IGNORED

Game of Thrones

Louis

Almost entirely correct :lol:.

Soon as that ice spear was thrown I knew what the result of that was going to be. It'll be interesting seeing brothers go up against each other! A song of ice and fire indeed.

One of the dragons being killed/turned was Josh's prediction pre-programme.

It's still the best thing on tv but it's lost a certain something and I can't put my finger on what it is.

It bothered me that Jon Snow emerged from the frozen lake and even more that Benjen Stark turned up out of nowhere to save him. Stuff like that makes Game of Thrones just the same as any other epic fantasy series. It used to be on another level because they were willing to kill off main characters and keep viewers guessing.

Maybe this has something to do with the fact that the TV series is now further along than the books, I don't know... but I don't think Martin would have let all the main characters survive that expedition beyond the wall.

Still, can't wait for the season finale.

It bothered me that Jon Snow emerged from the frozen lake and even more that Benjen Stark turned up out of nowhere to save him. Stuff like that makes Game of Thrones just the same as any other epic fantasy series. It used to be on another level because they were willing to kill off main characters and keep viewers guessing.

Maybe this has something to do with the fact that the TV series is now further along than the books, I don't know... but I don't think Martin would have let all the main characters survive that expedition beyond the wall.

Still, can't wait for the season finale.

I was expecting at least 1 of the bigger characters to die. I imagine a few will get killed off tonight though!

Was really amazed at the amount of people who were going overboard about this series so I thought I would have another look.

I caught up with the last episode last week, first 20 mins was nondescript, second 20 mins was a group of people walking in the snow. The third 20 mins we got hundreds of skeletons appearing with not a living organ in their body but they could fight like gladiators.

They seem to be afraid of entering the water, so I was wondering who went to the bottom of the lake to attaché these massive chains when they managed to pull the dragon out.

The same dragon that was killed by an icicle which if you compare sizes this ice spear would have looked like a sewing needle to that monster.

I might watch the final episode cos this reminds me of some comics I read when I was about 12 years old. I hope the last episode is as exciting as this one.

Was really amazed at the amount of people who were going overboard about this series so I thought I would have another look.

I caught up with the last episode last week, first 20 mins was nondescript, second 20 mins was a group of people walking in the snow. The third 20 mins we got hundreds of skeletons appearing with not a living organ in their body but they could fight like gladiators.

They seem to be afraid of entering the water, so I was wondering who went to the bottom of the lake to attaché these massive chains when they managed to pull the dragon out.

The same dragon that was killed by an icicle which if you compare sizes this ice spear would have looked like a sewing needle to that monster.

I might watch the final episode cos this reminds me of some comics I read when I was about 12 years old. I hope the last episode is as exciting as this one.

Did you ever watch a Hammer horror Bill? Or Lord of the Rings or Star Trek? Buck Rogers, Doctor Who, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory; The Goons/Kenneth Horne on the radio? Ever read a novel?

It's fantasy, fiction, pretend; it's not supposed to make sense. It's escapism and not real, as is most TV/film. By your logic the only programmes we should watch would be Newsnight and Panorama.

I get you don't like it (and presumably the genre) so don't fucking watch it. Simple.

Coming on here and taking the piss out of it (and by inference the people who enjoy it) is just infantile.

I've never seen one episode, yet feel that I've probably missed something I would really like, due to the fact I really liked the Lord of the rings, The Hobbit and Narnia films.

Roughly how many hours have I missed if I started from the beginning, or don't I need to go back that far too get into the story.

I've never seen one episode, yet feel that I've probably missed something I would really like, due to the fact I really liked the Lord of the rings, The Hobbit and Narnia films.

Roughly how many hours have I missed if I started from the beginning, or don't I need to go back that far too get into the story.

Start from the start Palfy, no question.

Fifty episodes from the first five series at around fifty minutes each = a bit over forty hours. Current series about about another six hours to catch up before tonight; you could get it done in two days :P.

Except you're my age so if anything like me you'll need to watch each episode twice to take it all in so make that four days :lol:.

Cheers Mike at least I know what I'm up against now, I'm gonna do it and start beginning of October when the nights draw in, and hopefully catch up by end of the year.

I have a lot of friends who watch some in the beginning for the good looking women in it, but when I've heard them talking about it, they seem to be quite surprised at the fact big characters regularly get killed off, which must help it evolve, and not just take the viewer by surprise.

?

You have to start from the beginning to "get it", and it's well worth the time spent in my opinion