IGNORED

I Am Fed Up With Everton

What?

Yes I am a little fed up with the club.

The reason?

Well put it this way, do you rate Stoke as a big club? They lost their manager after we lost Davey, this morning they appoint Mark Hughes ( I don't really rate him that highly) We still have not made any announcements.

The same dilly dallying occurs when wwe are looking to sign players, EVERY year.

Please please Everton stop this procrastinating and become more active, I am getting to be so fed up.

Trust me if Stoke were able to get a manager in like Martinez or Pereira then they would have taken more time. They are not as an attractive proposition as we are. Hughes declared his interest in the EFC job instantly, I doubt we took any notice of that declaration.

On the subject of Hughes, I wouldn't have ever considered him at us but I think he'll be a good appointment for Stoke as they're more comparable to Blackburn or Fulham rather than QPR or Man City - he just needs to show a bit of loyalty now as he has jumped ship from anywhere he has done a good job at.

Stoke acted quickly in order to get Hughes who may have been considered by Wigan?

Stoke chose Hughes over Martinez??? - more like they knew they couldn't get Martinez as he was all for the Everton job?

We are in a position to mull over this and do it the right way. The incoming manager is unlikely to say "yeah I want to work for you, but if you don't rush this decision then i'm off to Malaga". It is as important as a decision for the right manager as it is for the club to take their time over this. There will be discussions such as:-

• contract size and length
  • next seasons goals
  • next seasons budget
  • players who will not be needed and sacrificed for a kitty to work with
  • players who are targetted
  • back room staff

The one thing Kenwright will be well experienced in is how Moyes was a thorough organiser, he should want to see the incoming manager have thoughts on all the above. If he doesn't then he hasn't learned anything off what was arguably Moyes greatest strength "club management"

'They appoint Mark Hughes' is the most important part of that post. We're clearly assessing better options. We could have appointed Hughes instantly but thank god we didn't. Have Chelsea appointed Mourinho yet? Is Pellegrinni Citeh's new manager yet? No. We'll have a manager in the next few days after a thorough search and it will be a better candidate than Mark Hughes.

I didn't want Hughes either but i hardly think the options we are looking at are really that much better imo. Martinez's record is fucking awful we shouldn't even be looking at him, Pereira is a coach, rather than a manager, and some of the other names linked to the job are just laughable.The only name linked so far with a suitable record/career has been FSW ffs!! Bill 'count-the-pennies' Kenwright has a lot to answer for imo

Very frustrating times at the moment, especially with the badge thing as well, i just hope to god Kenwright backs the new man otherwise i really do fear the worst, we are an aging squad who need some sorting out.

To some managers, Stoke will be more attractive, they are backed by Bet365 and have more money than us to spend acquiring new talent.

In that sense so would QPR... in which case I want a manager who doesnt think Stoke are attractive, otherwise we would likely be in the market for Mark Hughes, Martin O'Neill, Harry Redknapp. With deadline day bids for Jermaine Pennant, Peter Crouch, Kenwynne Jones, Darren Bent, Chris Samba, on £70k a week contracts.

To some managers, Stoke will be more attractive, they are backed by Bet365 and have more money than us to spend acquiring new talent.

Stoke won't be spending as much as they have done, their wage bill has been rising year on year so I'd expect they'll be run more like us. We've spent in the past and kept most by spending more on wages.

I didn't want Hughes either but i hardly think the options we are looking at are really that much better imo. Martinez's record is fucking awful we shouldn't even be looking at him, Pereira is a coach, rather than a manager, and some of the other names linked to the job are just laughable.The only name linked so far with a suitable record/career has been FSW ffs!! Bill 'count-the-pennies' Kenwright has a lot to answer for imo

Very frustrating times at the moment, especially with the badge thing as well, i just hope to god Kenwright backs the new man otherwise i really do fear the worst, we are an aging squad who need some sorting out.

Martinez was 1st choice for Villa and Liverpoo this time last year. He's obviously well thought of in the footballing world.

When making your opinion do you consider taking into account performance versus resource?

Sebastian Vettel would never have ended up winning the F1 championship in a top car if people judged him solely on where he finished for a poor team. They seen that despite being in a poor car with poor resources he gave some good racers a run for their money. They knew with a better car he could challenge the best.

