IGNORED

Wigan FA cup

Finn balor

Although i havent got the same exciting feeling for a quarter final that i normally do due to the fact that ive got a nailed on feeling we will get City if we get through but a definately winnable game. Still having nightmares over the away game and how bad Jonny played? everybody remember? he has truly been awful this season.Anyways think we will have to much for them and a 2-1 win cos we cant keep a clean sheet. Jelly 2

I'm hoping the rumors are true that Martinez is going to rest his key players because he wants them fit for the relegation battle ahead. I think we will win the game on Saturday and if we do then I'm just hoping that we avoid the 'big ones' because the FA Cup is our only realistic route into Europe if we don't find our form. Hopefully the 4-0 stuffing that Liverpool gave them knocks the wind out of their sails too.

I think it will be 3-1.

If we keep a clean sheet against premiership opposition for the rest of the campaign I'll be shocked. If Wigan rest players we'll surely cruise as FA Cup is clearly now our first priority. If Wigan play the full squad though then I think it will be a real contest. An easy team to underestimate, though we do seem to have their number of late.

Kevin Friend's the ref. The same guy who in the 2-2 with Wigan let them run riot and stopped us playing any type of football. We had 3/4 pens waved that game as well....finally got 1 right at the death, to earn a point.

This game maybe harder then we first imagined :(

Everton to win by 2 to 1.

They won't make it easy and it'll be a proper north-west battle but the venue should work in our favor. I still don't like the idea of semi-final games at the national stadium if we make it, but quietly confident with this. Real chance here to progress back to the last four once again, but one game at a time for sure.

why is everyone keen on a clean sheet? a win is all I want.

A win is all I want too but keeping a clean sheet would be a real bonus considering how hard we are finding it this season. Even Reading who we out-played for 90 minutes managed to get one past us.

Howard doubtful is a concern but even without him there should be enough for a victory tomorrow and of course playing at home will be a great assistance. The replay - should there be one - will take place March 13 with a 7 45 start time. Have to be quietly confident for this, and you've only got the one chance to get it right on the day. Tried to register with a Wigan fanpage a few days ago but the confirmation link didn't work and all I got was irritated. Serves them right if we eliminate them tomorrow.

I liked how Mucha looked against Wigan so I'm not worried. I'm a little shocked to hear about Howard though as I didn't think his injury was so bad, it's a wonder how he managed to play on with two broken bones in such a serious area.

Guest blueboy122

I liked how Mucha looked against Wigan so I'm not worried. I'm a little shocked to hear about Howard though as I didn't think his injury was so bad, it's a wonder how he managed to play on with two broken bones in such a serious area.

Agreed dont think theres reason to panic at all after all he is veteran and an international and trains everyday so am sure he will be fine for a temp measure.

Mirallas has scored two 'clever' goals in the last couple of games.I can see him being the biggest problem for Wigan, most teams now set out to stiffle Baines and Pienaar, and that partnership certainly isn't what it was for the first half of the season.

So! let Wigan watch them, while Mirallas creeps in through the back door for a couple more 'clever' goals.

Problem is, can we stop Wigan from scoring? Most people assume Wigan want prem survival more than they want to win the FA Cup, well if that's the case they could well be playing today with that certain freedom which often brings out fast direct attacking play......just the kind of 'fast direct attacking play' which gives us problems!

I predict a good game for the neutral and a nerve shattering one for us, I'll take the shattered nerves in exchange for one more more goal than Wigan.

Mirallas to score, Wigan to score, Everton to win.