IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

10 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

copied form the response to Andy Burnhams letter

Instead, the letter argues, the league’s recommendation on a possible sanction (believed to be 12 points in total) was a one-off calculation based on the known elements of the case, and formed part of a standard process.

So a one off calculation indicates to me they are making  things up as they go along.

I'd love to know how they calculated our very slight overspend (after they'd moved the goalposts on stadium costs being included or excluded) warrants a harsher punishment than a club going into administration, which is gross incompetence and puts people out of a job etc.

I'd also love to know why they decided that we couldn't face a financial punishment due to having a rich owner when it's common knowledge that that 'rich' owner has been scrambling around for finances to be pumped into the running of the club from outside sources because he doesn't have the cash to do it. That rich owner that is desperate to sell the club and is in the process of doing just that.

Like you say, they're making it up as they go along. They wanted to fuck us and the ways they're justifying it just do not add up.

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'd love to know how they calculated our very slight overspend (after they'd moved the goalposts on stadium costs being included or excluded) warrants a harsher punishment than a club going into administration, which is gross incompetence and puts people out of a job etc.

I'd also love to know why they decided that we couldn't face a financial punishment due to having a rich owner when it's common knowledge that that 'rich' owner has been scrambling around for finances to be pumped into the running of the club from outside sources because he doesn't have the cash to do it. That rich owner that is desperate to sell the club and is in the process of doing just that.

Like you say, they're making it up as they go along. They wanted to fuck us and the ways they're justifying it just do not add up.

Hopefully any appeal will answer most of the questions we want answering, I can’t see the PL being forthcoming in any other way than having to answer direct questions in an appeal. Even if an appeal may not get a reverse of the original penalty it needs to go ahead so our representatives can ask the questions that will highlight any dodgy goal post moving.  

46 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Hopefully any appeal will answer most of the questions we want answering, I can’t see the PL being forthcoming in any other way than having to answer direct questions in an appeal. Even if an appeal may not get a reverse of the original penalty it needs to go ahead so our representatives can ask the questions that will highlight any dodgy goal post moving.  

Well I can see them adding 2 points on to make up the original 12 they wanted...

Neg away, folks!

Wyness talks a lot of sense especially with the wages cap, of course this would have to implemented by all governing bodies within football. It would be harder to flout the rules if implemented because no matter how many bogus deals you make to improve your income and spending, your spending on wages will be capped as a team. I think we all agree money and greed is ruining the game and the top clubs will always remain the top clubs due to their spending power, if we want a system that works this has to be the way forward if we ever want to seriously eradicate the false accounting of the big clubs and create a system that will be more of an even playing field than the one we have now then a spending cap has to be the way forward. 

Just saw this on Facebook 😂

The p.l.have decided that in order to be as fair as possible to Everton in their appeal process no one connected to English football will be allowed to participate in the upcoming proceedings and will be replaced by a totally neutral commission consisting of trusted football representatives from three European countries.the independent  commission will now be chaired by a Swiss commissioner,a french commissioner and an Italian commissioner to ensure fair play is adhered to.......mr.blatter,mr.platini and mr.collina will take their seats and decide Everton’s fate in due course

7 hours ago, MikeO said:

Bought a new Everton kit for one of my grandsons but that's where I draw the line⚽

I've been wanting to buy a kit for the longest time but haven't been able to. Fanatics here in the states has them but it's only the 2022/23 kit. I know the club has the Everton Direct site but I was curious as to how reliable that is, especially for someone like myself that would be ordering it from overseas. 

2 hours ago, StatesideToffee14 said:

I've been wanting to buy a kit for the longest time but haven't been able to. Fanatics here in the states has them but it's only the 2022/23 kit. I know the club has the Everton Direct site but I was curious as to how reliable that is, especially for someone like myself that would be ordering it from overseas. 

It can be hit and miss. Loads of people here have trouble with them but then others have a smooth time.

Order from them and then hope basically.

2 hours ago, StatesideToffee14 said:

The Everton Direct site is just fanatics anyway. 
Me and my mate both ordered the third shirt a couple of weeks back in the sale. He got his a day before me, and he’s in Romania. So you might have a good chance over there. 

I also ordered the away kit for my daughter, that’s still not turned up (almost three weeks now).

8 minutes ago, StevO said:

The Everton Direct site is just fanatics anyway. 
Me and my mate both ordered the third shirt a couple of weeks back in the sale. He got his a day before me, and he’s in Romania. So you might have a good chance over there. 

I also ordered the away kit for my daughter, that’s still not turned up (almost three weeks now).

Mine came in two shipments, shirt and socks arrived days before shorts...but I've always got what I ordered even if sometimes it takes a while. If you want it it's your only option anyway.

Only selling last season's kit in the US is a bit odd though, don't get the reasoning for that at all.

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It can be hit and miss. Loads of people here have trouble with them but then others have a smooth time.

Order from them and then hope basically.

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

Mine came in two shipments, shirt and socks arrived days before shorts...but I've always got what I ordered even if sometimes it takes a while. If you want it it's your only option anyway.

Only selling last season's kit in the US is a bit odd though, don't get the reasoning for that at all.

Yeah, the biggest thing I'm worried about is the security of doing it on there, especially with any financial info. 

And yeah, I'm not sure why Fanatics here in the U.S. only has last year's kit or if it's something I just have to wait on for a little while. I know they have the current kit for other PL teams like Chelsea and the shite.