IGNORED

The Run In

c1982

I couldn't read all that now but things like this are a dime a dozen. They did one for us (another publication) about 10 years ago and how Rooney would be immense and join Real Madrid and we would win the league or something. I still got the article in question somewhere and it's actually worth reading but maybe another time.

• 2 weeks later...
Reckon we need to be looking at seventy points to have a good chance of fourth place; so that's nineteen points over eight games.

So we have to win all of our four "easier" games (v QPR, Sunderland, Fulham and West Ham) and then pick up another seven from the trips to Spuds, Arse, Livepool & Chelsea.

To be honest I don't think that's realistic because, knowing us, we won't pick up the twelve from the easy ones.

Win tomorrow is vital though....we're not going to get seven points from nine at Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea.

Tottenham away - 0 points

Queens Park Rangers Home - 3 points

Arsenal away - 0 points

Sunderland away - 1 point

Fulham home - 3 points

Liverpool away - 1 point

West Ham home - 1 point

Chelsea - 0 points

Ok it sounds a bit meagre or not much to be had, but a lot of of those sides will be fighting themselves or have their own objectives and will make it difficult. I still expect nothing from tomorrow, in that they're a very decent side and with home advantage it should be enough, but hope to be wrong of course. Looking at the remaining fixtures I think we'd do well to get into double figures for points achievement but anything can happen.

Tottenham: Normally I would have us down for a defeat considering how well they've been doing this season but I do believe that we could pick something up against them considering we have this 'Euro dream' back on the cards. Even though Bale seems to go missing against the big teams I'm glad he's out and believe that we could genuinely cause Spurs problems. I'd tip us for 3 points but away from home I think that's being too optimistic. (1)

QPR: These are the teams we need to be beating if we want to be in the Champions League. Every man and his dog has been able to beat QPR this season so I don't see why we shouldn't. They're a piss poor side and so long as we are careful we can come away from the tie with three vital points. (3)

Arsenal: Meh... Arsenal are nothing like they were but I can't see us going to the Emirates and getting anything. I believe we could win but I just don't get a good feeling when I think about this fixture. I'm tipping us for a miserable zero (0)

Sunderland: I like Di Canio but I can't see him re-vamping Sunderland enough to trouble us. They've been turned over countless times by Premier League teams this season and we should be the next one. Mignolet is vital for them though so we need to make sure that we pepper him with shots and hope one makes him crack. (3)

Fulham: I don't really know what to say about this one. I like Fulham but I don't think they are as good as us, home advantage will win us this game and we'll grind it out like we usually do with a boring 1-0. (3)

Liverpool: I've said countless times we could beat them if we didn't shit ourselves so much when we come to play them. I can't see this year being any different (0).

West Ham: The Liverpool game could knock us but I still think we will get something, hopefully a win seeing as we're at home but realistically I think we'll draw. (1).

Chelsea: Zero. (0).

Zoo Says: 11 points - is this enough?

Eleven points won't even be enough for 5th I don't think, 6th maybe if Liverpool have a poor finish.

Really thing you and DK are being overly pessimistic saying we'll only get the one point from our (Sunderland aside) travels....I reckon between four and six.

Chelsea play - Sunderland (h) - Spurs(h) - Fulham (a) - Liverpool (a) - Swansea (h) - Man Utd (a) - A Villa (a) - Everton(h)

Liverpool play - W Ham (h) - Reading (a) - Chelsea (h) - Everton(h) - Newcastle(a) - Fulham(a) - QPR (h)

Arsenal play - Norwich(h) - Everton(h) - Fulham(a) - United(h) - QPR (a) - Wigan(h) - Newcastle(a)

Spurs play - Everton(h) - City(h) - Wigan(a) - Southampton(h) - Stoke(a) - Sunderland(h) - Chelsea(a)

Everton play - Spurs(a) - Chelsea(a) - QPR(h) - Arsenal(a) - Sunderland(a) - Fulham(h) - Liverpool(a) - W Ham(h)

My prediction using the Prem table had us finishing in 7th, with the final places being UTD - CITY - ARSENAL - CHELSEA - LIVERPOOL - SPURS - EVERTON crying.gif

Luckily my predictions are never right ha ha. yay.gif

Edited by Avinalaff

Everton last won at Arsenals grounds in 95-96 under Joe Royle. mellow.png

http://www.evertonresults.com/arsenal.htm

Everton last won at WHL in 2008-09

http://www.evertonresults.com/tottenham.htm

Everton last won at Stamford Bridge in 94-95 under Royle sad.png

http://www.evertonresults.com/chelsea.htm

Everton last won at Anfield in 99-00 under Smith unsure.png

http://www.evertonresults.com/liverpool.htm

Everton last beat QPR at home in the Prem in 95-96 under Royle. wacko.png

http://www.evertonresults.com/qpr.htm

On the bright side ......................................................

Everton last lost to Sunderland in 01-02 under Smith.

http://www.evertonresults.com/sunderland.htm

Everton last lost to West ham at Goodison Park in 2005-06

http://www.evertonresults.com/westham.htm

Everton last lost to Fulham at Goodison park in 74-75 under Bingham

http://www.evertonresults.com/fulham.htm

Edited by Avinalaff

Reckon we need to be looking at seventy points to have a good chance of fourth place; so that's nineteen points over eight games.
So we have to win all of our four "easier" games (v QPR, Sunderland, Fulham and West Ham) and then pick up another seven from the trips to Spuds, Arse, Livepool & Chelsea.
To be honest I don't think that's realistic because, knowing us, we won't pick up the twelve from the easy ones.
Win tomorrow is vital though....we're not going to get seven points from nine at Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea.

1 point closer ;)

Might look something like this in the end. Cant see why some teams haven't played all games? I have predicted every match and still 4 teams only have played 31 games. Thats the BBC for you wink.png

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

EDIT*

Wow, that didn't work at all. Tried to copy a final table into the post.

We ended up at 6th unfortunately, same points as Spurs. Again like Avin, I'm terrible at predicting so this wont come true.

(nightmare to lose out on Europe due to having scored less goals.)

Edited by Peter H

Might look something like this in the end. Cant see why some teams haven't played all games? I have predicted every match and still 4 teams only have played 31 games. Thats the BBC for you wink.png

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

EDIT*

Wow, that didn't work at all. Tried to copy a final table into the post.

We ended up at 6th unfortunately, same points as Spurs. Again like Avin, I'm terrible at predicting so this wont come true.

(nightmare to lose out on Europe due to having scored less goals.)

I think it will be more like this:

a b c d e f g h I j k l m n I p q r s t u v w x y z

:)

Another 3 today and an extra point than what I expected from White Heart Lane (should have been bloody 3 though!)

Personally I think we can finish 5th.

Here's how I think the table will finish:

1. Manchester United - 94 points

2. Manchester City - 79 points

3. Chelsea - 72 points

4. Arsenal - 68 points

5. Everton - 66 points

6. Tottenham 65 points

7th not mentioned as they are already out of the race for the top 6. rofl.gif

I get to this on my predictor by predicting these results for the Toffees:

• Arsenal 1 - 1 Everton
  • Sunderland 1 - 2 Everton
  • Everton 1 - 0 Fulham
  • Liverpool 1 - 0 Everton
  • Everton 2 - 1 West Ham
  • Chelsea 1 - 1 Everton

I think this is a realistic set of results however I hope we can gain 14 points in total to really challenge for 4th spot.

Its going to be tough - but by God its achieveable!

Edited by AidanLewis