Southampton (H)...Nikica Jelavic

Leeds (A)...Victor Anichebe

Swansea (A)...Victor Anichebe

Newcastle (H)...Leighton Baines

West Brom (A)...Leon Osman

Leyton Orient (H)...Kevin Mirallas

Aston Villa (A)...Steven Pienaar

Manchester United (H)...Marouane Fellaini

What's all the radio thing, has Everton TV closed down or something ?

I didn't see the game either, or at least I tried to in way of some highlights - but you can't see much with about 30 seconds of goddamn action, that the always excellent ITV gave us - and how the fuck did Altrincham against Middlesbrough get three times as long highlights than our game.

I voted because I'm eligible to, and therefore give the vote to Heitinga. Maybe he didn't deserve it, but it's because of him we have a place in the fifth round of the competition. Maybe there weren't many (other) players once again that fully deserved the honors also.

From what i heard on the radio i gave it to Pienaar. Reason is that he made a few bad decisions but each time he did he seemed to have the ball a few seconds later trying again. He also had the first chance that excited the commentators. So for his involvment in the match and willingness to recieve the ball and try, he gets my vote.

Did not watch, did not listen, so I cant vote.

I think it was an offensive change bringing Heits on. From what I have read about the game, Jelavic wasnt getting anywhere against Boltons CBs. I can see Moyes bringing Heits on to cover in CM while pushing Felli forward to test Notlobs CBs.

It worked, although i dont think anyone could claim that they thought Heits would do the job. He was merely put on as a destructive force allowing Felli to go forward. I think its a good substitution to make. Given what was on the bench. DM knows his shit, lets let him get on with it.

Some are calling him lucky, I say luck has nothing to do with it.

Its like calling a sales person jammy for finding a client that spends a shitload of money, only to realise that he has made ten times more sales calls to prospects.

You create your own luck

Edited by Peter H

Did not watch, did not listen, so I cant vote.

I think it was an offensive change bringing Heits on. From what I have read about the game, Jelavic wasnt getting anywhere against Boltons CBs. I can see Moyes bringing Heits on to cover in CM while pushing Felli forward to test Notlobs CBs.

It worked, although i dont think anyone could claim that they thought Heits would do the job. He was merely put on as a destructive force allowing Felli to go forward. I think its a good substitution to make. Given what was on the bench. DM knows his shit, lets let him get on with it.

Some are calling him lucky, I say luck has nothing to do with it.

Its like calling a sales person jammy for finding a client that spends a shitload of money, only to realise that he has made ten times more sales calls to prospects.

You create your own luck

How many times has that tactical change back fired? It's worked once, a CB scoring a winner is hardly justification it's pure luck.

How many times has that tactical change back fired? It's worked once, a CB scoring a winner is hardly justification it's pure luck.

Normally when Heitinga or a Cb back come on for Jelly at the end of a game it's in order to drop deeper and shore things up, although invariably it never works. I do believe that this was a different type of change like Peter said, an offensive change. I don't think Moyes made the change thinking Heitinga was going to score, he made it so everyone could push into the box...which they did and put a lot more pressure on Bolton. We scored from it, end of!

Im not having a pop at people watching the game on streams/TV but maybe you couldnt see the change in formation when Hietinga came on

It was pretty obvious it was not a defensive move you could see that by the shape of the team. People who are just looking at the fact we replaced a forward with a CB need to look beyond that and see the bigger picture, if you will forgive the pun!

Jelavic had absolutely no joy all game so Felli was pushed up to replace him and cause a bit of havoc. Johnny took over the holding midfielder role which released Osman to move into a more advanced role. Ok he didnt put Johnny on thinking he would personally grab the winner but Osman,who had been having a shocker, suddenly started getting into the game and looking more like the Osman we know and Felli was involved in the chaos in their area that led to the goal.

So I would say his tactics were spot on and to call it pure luck is ignorant

As MoyesForPM said, DM didn't put Heitinga on to score. He put him on to allow Felli and Osman to take a step forward to apply much needed pressure on Bolton's CB's. It was an offensive substitution. Heitinga scoring could be down to luck, but the chance came from the added pressure. In other words the luck was created. You don't just get lucky, you do something that gives you the chance to get lucky.