Pound for Pound Mark Hughes is one of the worst managers i've seen alongside Martin O'Neill - they collect players and squander millions, causing disharmony within the squads.

So what do you class as a good manager? Moyes didn't win a trophy in 11 years in charge at Everton. Rafa went to Inter and got sacked within a couple of months. Went to Chelsea and in my opinion done a good job. AVB went to Chelsea got sacked, went to Spurs and has done wel (okay anyone with Bale in the team is bound to do well). Moyes could go to United and it could go t1ts up for him, does that mean he isn't a good manager!? United supporters are very ambitious and they have a right to be, there will be a lot of presssure on Moyes but I think he can handle it.

Hughes is an okay manager for the likes of Stoke, Fulham, Blackburn who don't really have any ambitions except for finishing in the top of the table. He went to QPR and I can expect the board wanting the impossible. Hughes didn't get given enough time at QPR. I wouldn't like him at Everton, not because he isn't an good manager because we expect so much more from our team that I don't think he could handle it.

Martinez isn't a rubbish manager, why would Kenwright be interviewing him if he is!? It is all good and well looking at his record and saying he isn't good but have you watched any games.

I like watching Wigan they play good football. The only thing that lets them down is defence. We have got defender coaches and with the likes of Jags, Heit, Distin and Duffy we will never be a Wigan.

Martinez was 1st choice for Villa and Liverpoo this time last year. He's obviously well thought of in the footballing world.

I know, but he didn't get relegated last year did he, and his overall record is not great. I said before i will back him until he makes a mistake, if he leave's the back four alone and concentrates on the front 6 then we could finally break top 4 imo, We maybe just need another forward and winger, and maybe midfielder to replace Felli if he does go. With what we have already i think we might surprise people, i must admit i would like to see us playing it across the ground on a regular basis.

Haha this did make me laugh. I don't think we would ever lose a manager to Stoke who we are interviewing as well. If a manager had a choice between us or Stoke I think they would choose Everton even with a limited budget.

So what do you class as a good manager? Moyes didn't win a trophy in 11 years in charge at Everton. Rafa went to Inter and got sacked within a couple of months. Went to Chelsea and in my opinion done a good job. AVB went to Chelsea got sacked, went to Spurs and has done wel (okay anyone with Bale in the team is bound to do well). Moyes could go to United and it could go t1ts up for him, does that mean he isn't a good manager!? United supporters are very ambitious and they have a right to be, there will be a lot of presssure on Moyes but I think he can handle it.

Hughes is an okay manager for the likes of Stoke, Fulham, Blackburn who don't really have any ambitions except for finishing in the top of the table. He went to QPR and I can expect the board wanting the impossible. Hughes didn't get given enough time at QPR. I wouldn't like him at Everton, not because he isn't an good manager because we expect so much more from our team that I don't think he could handle it.

Martinez isn't a rubbish manager, why would Kenwright be interviewing him if he is!? It is all good and well looking at his record and saying he isn't good but have you watched any games.

I like watching Wigan they play good football. The only thing that lets them down is defence. We have got defender coaches and with the likes of Jags, Heit, Distin and Duffy we will never be a Wigan.

Wigan do play good football i agree, just think we should be aiming higher, remember our outgoing manager has just been hand picked to manage the biggest club in the world despite not winning anything. I would have liked us to have gone for Tuchel.

I know, but he didn't get relegated last year did he, and his overall record is not great. I said before i will back him until he makes a mistake, if he leave's the back four alone and concentrates on the front 6 then we could finally break top 4 imo, We maybe just need another forward and winger, and maybe midfielder to replace Felli if he does go. With what we have already i think we might surprise people, i must admit i would like to see us playing it across the ground on a regular basis.

I don't think that him getting relegated with Wigan changes anything. On the same basis you could say his stock has improved as he won a trophy. Should villa or Liverpoo had needed a manager this year I'd still have imagined he'd have been on their radar. If Villa had gone down this year I'd have still thought Lambert was an excellent manager.

I don't think that him getting relegated with Wigan changes anything. On the same basis you could say his stock has improved as he won a trophy. Should villa or Liverpoo had needed a manager this year I'd still have imagined he'd have been on their radar. If Villa had gone down this year I'd have still thought Lambert was an excellent manager.

