IGNORED

The Run In

c1982

pete0 I don't see newcastle down, i don't see the teams below them scoring enough points for that to happen.

In my predictions Villa ended up going down.

they have improved a bit of late but are still struggling for results and goals a bit and my prediction might be right. only one i fancy to get out of their current position is Wigan.

Hoping Wigan can beat Spurs next week as well

That fairplay ranking is a joke. The shite top of the positive play/attractive football ranking? I guess someone doing those rankings believes the Rodgers revolution bullshit. They're also top of the respect for the referees section. rofl.gif Fucking give me strength.

What happened to a fair play ranking being based on bookings/red cards etc and not on this subjective crap?

Edited by Fearthainn

The fair play system probably goes hand in hand with that world soccer rankings they do, which can be a bit of a nonsense. The game has got so absurd in recent years in some areas, is it really that much of a surprise.

Saw in a news publication today that we're down for a sixth place finish, plastics for fourth was it, Arsenal third and Liverpool fifth. Of course it's only one newspaper with a prophecy, but I did question it.

Guest rusty747

We need other results to go our way now. Man C to win at Spurs and Chelsea to win at Liverpool tomorrow please. If that happens and we can beat Fulham and West Ham at home then I think a draw at Anfield would be good enough for sixth but we will need to win at either Liverpool or Chelsea and hope Spurs stumble on the run in if we are to nick fifth. To be honest, I can't really see that happening but I would love to be wrong.

Edited by rusty747

Is the team and Manager trying?

Of course they are. They have not decided that 6th is good enough. They want Europe! It just seems like the nervs get the best of them in big games. We saw it at Wigan, we saw it yesterday, we have seen it towards the top 4 teams in the past... ooh 11 years or so.

They are not playing like a team at the moment. I would give everything to see the same kind of passion from DM that I see from Di Canio. He gets the team together. Sunderland have enough passion right now to end the season on a high. They will not get relegated. Thats all Di Canio imo.

Fuck what Tottenham did today and their boring outcomes and predictable results. Another shit weekend for games and (very much now) any talk of champions league soccer can finally be laid to rest. Even any european place looks in jeopardy now. Ok getting a goalless draw at Arsenal a few days back was a good result on paper, but we never really looked like winning, as with Sunderland yesterday for the most part. Be real pleased when the damn season's over with, as it only brings rage, but what looked promising only a few short weeks ago, has slowly fizzled out and we could well miss out altogether. As mentioned, sixth place looks most plausible but even then, with other teams endeavors and cup final placings, only fifth place (and of course higher), will get you a place in europe next season. Still some way to go yet, but it does look now, as any chances have now passed.

I think coming from behind to win 3-1 against Manchester City is pretty un-predicatable.

especially with 15m to go and Citeh looking comfortable....

The results over the weekend couldnt have been much worse, but whilst theres still a mathematical chance, we shouldnt give up.