IGNORED

Jose Mourinho

Jose Mourinho  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Will Jose Mourinho be Real Madrid's manager next season?

• Yes.
    • No.

Because 'snubbed' is a better word than 'turned down'. :wub:

But it's not because it means something completely different.

If you snub someone you treat them with disdain or contempt; that's totally different from a respectful, "...appreciate the offer guys but I'd rather be elsewhere..." which is what Jose would've said to United (had they approached him).

Heart over head really wasn't it. I would rather have seen Mourinho at MUFC than a return to the plastics, in that he's a very good manager and you know he's going to do well for them. (again)

Decent individual, much loathed team in question. I hope he doesn't duplicate the success he had before from 2004 to when he vacated in his first time in charge. Still waiting for the Russian tycoon to get bored and try a fresh challenge, see the money dry up, team decline and slowly progress back to the side of 15 years ago. No one stays at the top forever.

• 5 years later...

The Portuguese says his next destination could be "a club that is not ready to be a trophy-hunter immediately but with the ambition to be a trophy-hunter." 

He added: "If it is a club without ambition I wouldn't go. I refused [the job offer] because I want high-level football and ambitions at the highest level.

"That is my second item [of requirement]. My first item is structural empathy. I want to work with people that I love. People I want to work with, that I am happy to work with, with whom I share the same ideas.

"It was what I had at Inter. There are clubs like this. Normally, that is a very important part of a successful club."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11648394/jose-mourinho-hoping-to-avoid-internal-conflict-at-next-club

Gearing a move to us? A bit of food for thought for Moshiri at least.

If Everton wants a collapse, yeah then Mou should be the best answer. Out-dated football mentality, spending ultra high amounts on transfers (well at least this suits but he will take it to the next level), no team chemistry, always “problematique” and lunatic personality.

His glorious days are so far away now, Italian football will be the best for him.

I think he is the only one out there at the moment who I would consider if the board did panic and got rid of Silva. Arsehole or not, he has been a proven winner wherever he's gone, he somehow managed to steady United after Moyes and Van Gaal despite seemingly having no control over player sales/purchases and 2 years of him getting some discipline installed in the team, some defensive competence, wouldn't be the worst idea in the world. We'd have to have someone lined up for his inevitable 3rd season collapse, but his name with transfer funds behind him could bring in the calibre of players we should be spending big money on. He might even be humbled by his United experience and be wanting to prove the doubters wrong...

4 hours ago, Matt said:

I think he is the only one out there at the moment who I would consider if the board did panic and got rid of Silva. Arsehole or not, he has been a proven winner wherever he's gone, he somehow managed to steady United after Moyes and Van Gaal despite seemingly having no control over player sales/purchases and 2 years of him getting some discipline installed in the team, some defensive competence, wouldn't be the worst idea in the world. We'd have to have someone lined up for his inevitable 3rd season collapse, but his name with transfer funds behind him could bring in the calibre of players we should be spending big money on. He might even be humbled by his United experience and be wanting to prove the doubters wrong...

this is exactly how i feel too matt.  i want to stick with silva but if moshiri shits the bed again i want mourinho, he will get us a trophy full stop.  FA cup, league cup, europa, whatever it is he will break the drought.  he will leave in shambles but we will bust the duck and that in itself would be worth it for me.

4 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

this is exactly how i feel too matt.  i want to stick with silva but if moshiri shits the bed again i want mourinho, he will get us a trophy full stop.  FA cup, league cup, europa, whatever it is he will break the drought.  he will leave in shambles but we will bust the duck and that in itself would be worth it for me.

It shows how much the Moshiri era has taken a toll on me. Beforehand I wouldn't have ever considered an ego like his, it's completely contrary to my definition of Everton. But he's now someone I have to consider for the good of the club, and I feel like I'm selling my morals down the swanny because of the complete mis-management of the last couple of years.

I was shocked to read your post on that to be honest Matt, but I agree with you. 

I think he could really propel us into the spotlight. He would get the fans all angry and combative towards everyone else and make Goodison a hard place to go. 

He could attract some really top talent too. I don’t think we will ever see him here, but it would be great if we could. 

15 hours ago, StevO said:

I was shocked to read your post on that to be honest Matt, but I agree with you. 

I think he could really propel us into the spotlight. He would get the fans all angry and combative towards everyone else and make Goodison a hard place to go. 

He could attract some really top talent too. I don’t think we will ever see him here, but it would be great if we could. 

I was shocked writing it, still feel dirty reading it back :lol: 

• 4 months later...