There is this and it does slightly balance things out for him, there is potential with it like i explained and i would support him until he makes a mistake.Lets just see who gets the job first. Heaven help if it's not Martinez and it turns out to be Lennon or Stubbs.

If Villa had gone down this year I'd have still thought Lambert was an excellent manager.

Definitely. Difficult to repair the mess left by O'Neill, Houllier & McLeish although I was hoping Villa would go down (and Newcastle, too, for that matter) and continue to drop for the forseeable future.

I don't think we're dithering just yet to our previous dithering heights but give it until the end of June and it will be a different story.

What an idiot post.

Everton (or more often Moyes) have often been accused of dithering but I don't think there's any of that right now. Everton are speaking to at least 1 if not more managers regarding the post. They are trying to decide from what the managers say and i guess looking at what they have done before who would be the best man for the job.

Equally those other managers are listening to what Kenwright and co have to say and deciding weather Everton is the club for them.

They will both want to agree terms to contracts, the club will want to give expectations to the manager and the manager will want to know what he will have to play with, what support he will get etc etc.

While i'm keen to see a new man in the job I'm happy for it be done in due course as long as it's done in the next week or 2 and we get the right man for the job or at least someone that has been well decided is the right man for the job.

What's being a big club got to do with how quickly you take on a new manager?

Also what do they need to announce? Club's generally don't announce that they are talking to a particular manager it just comes out like has done with Martinez.

One of the worst things about the Internet is people expect everything to happen quickly and they expect to know about it ALL of the time

What an idiot post.

Everton (or more often Moyes) have often been accused of dithering but I don't think there's any of that right now. Everton are speaking to at least 1 if not more managers regarding the post. They are trying to decide from what the managers say and i guess looking at what they have done before who would be the best man for the job.

Equally those other managers are listening to what Kenwright and co have to say and deciding weather Everton is the club for them.

They will both want to agree terms to contracts, the club will want to give expectations to the manager and the manager will want to know what he will have to play with, what support he will get etc etc.

While i'm keen to see a new man in the job I'm happy for it be done in due course as long as it's done in the next week or 2 and we get the right man for the job or at least someone that has been well decided is the right man for the job.

Also what do they need to announce? Club's generally don't announce that they are talking to a particular manager it just comes out like has done with Martinez.

One of the worst things about the Internet is people expect everything to happen quickly and they expect to know about it ALL of the time

its frustration, not idiocy...

What an idiot post.

Point taken, Compared with myself and many others, you don't care overmuch about the situation. No sweat, we all have priorities. As for it being an idiotic post. Well if it was so idiotic it would not have had so many replies don't you think? Peace brother, you have your opinion and are as entitled to it as much as I am entitled to mine. :67:

its frustration, not idiocy...

Very succinct and well said Matt. It is indeed frustration. I am sure BK at least knew about this long before it was announced. Many of us suspected it for a couple of years. Plans may have been laid well in advance, so I am frustrated at how long it is now taking. :)

We have very sad lives when we get frustrated about football. :unsure:

I suppose that says it all. I do have other concerns too (as you know) But for my own sanity I want to concentrate on mediocre things such as football. It takes my mind off things I don't want to dwell on. :)

What's to say Martinez won't bring his own defensive coaches with him?! None of our current staff are guarenteed a job next season, look what happened to all the Man Utd staff. Assuming that under Martinez we will be ok defensively because of the coaches Moyes appointed is short sighted.

Point taken, Compared with myself and many others, you don't care overmuch about the situation. No sweat, we all have priorities. As for it being an idiotic post. Well if it was so idiotic it would not have had so many replies don't you think? Peace brother, you have your opinion and are as entitled to it as much as I am entitled to mine. :67:

Very succinct and well said Matt. It is indeed frustration. I am sure BK at least knew about this long before it was announced. Many of us suspected it for a couple of years. Plans may have been laid well in advance, so I am frustrated at how long it is now taking. :)

I suppose that says it all. I do have other concerns too (as you know) But for my own sanity I want to concentrate on mediocre things such as football. It takes my mind off things I don't want to dwell on. :)

You're dwelling on football. :shaking fist: