go," Moyes said.

"I look at him and he's signalling to me with 15 minutes to go - so maybe he's not quite got what's required at Everton or the Premier League.

"What he has got in abundance though is pace, ability, he can score goals, he can take you on and he can play in two or three different positions."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11671/8630699/Kevin-Mirallas-must-get-tough-if-he-is-to-succeed-at-Everton-says-David-Moyes

Moyes on Mirallas:

He's had a lot of niggles. He's nearly not quite adapted to what the Premier League means and how the games go," Moyes said.

"I look at him and he's signalling to me with 15 minutes to go - so maybe he's not quite got what's required at Everton or the Premier League.

"What he has got in abundance though is pace, ability, he can score goals, he can take you on and he can play in two or three different positions."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11671/8630699/Kevin-Mirallas-must-get-tough-if-he-is-to-succeed-at-Everton-says-David-Moyes

Finger on the pulse as always Louisrofl.gif .

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/24787-mirallas-injury/?p=336259

Guest blueboy122

Is he wrong though avin? I thought Moyes was the one who made the sub decisions so obviously Haf will be talking about the manger.

You need to build a bridge and get over the fact that he has a different opinion of Moyes to you and stop making every thread about you and Haf. I personally think its a good thing that we have fans on both sides of the Moyes debate. So do me a favour and stop whining about Haf all the time most of the time he is spot as well and in this case he is again spot on, Moyes makes the sub decisions and needs to realise when we play osman we play practically the whole second half with 10 men.

He didnt say he wasnt good enough for Everton, he was referring to his fitness not being good enough

I look at him and he’s signalling to me with 15 minutes to go - so maybe he’s not quite got what’s required at Everton or the Premier League.

What he has got in abundance though is pace, ability, he can score goals, he can take you on and he can play in two or three different positions.

Fair enough, but I'm still not a fan of his recent public comments on Mirallas. From my perspective, it would seem to be a confidence-killer -- but at the same time, maybe Mirallas thrives under pressure and Moyes knows this?

I'm beating a dead horse when I say this but: my problem isn't with Moyes subbing Mirallas out; it has to do with who he is subbing in Mirallas' place.

Is he wrong though avin? I thought Moyes was the one who made the sub decisions so obviously Haf will be talking about the manger.

You need to build a bridge and get over the fact that he has a different opinion of Moyes to you and stop making every thread about you and Haf. I personally think its a good thing that we have fans on both sides of the Moyes debate. So do me a favour and stop whining about Haf all the time most of the time he is spot as well and in this case he is again spot on, Moyes makes the sub decisions and needs to realise when we play osman we play practically the whole second half with 10 men.

If I want to 'whine' I'll whine. Do 'me' a favour and quit with the Haf presumptions. I get on fine with Haf. I'm not telling him he is a ??? I'm debating with him, that he seems to miss any positives. I don't agree with everything Moyes does, but if I am to criticise him over one issue, I can't do that with any credibility unless I acknowledge the positives. Some of you seem to refuse to do that.

A few weeks ago Moyes challenged Mirallas to recover his early season form and to score more goals, some people in here inevitably had a go at Moyes because he used the media to challenge him and didn't do it behind closed doors.

The result was that Mirallas has now scored 3 in his last 4 league games and looks to be getting back to his best

Damn Moyes for getting the best out of his players shaking%20fist.png

A few weeks ago Moyes challenged Mirallas to recover his early season form and to score more goals, some people in here inevitably had a go at Moyes because he used the media to challenge him and didn't do it behind closed doors.

The result was that Mirallas has now scored 3 in his last 4 league games and looks to be getting back to his best

Damn Moyes for getting the best out of his players shaking%20fist.png

Does that really have anything to do with Moyes, or does it have to do with Mirallas recovering from his injuries? I don't think he has been at 100% since his arrival, but he was fit enough to start a few games and looked in best shape since his arrival. Maybe a little bit of both.

Not saying you're wrong at all. Just postulating.

I dont think the moans are at Moyes replacing Mirallas, its more the fact that he is replacing him with Naismith! The argument is that pace can be an important part of counter attacking late in games and the pace of Mirallas for the plod of Naismith is counterproductive. Although dont let what the majority have said get in the way of bashing the Moyes bashers tongue.png

Like Haf, I thought he looked pissed when he was hooked against Wigan, and I have never seen him make a signal to the bench other than the time he felt his hammy (against Stoke I think?). Maybe he has a secret signal like they do in Team America. I might have to try and catch some of the replays to see if I can see Mirallas waiving his arms frantically above his head!

Here's a bit more - the more said, the more it seems in context e.g Moyes qualifies what he says without it sounding so harsh...

Moyesy said: "He's had a lot of niggles. He's nearly not quite adapted to what the Premier League means and how the games go.

"What he has got in abundance though is pace, ability, he can score goals, he can take you on and he can play in two or three different positions.

"But we're finding that we're getting 60 or 70 minutes into games and thinking will he keep going? Will he pick up an injury? Will he lose concentration?

"His ability is not in question but there are a lot of players who can take time to get used to the Premier League.

"He missed three months through the middle, so he's had a bit at the start and now at the end. So maybe he's not quite got up to match speed all the time and we may have to deal with it to the end of the season.

"When you stay at Everton for a time it gets you used to it. Look at how Marouane Fellaini has recently played with injuries, look at Phil Jagielka and Tim Howard.

"That mentality grows on you when you have been here a while, so when you're new to it maybe he's not aware that's what you do at Everton.

"Because we don't have the numbers, or in some cases the quality at times, when we can say 'Don't worry you can come out because we've got someone to replace you'.

"We need people to play in two or three positions which he can do - but quite often you have to go out there when you're not always at 100 per cent."

"It is the manager who decides how long you stay out on the field but he is leaving me out there more and more for longer in each game and I think he can tell I am feeling fitter and lasting more into games now."

Bit contradictory to Moyes' previous comments is it not?

"It is the manager who decides how long you stay out on the field but he is leaving me out there more and more for longer in each game and I think he can tell I am feeling fitter and lasting more into games now."

Bit contradictory to Moyes' previous comments is it not?

probably standing up for himself, cant say I blame him either