If you ask 100 girls if they want to blow you, without paying for any drinks or any chit chat you might get 99 slaps and 1 blowjob. Is that lucky?

It would have been simpler to just bring Vellios on instead surely? Heitinga was basically a like for like not attacking and not defensive.

You can understand why he has done it but its all arse about tit.

Him and Benitez must be right up there for the oddest 'tactical' substitute award!

Im not having a pop at people watching the game on streams/TV but maybe you couldnt see the change in formation when Hietinga came on

It was pretty obvious it was not a defensive move you could see that by the shape of the team. People who are just looking at the fact we replaced a forward with a CB need to look beyond that and see the bigger picture, if you will forgive the pun!

Jelavic had absolutely no joy all game so Felli was pushed up to replace him and cause a bit of havoc. Johnny took over the holding midfielder role which released Osman to move into a more advanced role. Ok he didnt put Johnny on thinking he would personally grab the winner but Osman,who had been having a shocker, suddenly started getting into the game and looking more like the Osman we know and Felli was involved in the chaos in their area that led to the goal.

So I would say his tactics were spot on and to call it pure luck is ignorant

not really. Defender on for your striker when you should be pushing to win the game, hoping that an exhausted Ossie would make the difference? Im not saying it was 100% luck but it played a massive part.

It would have been simpler to just bring Vellios on instead surely? Heitinga was basically a like for like not attacking and not defensive.

You can understand why he has done it but its all arse about tit.

Him and Benitez must be right up there for the oddest 'tactical' substitute award!

Sometimes a little out of the box thinking pays off. We are due good fortune this season, and maybe it is a turning point.

We were pushing to win the game and we did ib fact win it so his tactical change worked

naive to think luck didnt play a part imo. I cant argue further as i didnt see the game and radio coverage was crap, but stick by my thinking none the less. In my world you'd throw another striker on, you dont turn to a CDM to win a game. Moyes was suring up the midfield with a defensive minded player - prio 1; dont concede. The fact that change meant the win too was down to luck, regardless of who it freed up to move further up the pitch after 80 odd mins.

naive to think luck didnt play a part imo. I cant argue further as i didnt see the game and radio coverage was crap, but stick by my thinking none the less. In my world you'd throw another striker on, you dont turn to a CDM to win a game. Moyes was suring up the midfield with a defensive minded player - prio 1; dont concede. The fact that change meant the win too was down to luck, regardless of who it freed up to move further up the pitch after 80 odd mins.

Thats the entire point, we didnt turn to Heitinga to win the game, we turned to Felli and Osman, the fact Johhny scored was just a bonus

He thought Felli would be more efffective than Vellios and given his form this season I would tend to agree. We were lucky to still be in the game because for the majority of the match Bolton were the better side, but to say it was a lucky substition is the naive part in my eyes

Luck obviously plays a part in any game of football but he made a tactical change that worked. Jelavic wasnt getting a sniff so was completely ineffective. Osman playing in a more advanced role gave us the initiative and Felli was the man who kept the ball in play to tee Hietinga up so I would say it was a pretty effective change

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

Thats the entire point, we didnt turn to Heitinga to win the game, we turned to Felli and Osman, the fact Johhny scored was just a bonus

He thought Felli would be more efffective than Vellios and given his form this season I would tend to agree. We were lucky to still be in the game because for the majority of the match Bolton were the better side, but to say it was a lucky substition is the naive part in my eyes

Luck obviously plays a part in any game of football but he made a tactical change that worked. Jelavic wasnt getting a sniff so was completely ineffective. Osman playing in a more advanced role gave us the initiative and Felli was the man who kept the ball in play to tee Hietinga up so I would say it was a pretty effective change

I see where youre coming from, but it seems strange that Ossie going further forward (who has looked exhausted the last couple of games) made a difference in the last 10 mins. Like I said, I didnt see the game so cant really comment, I can only repeat myself.

Vellios' form isnt comparible because hes not given the chance to play, nor is he in the same league of skill. But, last time I saw him come on, he helped us turn 1-0 into 2-1... I think thats were some people might be coming from.