IGNORED

Game of Thrones

Louis

2 minutes ago, rubecula said:

no it was the bacon eating scene  the pig was really fucked after that Mike 🤣

Spoiler alert.

As far as I know nobody's eaten a bacon sarnie on GoT thus far, but there is one more episode to go so it could be a pivotal moment if it happens.

Or not:unsure:.

Just now, MikeO said:

Spoiler alert.

As far as I know nobody's eaten a bacon sarnie on GoT thus far, but there is one more episode to go so it could be a pivotal moment if it happens.

Or not:unsure:.

maybe just a scene from the canteen on site then  lol lol

25 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I think the biggest problem is that it really should’ve been another 2 seasons (at least). There’s no way they can do it all justice by wrapping it up now (especially with less episodes in this season). It all seems so rushed. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve enjoyed this season but, for me, it’s definitely not up to scratch either. 

On 18/05/2019 at 12:36, Finn balor said:

I’ve never seen an episode but it’s funny reading the posts on here. It’s been getting a backlash this series. Is it as poor as people are making out?

Visually stunning. Music is excellent. But story telling has clearly been very very rushed. 

On 16/05/2019 at 08:47, holystove said:

Predictions for final episode?

I'd go with Dani dead, Jon dead and King Gendry. Tyrion survives.

(!!!! Spoiler !!!

Apparently there's a thread on reddit where people who worked on the show say Jon kills Dani, gives himself up to the Unsullied, ends up at the wall again -  Tyrion gets tried for treason but survives - Bran becomes King with Bronn, Davos, and Tyrion as hand - Drogon flies off with dead Dani never to be seen again - Samwell wants democratic elections but gets laughed at 

)

some of that seems really implausible to me.. the wall is breached, there is no night king, so why would there be a night's watch?   .. why would the three eyed raven be interested in being king?

Well....

On 17/05/2019 at 15:09, sibdane said:

Those last two points make me feel that can't be how it ends, specifically Bran becoming king. I hope that's not how it ends at least.

:lol: 

On 16/05/2019 at 08:47, holystove said:

(!!!! Spoiler !!!

Apparently there's a thread on reddit where people who worked on the show say Jon kills Dani, gives himself up to the Unsullied, ends up at the wall again -  Tyrion gets tried for treason but survives - Bran becomes King with Bronn, Davos, and Tyrion as hand - Drogon flies off with dead Dani never to be seen again - Samwell wants democratic elections but gets laughed at 

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Well....

:lol: 

Ahem, what can be said?

18 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Ahem, what can be said?

All I can say is that I hope the books end differently but it doesn’t look that way because RR Martin has said all the main players will have the same endings, but the writers were given more license with the lesser characters. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’m with you on that, mate. I went from being blown away half way through to deflated by the end. 

When Drogon flew off with Dani I let out an audible "fuck" knowing that the spoiler above was going to be right.

39 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Want a spin-off on Arya's travels myself. Also John sent to Castle Black but he didn't stop there, what's he intending to do north of the wall? And why did he still have to go once the unsullied had shipped out?

I think the thought here is that he will be living "free."

Why he still had to leave? Makes no sense. If this is the ending GRRM intended (which apparently he told the show's writers it is) then I have no desire to read it when it comes out.

I also read somewhere that the next spin-off will be a prequel, which I would be interested in. I find the backstory to the events before the Game of Thrones fascinating with all the lore and battles.

4 hours ago, sibdane said:

When Drogon flew off with Dani I let out an audible "fuck" knowing that the spoiler above was going to be right.

Really hope they identify who did it and make sure they never get to work in the industry again.

2 hours ago, Haiku said:

He also gave a vow in season one. Being in Night's Watch, that's а duty for a lifetime.  

But it appears that he didn't go back to the Watch, why else would they make such a big thing of him going north of the wall and the gate closing behind him?

Just watched it for second time, grew on me though I didn't dislike on first viewing.

I don't think they could've come up with any ending that a lot of people didn't like, was a thankless task.

(It was a million times better than the "Lost" finale for one thing) 

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

Just watched it for second time, grew on me though I didn't dislike on first viewing.

I don't think they could've come up with any ending that a lot of people didn't like, was a thankless task.

(It was a million times better than the "Lost" finale for one thing) 

I get that but it all seemed so ‘meh’. A bit like a Stephen King ending. 

Sansa ended up being the biggest winner, which pissed me off. Probably more because Sophie Turner is a shit actress. 

12 hours ago, MikeO said:

But it appears that he didn't go back to the Watch, why else would they make such a big thing of him going north of the wall and the gate closing behind him?

Some speculation he's off to become the new Night's King.  After all he's already 'undead'

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Got a vacation coming up might give the books a go, never seen the show either.  Figure it would be good now I can read them all and then watch the whole show all at once

All the books aren’t out yet though. Doing it your way will only disappoint you!