IGNORED

What if....

Matt

Right, this is complete conjecture based on the papers this morning and the fact I havent quite calmed down from yesterdays "performance"...

I didnt want to put it in Avins thread http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/24814-david-moyes-sign-or-go/page__st__240#entry329769 because this is purely hypothetical thread and that one is serving a purpose of debate. So play nice and dont take it too seriously.

So, hypothetically, if Moyes heads to Chelski, taking Felli and Baines for 50m with him (again, based on the rumours of todays papers), name your manager and what he should do with the money.

I like Martinez and would like to see him given a chance at Everton. As for players he would hopefully bring McCarthy with him and we could revive our interest in Fer. We'd obviously need to look for a left back as well and there should be enough left for a good striker and for a wide player to replace Pienaar (McGeady?). And assuming we'd sell Heitinga as well, a new centre back. I think this should be relatively realistic.

I dont know much about European managers but the only two domestic managers I would be interested in are Laudrup and Martinez so it would have to be one of them.

Firstly I wouldnt just get rid of them two. As far as I am concerned there is no point paying Heitinga £50-60k to sit on the bench so I would be inclined to let him go for anything upwards of £5mil. I would also try and offload those players that arent going to hack it in Europe, as surely that must be the goal. Therefore I would try and sell Naismith, Anichebe and Gueye which would probably realise another 5-8mil. I would also promote the likes of Lundstram, Kennedy and Hammar into the first team fold. I have seen bits of all of them and unless a suitable club want to take them on loan, I would make sure they are brought into main squad.

In order to replace Baines I would look at Luke Shaw of Soton. To say I was impressed with him against us is an understatement and he will be a top player for years to come. Not sure what the price would be and it will probably depend on them going down but somewhere in the region of £5-8mil wouldnt be unreasonable. If Soton wouldnt let him go at the price then I do like the Swansea LB, Davies I think. He isnt a world beater but he looks solid and attacks well and also wouldnt cost a fortune. Bertrand from Chelsea might also be available at a decent price if Baines went there.

Not sure who I would buy to replace Felli but I know SteveE, Ten and some of the Belgian brigade like the look of a defensive midfielder and at this theoretical stage I would trust their judgment. Not sure of his price tag but maybe £10mil max?

After that we need a striker, a winger and a couple of attacking midfielders. If Martinez was the manager I would be interested in getting N'Zogbia from Villa, especially if they go down.He is starting to show a return to form and I think he would be a very good player to have in the squad at a relatively small cost. Martinez got the most out of him at Wigan and I would back him to do the same here. McCarthy would be another Wigan old boy I would be interested in but I wouldnt want to spend much more than 6-7mil.

I have no idea about a striker I would bring in but I would enquire about Lukaku either on loan or to buy. I expect his price to far exceed what we could pay but worth a chance IMO.

I would also look at Eriksen from Ajax, I think someone mentioned his contract is set to run out soonish so that would be an interesting option as I imagine Laudrup might be able to reel him in. I wouldnt be against Fer coming in either as he looks the type of dynamic player we would need.

Other than that I would look at getting in a couple more of these promising youngsters that seem to be doing the rounds. We have to seriously look at being a club which brings on these players before selling them on at much bigger prices. If the likes of Ajax and Arsenal have to do it then we will too. If they dont do as well as we expect then we should still be able to make our money back but if they do well then we should be able to sell them for a lot more than we bought them for, like we will be doing with Felli and Baines in this example!

As you can probably tell, I am a little bored and havent played FM for a few years :).

My first instinct for the boss to replace Moyes would be Michael Laudrup at Swansea. He has led them to silver-ware in his first season with them and had worked wonders with Brondby. I think he's a Moyes 'type' manager too, he brought Michu in on the cheap and just look at what he has become. I think he is someone that could lead us to silver-ware even with the tight financial restraints that we have at the club.

As for who comes in player-wise I'd like to see us bring over Michu and sell Jelavic. I'd also like a big name signing seeing as we have £50 million lying around, Joao Moutinho perhaps? wub.png

I haven't seen any of todays 'news' papers and haven't read any latest rumors, but this thread is exactly what's being said on the other all said. And furthermore, don't all threads serve a purpose of debate, so what's the deal here. Looks like I am taking it too seriously, but it won't change.

