IGNORED

Who would you sell ? Fellaini v Baines

Avinalaff

Who would you sell if one had to go ?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you sell if one had to go ?

• Leighton Baines
    • Marouanne Fellaini

I would be gutted to see either player leave but if push came to shove then its a no brainer, it would have to be Felli

As has already been said we would get twice as much money foe Felli and he would be easier to replace

I have never seen Oviedo play at LB, apart from a brief cameo in the last round of the cup, so I have no idea whether or not he could cut it in that position in the Prem

Also if loaning out Barkley has the desired effect then we could already have Felli's replacement at the club, ok its not like for like but I just feel with the inroduction of Barkley, if he fulfills his potential, and the best part of £30M to strengthen the side might not be all bad

I would actually argue that Felli is also one of the best in world football when he is played in his natural position. Its easy for Baines because there is only one place for him to play, but if Felli was used to sit infront of the back four in a midfield 5 then as far as I am concerned there isnt anyone better.

I agree that Baines is probably more important to our general play at the moment than Fellaini and therefore the latter would be the one sho should depart if it were necessary. However, I would argue that having Fellaini in our team when utilised correctly could help us become a Premiership challenging team where as Baines couldnt on his own. If you built a team around Fellaini we would still be a top team. If you built a team around Baines then you wouldnt.

Baines is great, but Felli is WC and in a harder position.

I don't agree. I think Baines is the one who's special. There's a lot of bland left backs in the Prem (and the rest of the world), very few actually offer something special going forward. Baines does. I don't think there's a left back out there that could offer us as much as he does for the money he'd get us. I think the top clubs will be looking for someone a bit younger and won't pay big for him.

However, there's bunches of great midfielders out there that could replace Fellaini imo. Newcastle just signed one (Moussa Sissoko) for like £2,5m. Imagine how much we could improve our squad if Fellaini went for 22m or whatever his release clause is.

Here's one for you all... Would fellaini get in an everton all time 11? For me no. Ball, Harvey, Kendall would take some ousting, then you have bracewell, reidy who would probably pip him.

Baines - he's got left back for me.

Fellaini is probably better than all those mate. Football has moved on from the old days.

He still has best part of a decade to write his own history, so far too early to be comparing him to guys who finished their careers.

Baines is world class, felli can be. That's the difference. Felli can look like a Sunday league half pissed player at times. How many man united esque performances has he made this season? Not enough.

Has Baines ever completely dominated the opposition like Felli has against Man City? Modric was sold for over £30 mil and Felli is a much better player. Baines would be £25 mil maximum in his peak.

Baines isn't WC Ashley Cole and Cafu was, but Baines is only better now because they're old/retired.

Baines is world class, felli can be. That's the difference. Felli can look like a Sunday league half pissed player at times. How many man united esque performances has he made this season? Not enough.

But how many times has he played in his best position? Baines wouldnt look world class if he was played at right back or left wing but Fellaini has played the whole of this season out of his best position.

Im not trying to knock Baines in the slightest because I love the guy but left backs dont have as much influence on the game as a central midfielder can. I dont deny that we could sell Fellaini and get someone in who can do what he does now for cheaper, but there are very few players in world football that I have seen who could do what he is capable of, certainly non in the EPL.

Edited by Bailey

Felli had his best game for us playing up against man united. I don't like the fact moyes deploys him in a Duncan ferguson role... But if you look at the midfield permutations you can cover for a fellaini with far more options than you could cover for a baines. Baines is an attacking left back, and at that the best in the world.

Fellaini is a midfielder and probably in the top 10-15 in the world. Baines pound for pound is the most valuable player we have - but we wouldn't get that value. Felli we would.

Sometimes i think some of our fans watch a completely diffrent everton each week. World class means a player who could perform in any team in the world right now. Baines is that player. there is literally nobody as good as him in his position in the entire world right now. Opta stats have proved it, and we get to witness it. Felli, is a great player BUT doesn't like playing where he is most effective. When we play him deep, we are unplayable because he is almost impossible to run past. our attacking plays know this and play without fear, giving us the beautiful interplay between nuts/leighton/ossie and now mirallas too. Play felli in the hole and we might as well cash in, buy a good RB (sorry, i just don't think seamus will ever cut it) and by f**king emile heskey, who will do the same job.

Sometimes i think some of our fans watch a completely diffrent everton each week. World class means a player who could perform in any team in the world right now. Baines is that player. there is literally nobody as good as him in his position in the entire world right now. Opta stats have proved it, and we get to witness it. Felli, is a great player BUT doesn't like playing where he is most effective. When we play him deep, we are unplayable because he is almost impossible to run past. our attacking plays know this and play without fear, giving us the beautiful interplay between nuts/leighton/ossie and now mirallas too. Play felli in the hole and we might as well cash in, buy a good RB (sorry, i just don't think seamus will ever cut it) and by f**king emile heskey, who will do the same job.

Great post.

I would really like to see McCarthy from Wigan here. Get the ball down and play it, utilise the clever players like baines, ossie, pienaar. Use the pace of Mirallas, most importantly keep hold of the fucking thing, rather than looking to hoof it to the Afro in the distant horizon.

If one has to go its felli, great player but wasted at the moment.

Sadly felli has said many times he doesn't see himself as a DM. Such a pity, because he is a briliant one, but an average attacking mid. With the proffits from his sale we could fix every area we are weak in. For 25m we could have new RB (clyne)/DM (ofoe)/GK (butland) and a few youngsters for the future.

Edited by Blueherts

Sadly felli has said many times he doesn't see himself as a DM. Such a pity, because he is a briliant one, but an average attacking mid. With the proffits from his sale we could fix every area we are weak in. For 25m we could have new RB (clyne)/DM (ofoe)/GK (butland) and a few youngsters for the future.

He always says his preferred position is there, but he's willing to play anywhere the manager tells him.

I stand corrected. Which makes moyes choices even more confusing.

When we have a full first eleven, Fellaini has done very well in an attacking role, holding the ball up and spreading the play. I think he is just an all round footballer. If we play all the players in the preferred role, we will probably have a few empty positions.

neither, since we dont need to.

I'll bet you're the life and soul of every party. dont know.gif

Aren't there other threads you could be posting in if you have no interest? Perhaps you could find an Iron Maiden appreciation thread somewhere so that you could post that you don't listen to music.doh.gif