IGNORED

Guinness International Champions Cup (2013 pre-season)

Although it's just a rumour at this stage, their website published that Everton are playing Juventus in San Francisco this July, but the post has since been removed.

http://megustaelfutbol.tumblr.com/post/50020565290/from-the-international-champions-cup-facebook-page

Facebook posters are saying that Everton were there: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Guinness-International-Champions-Cup/613585068668658

The official website: http://www.internationalchampionscup.com

24th July vs. Ajax Cape Town

That leaves three days minimum to go to USA, it's possible I guess. Though It probably depends on who offers the club the most money.

Also, look at the html source of the official website. The keywords for the site are:

A.C. Milan, Chelsea, Galaxy, Inter, Juventus, Real Madrid, Benfica, Everton

Looks to be a good pre-season!

http://i.imgur.com/OAxX4Yd.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be pissed if they don't visit the East Coast. Hell, there is no reason they shouldn't be coming to Red Bull Arena in NY. Tim Howard grew up here and started out with our team. Tim Cahill is with RBNY. It's almost too perfect. And they're going to play in fucking San Francisco and Indianapolis?

Miami is roughly a 14 hour drive from my university. But if I get to see my two favorite soccer teams in the world compete during the finals (I'm also a Galaxy fan in case you didn't know), then it'll be a drive well worth making. This would also be the first time I get to see Everton live and in person guns.gif

I could fly as well, but I've helped my parents drive 24-30 hours before multiple times, so that shouldn't really faze me.

I can drive for 14 hours to, that wasnt my point, my point was, if I drive for 14 hours in the same direction, I would drive through 5-6 countries. Its hard to imagine living in such a massive country like the US.

Btw, always wondered. Do they have Toffee in LA? Thought LA was more of a tofu place. :D

Edited by Peter H

I can drive for 14 hours to, that wasnt my point, my point was, if I drive for 14 hours in the same direction, I would drive through 5-6 countries. Its hard to imagine living in such a massive country like the US.

Btw, always wondered. Do they have Toffee in LA? Thought LA was more of a tofu place. biggrin.png

Ah I see, sorry about the misunderstanding. 14 hours wouldn't even get you half way across the US, which is crazy to me as well. And yes while there are a lot of tofu spots in LA (I'm not a fan), I have been able to buy toffee from select places (quite rare though).

Everton can confirm initial details of a glamorous pre-season tour to the USA.

The Blues are in line to face three of the biggest names in football during the three-city tour, which takes place at the end of July and beginning of August.

Everton will face three of the teams from this stellar list of participants as part of the International Champions Cup: Juventus, LA Galaxy, Inter Milan, AC Milan, Chelsea, Benfica and Real Madrid.

The first game will take place on Tuesday 30 July in San Francisco. The following Saturday, 3 August, will see the Blues play in Los Angeles, before a third match in Miami on either Tuesday 6 or Wednesday 7 August.

The list of potential opponents includes global megastars Real Madrid, Italian champions Juventus and their compatriots - star-studded heavyweights AC and Inter Milan.

Premier League rivals Chelsea are also on the possible list, alongside the team they recently defeated to secure the Europa League title - Portuguese giants Benfica.

America's own MLS champions LA Galaxy, boasting former Blue Landon Donovan, are also involved in the big-hitting US tournament.

Kick off times, opponents, venues, as well as evertontv coverage, will all be confirmed in due course on evertonfc.com.

To find out more about the International Champions Cup, click here.

Thomas Cook Sport, the official travel partner of Everton, will be offering bespoke travel packages for fans wanting to attend all or parts of the tour. For more details please call 0844 3357 446 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 0844 3357 446 end_of_the_skype_highlighting or visit the Thomas Cook store on Church Street in Liverpool city centre.