Say it again and one of my first choices would be O Neill. I feel he's wasted at Sunderland but if he had the money, who to buy ? Lambert at Southampton would be a good purchase, Lescott may be leaving again at end of season at MCFC but would supporters really have him back, and that Dzenko striker they have, who hasn't really fitted in, could be a good signing. Fer and that other player we missed out on in the recent window, would be considered. Iniesta or Klose would be great, or maybe we could even get the latter on a free and bring them both in.

Don't say Laudrup has won something either in the above as that's merely a disrespect to the opposition today and the game still has a long way to go. No match is over until the final whistle you understand and once again not keen on Laudrup as manager, despite what may well occur today. How will he do next season ? Could be another McLeish scenario for all we know.

Don't say Laudrup has won something either in the above as that's merely a disrespect to the opposition today and the game still has a long way to go. No match is over until the final whistle you understand.

There are 20 minutes to go and Bradford City are 4-0 down. The game has been over for a long time.

Iniesta or Klose would be great

rofl.gifrofl.gif

Bailey - would you not just promote Garbutt as Baines' replacement? Why bother spending a big fee on a LB when he could step up.

You know what I completely forgot about him! Oops. Yeh Id have him in there for sure although I still think that Shaw will be top class and if the fee was right Id bring him in.

You know what I completely forgot about him! Oops. Yeh Id have him in there for sure although I still think that Shaw will be top class and if the fee was right Id bring him in.

I certainly like Shaw but I think midfield is where we really need to spend money, and we could afford to promote from within at LB, IMO.

I haven't seen any of todays 'news' papers and haven't read any latest rumors, but this thread is exactly what's being said on the other all said. And furthermore, don't all threads serve a purpose of debate, so what's the deal here. Looks like I am taking it too seriously, but it won't change.

Say it again and one of my first choices would be O Neill. I feel he's wasted at Sunderland but if he had the money, who to buy ? Lambert at Southampton would be a good purchase, Lescott may be leaving again at end of season at MCFC but would supporters really have him back, and that Dzenko striker they have, who hasn't really fitted in, could be a good signing. Fer and that other player we missed out on in the recent window, would be considered. Iniesta or Klose would be great, or maybe we could even get the latter on a free and bring them both in.

Don't say Laudrup has won something either in the above as that's merely a disrespect to the opposition today and the game still has a long way to go. No match is over until the final whistle you understand and once again not keen on Laudrup as manager, despite what may well occur today. How will he do next season ? Could be another McLeish scenario for all we know.

Geez... rolleyes.gif Wasnt supposed to be a debate, was supposed to be a fun hypothetical. But since youre not going along with that...

O Neill? Had a fortune at Villa, accomplished nothing. Sunderland, had a fortune and has accomplished nothing.

Lambert is 31 and is a big fish in a small pond. Good player, but not a player Id bring in.

Lescott is 31 in the summer and a player with a history of knee injuries.

Edin Dzeko is a good call. Fer... Still think people are hung up on the excitement that we were linked with a new player. Iniesta / Klose?! Why not Pele and Maradonna?

Swansea won 5-0 convincingly... I agree however, he is in his first season, who knows how he will do next season. I still think though, considering his history elsewhere, hes a good shout. Not my number one, but anyway...

As a manager you may think Stubbsy, Neville or Dunc but the management game isnt all about sorting your first eleven out, its also what contacts you have, scouting networks etc etc. Lets look at facts, Laudrup has won a trophy in his first season with an average side. But tactically he is astute and went to anfield and Stamford park and won both times something Davey hasnt done in 10 years. If we can get him because there will be plenty of takers he is who i want.

If we get £50 mill id also get rid of Johnny,Naismith for possibly 5 mill so that would give us a healthy pot.

