IGNORED

Guinness International Champions Cup (2013 pre-season)

Confirmed: http://internationalchampionscup.com/

AC Milan

Chelsea

Everton

Inter

Juventus

Galaxy

Real Madrid

Valencia

Fixtures:

Tuesday 30 July in San Francisco.

Saturday, 3 August, Los Angeles,

Tuesday 6. Wednesday 7 August, Miami

That's quite the list of opposition for the new manager to cut his teeth against!

Could you imagine Stubbs coming up with a gameplan for that lot? He'd look like he was constipated.

There was a phone in on 5 live on Friday night, one of the callers asked the American sports journalists for his opinion. He said it'd be a waste of time and most players on show will be reserves. I hope he's wrong.

It's a key time in pre season....so why would we (or anyone) be playing mostly reserves?

It will definitely be an interesting glimpse into the new manager's philosophy when playing against those teams. I dont expect full strength 11's throughout the competition but I dont see why first team players wouldn't be playing in a majority of the games.

This is certainly a step up from previous seasons and also valuable overseas marketing.

It will definitely be an interesting glimpse into the new manager's philosophy when playing against those teams. I dont expect full strength 11's throughout the competition but I dont see why first team players wouldn't be playing in a majority of the games.

This is certainly a step up from previous seasons and also valuable overseas marketing.

AC Milan are also competing in the Audi Cup in Munich July 31-1st August, so must be splitting their squad?

http://www.audi.com/com/brand/en/experience/sponsoring/sportsponsoring/audi_cup.html

July 27, 2013:

Valencia vs AC Milan, Valencia

July 30, 2013:

Chelsea vs Inter Milan, Indianapolis

July 31, 2013:

Juventus vs Everton, San Francisco (AT&T Park)

August 1, 2013:

Real Madrid vs LA Galaxy, Phoenix

August 3, 2013:

West semi-finals, Los Angeles (Dodger Stadium), TBD ET

West semi-finals, Los Angeles (Dodger Stadium), 8pm ET

August 4, 2013:

East semi-finals, New Jersey (MetLife Stadium)

East semi-finals, New Jersey (MetLife Stadium)

August 6, 2013:

TBD vs TBD, Miami (Sun Life Stadium)

TBD vs TBD, Miami (Sun Life Stadium)

August 7, 2013:

TBD vs TBD, Miami (Sun Life Stadium), TBD ET

TBD vs TBD, Miami (Sun Life Stadium), 9pm ET

AC Milan are also competing in the Audi Cup in Munich July 31-1st August, so must be splitting their squad?

Not necessarily....

The tournament will be played from July 27-August 7 in Phoenix, Los Angeles, Indianapolis, New York, Miami and one European city.

The European City is Valencia.

Now confirmed:

2hyFmLZ.jpg

Thanks Louis. Spot on answer.

I learnt that from the Karate Kid movie. :)

I think Juve will be a good match, but I am disappointed that Everton are not playing within driving distance. Buying a new house, and I don't have the extra cash for a flight and a hotel.

Are there no supporters clubs in your area ?

N

The European City is Valencia.

Now confirmed:

2hyFmLZ.jpg

I learnt that from the Karate Kid movie. :)

Are there no supporters clubs in your area ?

No, the closest is Chicago and I'm not even sure how serious they are. The only true fan groups we have over here are for USMNT, and they have only picked up in the last 10yrs or so. It is hard to get good matches in the Midwest. The sport is on a steady growth over here, but very few people I know are willing to get up at 7:30 AM to watch ESPN on Saturday. Hell where I live I am unable to get GOAL TV or Fox Soccer in HD. Its utterly ridiculous. I swear its like a 10-20/1 ratio of Nascar to European Football over here. MLS gets more tv exposure than in previous years, but the standard of play still inst there yet. Most MLS teams still build their teams with European cast offs, and unheard of Latin Americans. Its getting there though. Hopefully the league continues to grow, and if I am lucky Everton will make a midwest appearance sometime soon.

Not the best of starts from Sirius XM. An Executive Director called Joe Thomas from Sirius XMFC 94, the station with broadcast rights to the whole of USA reads out a list of honours for each club bar Everton - who are the merely the team Tim Howard US Goalkeeper plays for. :(

Not the best of starts from Sirius XM. An Executive Director called Joe Thomas from Sirius XMFC 94, the station with broadcast rights to the whole of USA reads out a list of honours for each club bar Everton - who are the merely the team Tim Howard US Goalkeeper plays for. :(

That's shocking.

Don't we play Juventus and if we get through then play Real Madrid or LA Galaxy? I thought if we get knocked out then that's it only one team we play? I couldbe wrong

If we beat Juve we play the winners of Real/LA, if we lose we play the losers.....depending on those two results we then play off for either 1st/2nd, 3rd/4th, 5th/6th or 7th/8th.

So three games whatever the results.

Talk about kicking folk when they're down.

Add to the 'Why the world hates Americans' thread.

But honestly, what else could they mention? There's no trophy's to speak of lately. Should he have said that we are the club who has had the longest run in the top league in England? What was he supposed to say about Everton that would have been better? List our successes in the 70s, 80s, and 90s? Its almost 20 years ago now and not so relevant.

But honestly, what else could they mention? There's no trophy's to speak of lately. Should he have said that we are the club who has had the longest run in the top league in England? What was he supposed to say about Everton that would have been better? List our successes in the 70s, 80s, and 90s? Its almost 20 years ago now and not so relevant.

They managed to mention Valencia winning the Spanish title six times so they could at least have said "nine times champions".

They managed to mention Valencia winning the Spanish title six times so they could at least have said "nine times champions".

Yeah but nine times champions is nothing compared to being the club that the US goaltender Tim Howard represents ;)

:fishing:

• 1 month later...

I hope I am posting this in the correct area, but I am going to the International Champions Cup match in San Francisco in 2 weeks, and was wondering if the Everton supporters are sitting in any particular section of the ground?

Sure as heck I don't want to sit near any Juventus fans.

- Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...