IGNORED

Arsenal

Finn balor

Jagielka - An absolute rock from start to finish. Nothing was getting past him last night, nothing. The amount of blocks he put in was crazy, and he even came close to getting an assist in the first half. My MOTM.

Pienaar - What a poor, poor game from him again. His passing was terrible, he was actually a bit of a hindrance to our attacks as he was constantly stopping to turn back with the ball, he left Baines totally exposed all game long and he missed a golden chance. I don't know what's going on with him but he needs to sort it out.

Barkley - I'm not going to go overboard about his performance, like the naysayer's did after his last start. But I was very encouraged by his showing. Being higher up the pitch is definitely where he needs to be played (particularly while he learns, and maybe permanently). He still showed a lack of awareness at times and gave the ball away (that's one reason why higher up the pitch is better; less risk losing it there) but he also showed a lot of intelligence with the ball and played at least three through balls (jump%20for%20joy.gif ) during the game, one of which Anichebe very nearly slotted home. He also showed a nice bit of skill to completely fool Arteta, and made room for a curling shot that came oh so close to going in in the second half. And as the game progressed he seemed to grow and we actually looked worse once he went off. He has the ability to be a lot more creative than Osman so if we can keep his learning curve going in the right direction we'll have no problem when Osman calls it a day.

Agree with these points entirely.

Pienaar is rapidly becoming a 'weak-link' within the team (imo).

Personally, I'd take Mirallas on the left (cutting in - ala Olymiakos) and get a another player similar to him on the right (+ a striker of course), then we'd boss. Truely boss.

Steady Keeper (Howard)

Great full backs (Coleman, Baines)

Good, Strong CB partnership (Jags, Distin)

Great Mid (Fellaini, Gibson)

Great attacking Mid/Supporting Striker (Mirallas)

Just need a top draw Striker (imo) and Right sided Mirallas.

Arsenal could quite quickly become hated. Cheating, moaning, whinging prima donas.

I don't know what they are complaining about, their disciplinary record under Wenger, has at times been shocking: Viera, Petit, Keown, even now they have a few in Wilshire, Mertesacker, Sagna, and Diaby. They were good, but not good enough. Simple as.

Arsenal could quite quickly become hated. Cheating, moaning, whinging prima donas.

I was thinking the same last night. They're not a club I'm fond of anymore, I think the drought of trophies has got them resorting to cheating to try and get one back.

I must admit i indulged in a few budwiesers last night watching the match so my memory might be a little hazy ha ha. Obviously the Peanuts chance would have changed the game and he should have scored. With our defence playing so doggedly with might have ground out a top win.I thought Jags was superb and Coleman not far behind. Pioneer was poor again and i think Ross needs to be played every game now to give him a run ready for next year. It must be just me but i thought Mirallas was good last night again. The bit of play down the right where he bamboozled Gibbs and went on a run was awesome. Like some lads on here i think we are a 20 goal striker and a maybe a midfielder/winger away from being a top 3/4 challenger regularly. Just one other wing id like to say how dissapointed i was in Arsenal with thier play acting and them wanting for the ref to book our players. Wilkshire was a joke and Arteta made a fool of himself and just shows what happens when you turn into a prima donna

Just one other wing id like to say how dissapointed i was in Arsenal with thier play acting and them wanting for the ref to book our players. Wilkshire was a joke and Arteta made a fool of himself and just shows what happens when you turn into a prima donna

I said the same. Arteta has turned into a right nancy since going down London. I wasn't impressed with him at all.

On the face of it, a no score draw at Arsenal in a very decent result. Still no league win since 1996 at their venue, and that's 49 games now for Moyes without a victory at any of the big four names of the EPL, can it finally be broken for the big 50 ?, but it's still an outcome to take pride in. I didn't see the water squirt incident, but if they took that to a board of inquiry, then someone needs to give their head a shake. It's going to be another season (since 2005) without a trophy for them, and Wenger has to be under some pressure, but what they do is their business. Seems the defense had a good night but really, it's a result that does either side no favors. Still in with a good chance of european play next season but still too premature to know what's really going to occur.

Something wrong here but I can't be bothered with fucking disputes.

Liverpool are only a big club in terms of name now. They've been poor in the league for as long as most can remember, and fuck all that Champions League 'win' a few years ago, they've had an average side for the most part since the start of the 1990s and have never really been serious championship contenders apart from one or two occasions in the time since. Seen more people in and out in terms of managerial figures at Anfield than Grand Central station. They've never been the club I remember from the last league success in 1990 and that 'spice boys' bullshit era they were involved with, albeit for a short time, was an ill-advised period.

Maybe big four was the wrong term of classification, but I've seen it mentioned by other supporters, but the teams involved (in which Moyes has now gone 49 games without an away victory) are Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal, yesterdays opposition. Look at it whichever way you wish, but it is a slightly worrying statistic, that even the most ardent Moyes supporters need to question.

The only thing left to wonder is, can that finally be rectified at Anfield in a few weeks, but nobody hold their breath. Not so much an attack on the manager, but a mere statistic and significant game/s coming up fast.

As much as it pains me to say it I would include Liverpool in the Big 2.

There is no bigger club in the game than those horrible red shite bastards.

terms of current and recent league performances they aren't in the so called big four any more...i'd agree they're huge but they aren't a top four team right now

terms of current and recent league performances they aren't in the so called big four any more...i'd agree they're huge but they aren't a top four team right now

They were Premier League runners up in only 2009 and then lost their way since.

I believe your initial question asked about the 'Big 4' so I'd find it hard to call the other sides 'bigger' than Liverpool, just because of a 4 year slump. They'll be back soon, and have money to ensure that happens, and that's the inevitable problem for our own aspirations.

They were fools to let Benitez go, and we should think about that before losing Moyes.

I believe your initial question asked about the 'Big 4' so I'd find it hard to call the other sides 'bigger' than Liverpool, just because of a 4 year slump.

They've only won a single league cup since 2006 and haven't been champions for twenty-three years; bit more than a four year slump I'd have said (in comparison to their previous record and their own expectations).

I think the only 'Big' teams in terms of winning things at the moment is United, City and Chelsea. Liverpool and Arsenal haven't been 'Top 4' quality for years now.

Id agree with that. 4th place has definitely been up for grabs the last couple of years and will be again this season.

I would have put Tottenham in that, as some said they just might steal the league championship only a few weeks ago, and they've done very well this season and very nearly made the UEFA cup semi-finals. Ok maybe they won't get champions league this year, but they've really come on the last few seasons and will be involved again next time. Arsenal haven't been serious title contenders for a good six or seven years, as you have to ask, when, or if, they can be champions again. Manchester City aren't a big club side. Yes they've done well the last couple of seasons, but where the fuck were they before that. Getting 18,000 at Maine Road only a few years ago, although no real animosity. They've been successful and come to the fore recently (as with the plastics), but not a big team in terms of tradition or overall history.