Although i think Shaw looks excellent he will command big money as Southampton have more money than us so thats a no go. The lad at Swansea Davies looks good but the lad he has replaced who got injured whose name escapes me is even better. Saying that i would try Oviedo at left back and save the money until Garbutt comes through. McCarthy at Wigan for around £8 mill would be a start, Ince £6-7 mill, Gudetti £5 mill,Romeau £7 mill, Lukaku £12 mill, Lampard(free) with dough to spare

Laudrup , Martinez or Clarke or DiMatteo will do for me -

sell \ retire Neville , Naismith , Osman , Heitinga , and one of our 3 strikers

play Oviedo left back -

buy a striker - a true one - not another poacher -

we need at least one solid defensive mid and one quick running attacking mid -

Lukaku would be ideal but Chelsea paid 18 mil for him and puts him out on loan

I must admit I was jealous seeing Swansea win that cup today. I was also so impressed with the way they played, the way they pass the ball is brilliant. I had a long thought if we were in that final today, would we have won 5-0?? Personally I don't think so. I could see us grinding out a result with a few goals from set pieces. Based on that match yesterday I think we definately need more pace and flair in midfield and attack. I'm fed up of the lack of pace we have on the counter attack away from home, we have none whatsoever. I hope Moyes stays and we get some money in the summer to buy some young, fresh, quick and exciting players. But then again I know deep down, there's a very slim chance that that's gonna happen.

I was thinking the same, they went for the kill when was the last time we did that? so impressed with Laudrup, big game temptation to wear a suit and big it up? nah shirt and coat, quality

Neil Taylor's a very good player. Very solid and very good positionally. Young Ben Davies is gonna be a good player as well. Yet again very solid and good on the ball. As you say we never do go for the kill. That ridicilous stat of winning ZERO out of something like 48 games away to either Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool has to say something. We either lack major self-belief away to top sides or Moyes is a very negative manager....

I must admit I was jealous seeing Swansea win that cup today. I was also so impressed with the way they played, the way they pass the ball is brilliant. I had a long thought if we were in that final today, would we have won 5-0?? Personally I don't think so. I could see us grinding out a result with a few goals from set pieces. Based on that match yesterday I think we definately need more pace and flair in midfield and attack. I'm fed up of the lack of pace we have on the counter attack away from home, we have none whatsoever. I hope Moyes stays and we get some money in the summer to buy some young, fresh, quick and exciting players. But then again I know deep down, there's a very slim chance that that's gonna happen.

Well said, completely agree. Another thing I really like about Laudrop is how he has seemingly turned Wayne routledge into a half decent prem player. Whenever I've watched him before he has looked a shambles but he's looked really good at times this season. Another thing is how he threw young Ben Davies in at LB, and how well it has paid off. Nobody knew who he was, he wasn't touted as the next big thing but Laudrop has obviously had faith in him not to go out an buy another LB, and it's paid off.

Manager - Bilic/Laudrup

Winger - Dyer/Lallana/Elia/Griezmann/Tadic/Marin long shots Draxler/Schrulle/Dzagoev

Central midfielder - Rakitic/McCarthy/Banega/Barada long shot Moutinho/Lucas

AM -Djurucic/Diego long shot Isco

Striker - De Jong/Son/Kocorin long shots Lukaku/Hernandes

Keeper - Mignolet/Begovic

Realistic players would be £7-12 mil any 5 would improve the team overall if we lost Baines and Felli, but tbh the only player I'd be happy to replace Felli with is Isco, but he'd cost a similar fee as the big man and more than likely end up at Barca/Real.

Laudrup

Mignolet/Taudal

Coleman/Stones Heitinga/Duffy Jags/Distin Garbutt/Oviedo

Lallana/Pienaar Osman/Gibson Rakitic/Lundstam Mirallas/Kennedy

Isco/Barkley

De Jong/Jelavic

Hibbert, Junior, and Anichebe to make the rest of the 25 man main squad.

Main tactic: Narrow midfield with an emphasis on playing the ball on the ground and passing through the opposition, with wing backs coming forward to give the option to cross in to the box.

Note that Heitinga would be back in the team as a better manager would play to his strengths opposed to the shocking 'av it method we currently use. Outs: Howard, Mucha, Neville, and Naismith.